Nokia 3310: Useless in North America

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nokia-3310-re-launch-review-price-features-how-much-amazon-release-date-a7601476.html

What are my options for getting a cheap, shitty, but fashionable dumbphone for just talk and text now as a Canadian?

I honestly think they did a shit job on the remake, but I probably would have got it as I'm in the market for a phone and am tired of social media always being at my fingertips.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_3
adafruit.com/product/338
youtube.com/watch?v=AKqYvS9ljso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They fucked up relaunching the 3310. What douchebags.

>texting
I can tell you're either young, or very retarded. Texting on T9 should only be used in a life or death situation.

Only thing I can't understand is the price. I can literally buy a refurb. (probs with new battery, too) E71 or E91 for the same price.

I'm pretty disappointed. It isn't better than the 150 at all. I'm actually angry but the 3-5-6 are decent. I hope they are sold as BYOD in Canada.

The era of flagship is behind us, people want well made reliable phones and NOKIA is making it. Normalfags don't even know they can install apps, let alone use them.

Texting on T9 was fine, you loser. Not the phone's fault your only contact was your mom.

555 666 555 666 55 2 999 8 44 33 66

As a t-mobile user I can still buy one and have it serve till 2020

I guess you never used Nokia autocorrect for number pad. They had that starting from the end of 90s.

>color display
>low end camera just for the sake of including a camera

Totally useless features on a dumb-smart.

>glossy cheap plastic that will crack upon putting it on a table
What's the point? Why didn't they make it waterproof at least? Who would they expect to buy it for $50 in a third world country?
Where are easily swappable shells?

Literally ALL they had to do was
>give it more battery
>give it USB support
>give it 3G

instead those absolute retards went and
>redesigned it to look like a turd for no fucking reason
>locked it to 2G, losing a ton of buyers
>even redid the menus

as expected of Nokia to completely and utterly fuck up an incredibly simple relaunch

I think it is impossible to find monochrome or even color displays of that size as the original. They could have gone for oled or eink though.

>Useless in North America

GOOD

>Most 3rd world countries rely on WhatsApp.
>Useless in the 3rd world

>Texting on T9 should only be used in a life or death situation.
>he actually uses the to auto correct and not speed click
>calls people either young or retarded
Uhhhhhhh

I bought a Nokia a year ago, having good memories with their phones I thought, what could go wrong?
Well, their dumbphones are complete crap now, and this relaunch is going to be same shitty dumbphone they've been releasing for the past years.
With crappy software, crappy screens, crappy cameras and lacking any sort of essential functionality to make these dumbphones useful in this day and age.

Yes, they are fine if you just need to call, but being able to check my email or use any modern texting application is necessary nowadays, why does this phone have no 3G or even WiFi?

I'm so let down, I just want a good featurephone again.

Someone stole my 3310 back in the day.
Hate whole humanity from that day 12 years ago.

The thing that bothers me is the fact this phone didn't particularly need to be overly cheap.
This phone is only going to apply to nostalgia early 90's kids (such as myself). Nostalgia sells, people spend a lot of money for it.

They should of gone all out (Huge battery, 3/4G support) with an e-ink display. Also, why the fuck haven't they included interchangeable covers like the original?

3310 was my favourite phone, ever. Youngfags can't imagine how amazing that phone was in 2000.

Sadly, mine was taken at knifepoint by a nigger on a bus and I had to pay the remainder of the contract for another 12 months as I had no insurance.

I do not understand the remake, its absurd tbqh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_3

Which one of you faggots did this?

>impossible to find monochrome
adafruit.com/product/338

3310 is the most overrated phone ever.

It was slow af, the 3410 was superior in every way and there were much better Sony Ericssons for less.

>S30+ so no J2ME
>shit design
>look like a cheap chinese toy that will break on they first fall
Fuck this shit phone

>he dropped a 3310
>his legs had to be amputated due to the blast

your bitterness is understandable, user.

>Sony Ericssons
Kek outside of japan they were all trash

sorry but if you can't text properly and fast on a t9 keyboard, i think it's not that other user who is young.

xdddd nice 9gog maymay, fellow redditor xdddd

>Texting on T9 should only be used in a life or death situation.
you have to be 18+ to use this website

If thy are using the cheapest possible radio hardware their will be a North America SKU...

how

How

HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO FUCK EVEN THIS UP

They could be riding a wave of nostalgia and memes and sell fucking millions of these
instead they completely alienate the US and other countries that have closed their 2G network

then they redesign it, making it look absolutely nothing like the original

this is the last nail in the coffin of Nokia

it's over

>useless in north america, japan, etc. because 2G
>useless in europe because no whatsapp
>useless in china because no wechat

Is this phone literally designed for niggers, sandniggers and pajeets?

It's useless in South America too, I don't even know what they tried to do, they could just have released the old model instead of designing this piece of shit that hardly resembles it

Don't India and the middle east also use chat apps / data primarily too?

Who the fuck is this phone for

>3310 is the most overrated phone ever.

This desu. It's too heavy and too fat. If you want an oldschool Nokia, there are better choices like the 1100. Even the battery life is better on this one.

It's not even a smart anything

Smart implies it can install apps

>easily swappable shells
>water proof

Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=AKqYvS9ljso

I'm confused why that little boy is dressed like a girl. Also Africa has a pretty large mobile phone userbase with many of them connecting to the internet through their smart phones. Listen to any African radio station that speaks English and a lot of the advertisements are for mobile data plans. I was listening in on I think a Uganda station and they frequently were talking about cellphone plans.

Underage b&!

Big battery
Black and white
Durable (the new one is not)
Wi-fi
WhatsApp
Threaded messaging

The new 3310 has none of these features.

If it did it would be the ultimate travel phone. Fuck I'll just have to keep using my shitty smartphone until an actually useful dumb phone comes

Literally the only similarity between the original 3310 and the new one is the name

gg, nokia

Honestly I think all they should have done was make it look more similar to the original 3310 but with an oled display that uses a black and white theme that looked like the old gui

>needs fagsapp

They could release the old version with 3G, microUSB and a better battery and a new smartphone with the design of the old 3310 with a extreme durability (like Caterpillar Phones).

Instead of that they release a 2006 tier crap.

Nokia is done.

How the fuck do you talk to your friends then?

It's not even Nokia anymore

Am I the only one who is buying this precisely because it doesn't have 3/4g, apps etc? Sometimes I just want to go offline.

Besides, it's only $50 and will probably last 10-15 years.

What are you even going to do with it? It's not like people are going to start calling you over 2g instead of using WA or skype for free

you can get nokia 105 for $20 ...

for this price you can get chink smartphone

Why even buy this crap for 50 bux? why not buy the original

So you text when you're abroad? What are you, a retard?

fucking normalfaggots get off my board reeeeeee

In my country the calls and txts are unlimited on cheap contracts so people don't usually bother with skype etc.

20...50 it doesn't make a difference. I see this having nostalgia value and also is probably well made. The only thing is it better have good reception and quality speaker

>"In a world that is more disconnected than ever..."
fucking kek. people actually buy this garbage too.

I wonder if i could still text without looking?

i hope it's a good mp3 player

Confirmed for underage. I was able to quickly type on Nokia T9 keyboards without even looking at the phone and with no errors, punctuation and all. A decade and a half ago that's how we stealthily texted in class kiddo.

It only has the GSM bands for outside north america. So if you are outside north america then yes you can.

If you are in north america it will never work because we don't use the frequencies that the phone uses.

That's the nokia 6230.

It's not waterproof, it's just built so well it doesn't matter if water gets into it.

Are there any e-ink phones? I think that would be a good product. Shitload of battery, and easy to see under the sun. It doesn't have to be a dumbphone, it could be a smartphone, but black and white.

There are, but the user interfaces are terrible. Look up YotaPhone.

nokia should've just made 5 band/3system /2 sim usbmodem / hotspot and it would sell like gas when it was $1.60/gal

wow, i want it right now
to replace my old phone

I heard that those were hackable, but I forgot what part.
Extremely popular with criminals.

changable IMEI? but that works on many other phones as well

I just want a dumb phone that at least has Whatsapp and can be used in North America ;__;

>3410 was superior in every way

shit plastic

>there are better choices like the 1100

shit plastic

facebook you fucking retard

Can you install java-apps on it ?

Series 30+ doesn't have the Java IME thing, no

So what is an reliable dumbphone that has 3g North American bands?

lol ...I will not buy this meme.

>LOLONBYBEN

lol lrn 2 txt losr

They should've brought back the 5310 instead

I already keep a flip phone as backup. If they sold a suitable reasonably priced flip or bar phone on symbian or the like with a decent camera (10mp+) I'd ditch the smartphone meme.

>that faux-classic design
We 2005 now

>implying they didn't lock it to 2G to win over the billions of Indians instead of us rich folk

Like for real, I got so badass at t9 that I'd send long ass messages without errors and I'd never even really look at the screen.
The autocorrect wasn't necessary, it became easier than qwerty touch typing to me, since there were less keys. It became little more than pattern memorization...