Anyone has any SERIOUS clue if the DDR4 prices are going to drop anytime soon ?

Anyone has any SERIOUS clue if the DDR4 prices are going to drop anytime soon ?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/8959/ddr4-haswell-e-scaling-review-2133-to-3200-with-gskill-corsair-adata-and-crucial/8
crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency
wccftech.com/fallout-4-performance-heavily-influenced-by-ram-speed-according-to-report/
seekingalpha.com/article/4050567-micron-ride-higher-next-tech-wave
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When the Jews decide it's a good time to drop the price.

If I had to guess, some time after the current system building craze. You didn't expect them to drop prices while people are so enthusiastic about Kaby Lake and Ryzen, did you?

Pretty much this I guess

DDR4 is going into mobile phones now, ram is basically a commodity at this point
this drives the price up

Retarded bitches using DDR4 for candy crush and tinder skyrocketing the price of my future rig

This angers me too user.

>tfw the same sticks you bought last year are now 65% more expensive

don't anger greatest merchant

No they are going up still, and predicted to increase over the rest of the year.

>rig
kys

Leave him alone he is probably 14 and might actually do it

Buy RAM as soon as possible because it's only going to get more expensive, especially with Ryzen launching soon.
Prices will slowly go down probably in early 2018, maybe late 2017.

VALUE RAM
A
L
U
E

R
A
M

>buying anything below 3200MHz in 2017

Looks good and you'll pay for it. Still looks good.

>3200MHz
>200MHz

Wew

1066 is fine

Someone posted links here. The prices will stabilize by 3rd quarter of 2017.

This.
>mfw 3xxxMHz cucks think they have fast RAM
4266MHz master race.

>speedlet thinks 2133MHz is fine in 2017
2133MHz was slow even in 2009 lmao.

Stabilize, but not go down. There's really no point in waiting if you're building a new system this year.

>tfw the 16GB of RAM you want is now $100 more expensive than a month ago

I might as well not even bother with the way prices on literally everything jumped up. My build costs an extra $400 because of the price gouging around ryzen's launch.

>DDR4 prices drop

Maybe.

> anytime soon

Nope.mpeg

Of course, depends upon your definition of "soon," but I doubt this year. Might catch sorta not totally suck deals around Thanksgiving, but the companies are making mad bank on anal raping their customers right now. Nothing in the cards to stop them, and lots of indications that nearly every government in the world is going to be very, VERY busy with an ongoing shitshow of one flavor or another all year. So, RAM issues for faggots won't be on the radar.

Now, the one thing that MIGHT make a difference ....

With something major like Ryzen coming out &/or Intel releasing something that requires DDR4 mobos, if the RAM prices are so fukt that they are depressing the general market for system and component sales that affect some of the big tech names in their profit margins. MAYBE.

But, honestly, a RAM shortage that fucks phone sales is really the only thing where I see market pressure coinciding with governments to give consumers a break.

Probably the better question to ask is:

How much worse is it going to get than it is right now? And, will it stabilize higher, or return to current levels by year's end?

DDR4 is placebo. Wait for DDR5 or some new type of RAM technology to emerge. Till then utilize your old DDR3 kits.

I haven't built a system in a long time but didn't the skylake motherboard chipsets have a RAM voltage limitation? You'd have to be sure about AM4 limitations before buying a kit.

This whole post reeks of first year Uni.
Get ya head out of your ass.
Also post formatting. You seem reddit at it.

this, retards thinking there's yuge difference between ddr3 1600 and ddr4 3200
while not understanding difference in CL

Wow game benchmarks.
Let's sidestep that Ryzen gets gains from higher ram frequency's in games.
You know other things use ram too.

I don't know what you're talking about. I recently bought 3200MHz 1.35v 2x8gb RAM. I don't see why it wouldn't work with Ryzen.

>le 2133MHz CL15 ddr4 vs 1600MHz CL9 ddr3 xDDDDD

>can't think of valid response
>let's xDDDD
how's the school?

anandtech.com/show/8959/ddr4-haswell-e-scaling-review-2133-to-3200-with-gskill-corsair-adata-and-crucial/8

>Moving from a standard DDR3-2133 C11 kit to DDR4-2133 C15, just by looking at the numbers, feels like a downgrade despite what the rest of the system is.
>DDR4-2133 c15

The funny thing is, they're not even using actual ddr4 memory. All they did is increase timings on 2133 ddr3 RAM to emulate DDR4. The article was published in february 2015.
DDR4-3200+ destroys any ddr3 memory.

>while not understanding difference in CL

You are quite literally the one who doesn't understand how RAM latency works. Timings alone mean fucking nothing, because true latency is a factor of both timings and clock speed. Tech-illiterate retards like you look at DDR4's looser timings and derp on about how that means it has more latency, yet that's fucking wrong because it also has a far higher clock speed.

To put it in the simplest possible terms for you, a stick of DDR3 1600 with timings of 8-8-8-18 would have the exact same latency as a stick of DDR4 3200 with timings of 16-16-16-36, all minor timings aside. In addition to the same latency, it will have twice the bandwidth.

There are literally no downsides to DDR4. Get a brain, moran.

They are using actual ddr4 memory, but it's the slowest available ddr4 memory on the market (2133 cl15) and they're comparing it to high end ddr3 memory (2133).

Try the same test with high end ddr4 memory and there will be a 10-20% difference in some games (witcher 3, fallout 4, any open world game).

I have to use 1600 mhz thanks to snsv, it's like I pre-cuck'd myself when I bought my zenbook

>a bunch of ancient games using ancient engines

Mmm, really strange that they don't benefit much from access to increased memory bandwidth.

Of course, an ancient engine might benefit from more memory bandwidth in the scenario where you've built a new game on top of it and stretched it to breaking point.

>tfw upgrading from 1333MHz 8gb ddr3 to 3400MHz 16gb ddr4
>almost fell for the "le RAM has no effect on framerate" meme
Feels good.

>unironically buying placebo
lmao

Poorfags will tell themselves anything to avoid admitting that their nig rig is outdated. Like this same dumb asshole convincing himself that DDR4 has really high latency and is actually worse than his ancient DDR3 because because MUH CAS LATENCY.

crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency

>convincing himself that DDR4 has really high latency and is actually worse than his ancient DDR3 because because MUH CAS LATENCY.
clean your magic crystall ball, it's not working
i'm saying it's not worth replacement as the gains are negligible
but who am i to tell you how to spend your good goy money, i know..

The ddr4 phone thing is a shitty excuse because also ddr3 prices increased. Also mobile chips require a different line of production, so the actual production of desktop/server DIMMS should remain unaffected because you can't simply reconvert the machinery used for big chips to produce small ones. They are simply raping us without a reason. I will make my i5 2500k with 12gb of ddr3 last for at least another year

And you're still a goddamn retard. Sure, if all you play is fucking ancient console ports from the PS3 and 360, you don't need the latest and greatest hardware. Otherwise you note the clear and obvious performance benefits more memory bandwidth provides in newer titles and make your decision from there.

But then it's not like there's even a fucking decision to be made. There's precisely one platform that supports both DDR3 and DDR4 memory, and there are precisely zero desktop motherboards for it which actually have slots to put DDR3 into. If you upgrade to a Skylake or newer CPU, you have literally no option but to buy some DDR4 with it.

really destroyed, ill tell ya
>1440p@ultra is normal goyim, you have to spend all them shekels

get fucked

4690k +ddr3 will last till 2020 when ddr5 comes around. only retard buys new pc every 2 years, sorry

why the fuck do phones need ddr4 anyways, it's not like they can actually benefit from the speeds, cant they use something else.

They benefit from the power savings and speed.

Pajeets can shitpost on Sup Forums 2% faster now.
Also, normgroids love muh specs even though all they do is browse faceberg, instagram and reddit.

>1440p@ultra is normal goyim, you have to spend all them shekels

Oh look, you're still fucking retarded. The resolution is completely irrelevant to the gains shown. Here are some Fallout 4 results at 1080p for example:

>1600MHz: 36.0/54.6
>2133MHz: 39.0/61.0
>2400MHz: 44.0/66.9

wccftech.com/fallout-4-performance-heavily-influenced-by-ram-speed-according-to-report/

And pic related for yet more.

You can convince yourself that you have nothing to worry about all you like, my sweet little poorfag, but the difference is clear. Of course, you don't NEED to have the absolute best performance, but quit trying to convince other people that it doesn't exist because you can't afford it.

pls stop memeing me, what is the best speed to start with?

Its not going to drop, stop being poor

3000-3400MHz (CL15 - CL16).

probably 2666
although when i got my vengeance last year 16gb was like 70 bucks, now the same card is like 130 wtf

i got 8gb if DDR3, should I but 8gb more or just by 16gb if DDR4?

If you buy ddr4, you're going to have to get a new motherboard and CPU as well.

I have 8 gigs of shitty 1333MHz RAM and I decided to upgrade to Ryzen.

i like how you decided the other part of my statement - details
according to you most gamers are poorfags as most gamers play on lower settings
willingness to spend money on high-end components =/= being poorfag

i'll ignore the part about convincing others that it doesn't exist, your compulsive ad-hominem (ab)use tells much

I have 2666 ddr3 think I could oc to 3000 with a bit of voltage?

2666-3200

Lmao if u rly have less than 64gb of RAM in 2017

good thing I got a laptop with an SSD and DDR4 right before the price hike began

>got 16GB of DDR3 last year for $60
>same RAM now is $80
>cheapest kit of DDR4 is $100

why

supply and demand?

ITT: Retards who think RAM speed doesn't matter

Not for quite some time. If you'd like to track it yourself, head over to dramexchange.com

Hewlett Packard Enterprise just had their earnings call and stated that RAM prices were up 50% QoQ. There are only three major DRAM manufacturers now and they've all shifted capex to 3D NAND. DDR3/4 appears to be on allocation now, which is very bad for consumer prices (but good if you invest in these companies).

I expect MU CFO to update guidance this Thursday which should indicate the continuation of high DDR prices.

Micron is working on a completely new memory (not 3DXP or DDRx). Details should emerge over the next year.

DDR4-3200C14 1T is the sweet spot but not cheap

In this shitpost: A retard who thinks benchmarks from shit games matter

What real world advantages does higher freq. RAM have?
I do light gaymen.
occasional video encoding(high efficiency)
And Compressing files(7-zip and RAR only)
Also it worth falling for the billion core ryzen meme(with 7-zip and encoding?)
Thanks in advance.

Mobile market.

More precisely memory manufacturers switching their lines to produce more mobile memory and less desktop memory. The PC market declined so rapidly it makes perfect sense. This is also why I don't think prices will decline significantly (if at all) - there's really no incentive for the manufacturers to make more desktop memory. If one does, they all will, and they'll all get hurt by a massive price drop.

relevant: seekingalpha.com/article/4050567-micron-ride-higher-next-tech-wave

I chose 3200mhz ram because it seemed like a good middle ground. I'm not jewish so spending a little extra didn't hurt.

DDR3 is still pricey even when DDR4 is available. Why the fuck would DDR4 suddenly experience a price drop?

Maybe when DDR7 is standard DDR4 will be more reasonable priced.

>Maybe when DDR7 is standard DDR4 will be more reasonable priced.
Doesn't work that way, old RAM stays expensive because of limited supply. Good luck finding a new stick of DDR2 for a reasonable price. Good luck finding a new stick of DDR3 for a reasonable price within the next five years.

As someone who plays games on a toaster, let me share a little bit of wisdom with you. The difference between 107 and 121 FPS is fuck all. The difference between 85 and 97 FPS is fuck all. The difference between 9 and 12 FPS is massive, the same as the difference between 15 and 20 FPS. So those results confirm that RAM speed doesn't amount to piss at those levels.

>$450 before tax for 64 gigs
>feel like I'm paying Applefag tax for this shit

I will wait for DDR5