>tfw fell for the 16GiB RAM meme

Why? 16GiB is a sweet spot.

>tfw fell for the 8GB meme

4GB is good
8GB is the sweet spot
16GB is an unnecessary waste of money for 99% of PC users

t. poorfag

Confirmation
I used 4GB up until last month without problems. It was only then that I started to get into VMs a bit so I got another 4GB. I haven't used more than 5GB yet but putting anything smaller than an additional 4GB in it would have been kinda stupid.

>GiB

No.

The question you have to ask yourself is: Have you ever used more than ~6GB of RAM at any given time? In most cases the answer will be no. 8GB is useful mainly because of dual channel with 2 same sized modules. If not for dual channel I'd be using a single 4GB module.

Also, no I won't use 2x2GB because my computer came with a single 4GB RAM stick.

4GB is enough, even with Chrome. I often run Chrome, League of Legends and MPC-HC running 10-bit chinese cartoons simultaneously. Never crossed the 3GB threshold.

Clean install Windows 7 is very lightweight.

>tfw didn't fall for the 16gb ram meme
>tfw didn't fall for the Gentoo meme
>tfw didn't fall for the becoming a code monkey meme
>tfw I did stall when the meme wall (the Berlin Wall) did fall

>tfw fell for the 4gb RAM meme

>was about to fall for 16gb meme
>fell for 2133MHz meme instead
>not sure how hard I was jewed

How can you 'fall' for a meme when it literally costs $10 more to get 2x8GB instead of a single stick?

>not even the max JEDEC frequency for DDR4
You jewed yourself, champ.

One shouldn't use Windows out of a virtual machine with GPU passthrough, so, that memory can be put to good use. Buy an old monitor or a KVM, and a cheap video card for the host OS and never look back.

Patricians do not get "certain" GBs. Patricians get GOOD RAM, not A LOT of RAM. They know how much they need, they do not get more so they save the wasted money, and give the money saved by doing that to get BETTER/FASTER RAM.

poorfag

Its so cheap now why not throw 16 or 32G in there

because

stupidfag:

bought 2x4GB of 1600MHz CL8 DDR3 random access memory in 2011

Overclocked to 2133MHz 8-9-8-27
tell me how memed I am

>my computer came with
Since when does a prebuilt pleb have the audacity to have any opinions on RAM amounts? Fuck outta here.

Oh yeah, enjoying my 128MB of DDR4 3600MHz 1-1-1-1

>GiB

Even good sticks are cheap in twin packs

I used ~6.5GB of RAM for the first time today and it could have easily been higher but I restricted the heap size beforehand because I only have 8GB

I'm going to upgrade to 16GB

>tfw 12GB

nigger.

You are stupid. You were replying to a message that said to get how much you need. If you thought you need 128MB RAM you are mentally challenged.

>mfw everyone fell for the more than 640KB meme

Even rich fags should not be that stupid. By wasting money on RAM they do not need they destroy technology. Everyone should support BETTER ram over more ram, if the more ram remains unused.

what are good and cheap 16GB rams?

I have to have 16 bg of ram to hava program lol not even joking

>java*

>tfw fell for the 32GB meme
No seriously, anything less is for plebs