Lightning is Dead

>According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple will begin abandoning its own Lightning connector.
>The iPhone 8 will adopt the industry standard USB-C.
>Apple will also place the phone in a new pricing category, while the 2017 iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus will be in their usual brackets, the iPhone 8 will launch alongside the 7s series but in a "Anniversary Edition" that will start at $1000.
>WSJ also reaffirms the iPhone 8 will feature an OLED display, and drop the traditional Home Button for a wide touch sensitive chin.

macrumors.com/2017/02/28/iphone-8-oled-screen-usb-c/

I personally enjoyed the article where a journalist said that (in his opinion) the IPS display of an iPhone has better viewing angles than an OLED.

>usb type C
great
>OLED
bad
>wide touch sensitive chin
absolutely disgusting. Apple won't give up the trademark home button

Why is Apple adopting OLED? Is that better than IPS?

Yes.
Inherently better colors and thinner. Can have lower power draw in some situations.
Also you can view it from any angle without color changing.

cool, i guess

>will start at $1000
Applecucks are going to buy this

OLED is bound to replace IPS sooner than later.

OLED pixels only turn on when it needs to, that's why they have "richer blacks".

LCD pixels are always on. Also OLED is flexible and more energy efficient.

LCD has already reached it's peak.

>As if Samshit Galaxy Explosion 7 was any cheaper
>Dumb enough to pay $1,000 straight up without getting some type of financing

I've been a diehard applefag for six years and this is actually making me consider dropping iPhone, and possibly apple altogether. After they decided to raise the price of the MBP for no good reason, and now this. A starting price of $1000 will easily be $1300-1500 in leafland, which is double what I paid for my 6+

So now everyone who bought lightning headphones after the 7 announcement is fucked

>A bunch of headphones get made for lightning
>Literally for nothing after 2 years

pretty sure we all saw this coming

>paying 1000 bucks for a PHONE

>abandoning lightning
>wide touch sensitive chin
>new pricing category
>wall street journal

Literally fucking lies

I resell my previous get gayPhones right before new ones come out.

>You being not smart enough to handle it.

I have a 6s Plus 128GB right now in perfect condition, will probably sell for $500-600. I can get the new 8 when it comes out for like $400.

>You being dumb with your money

Nah that chink cited in the article is usually spot on.

Don't forget, there's a lot of prototypes being made at FoxConn and they are shipped back to the states for Apple. In the middle of those shipments some asshole gets a hold of some of them and leaks info.

i remember Steve raving about the wall street journal, maybe they have an insight of the company?

>You being dumb with your money
That's exactly what I'm implying

So you're calling yourself dumb?

Don't call me dumb because I know what I'm doing and have been doing the same without losing much money for the past 10 years.

I usually skip a generation nowadays, ie I didn't get the 7 PLus.

>Apple won't give up [thing]

where have i heard that one before

Look, you're still spending $500 for the phone with every upgrade.

also OLED colors fade in time, which forces you to buy new hardware. much better for manufacturers.

>needing financing for something that's only 1000 dollars

You really shouldn't be buying a 1000 dollar anything then.

lol what's with these stupid $1000+ starting rumors

>LCD pixels are always on. Also OLED is flexible and more energy efficient.

No, LCD is the backlight, TFT is the panel type and it's segments turn on when need be.

I'm not gonna lie, the 6S is god tier for anyone who wants a phone that >>>just werks

Less than that.
Every 2 years to be up with latest tech is not bad desu. I make plenty of money so not too worried.

It's those degenerates who buy every year who are poorfags but buy this shit that are idiots.

Is it that hard to believe?

Fair enough

No one keeps their phone more than 2 years nowadays.

>>OLED
>bad
wat?
PenTile-OLED is bad
RGB-Strype-OLED is ELDER-GOD-TIER

>Not taking advantage of cashback, extra warranty, buyer protection etc with Credit Cards

What an idiot.

$649 outright every year pretty much

but now suddenly $999 or some shit

Carriers won't just accept that pricing

>No one keeps their Android more than 2 years nowadays.
ftfy

It's apple, they do what they want

Last year they increased the price of the MacBook Pro by like $1000 over the previous, identically specced generation just because they can

>more than 2 year old android
>have to upgrade because it's unusable
>more than 2 year old iphone
>have to upgrade for hipster cred

pick your poison famalam

They have to make their money back cuz of all the money they spent on R&D.

2017 MacBook Pro will have a lower price and Kaby Lake.

"""Upgrading""" your iPhone usually means being three steps behind most Android phones LUL

Swami predicts... ommmmm...

Headphone jack back as well.

They have to get their money back in researching USB for phones, because it's not a well understood hardware protocol yet.

Not bad

Damn, I like the lightning connector.

kek

>No one keeps their phone more than 2 years nowadays.
I do, but then again I don't buy lagdroid shit anymore. Even when I did I soldiered on and dealt with the bad user experience for years at a time. People who upgrade yearly or more frequently than that make me sick—you dumb consumerist whores should do the research and buy something that will last, but instead you settle for chink shit which will end up in a landfill before mine's even out of service.
>mfw people here rag on Apple users while spending the same or more in total on their bottom-of-the-barrel garbage purchases anyway

kek, hope so

fucking this.

duh, but most of the dumb special snowflake college cunts here don't understand that

Don't forget Apple doesn't make that much money on Macs.

They make a shit ton on iPhones, though.

it isn't

no one follows the fucking specs. So many USB C cables are dodgy

none of these fucking quick charging shit each OEM is doing is to spec either

i blame normies

i knew things started going downhill when they changed their name from Apple Computer Inc. to Apple Inc.

>paying premium dollar for outdated technology

ebin

>Don't forget Apple doesn't make that much money on Macs.
Yes, but Macs are the basis for their entire ecosystem. The base models and those with minor upgrades are actually competitively priced if you take advantage of the student discount, cash back, etc.
>b-but I work in a factory and don't have an edu email address
>b-but I'm too stupid to wait 6 months for price drops and stacked sales
top heh

>it's outdated because I say so even though it performs better than 95% of the other phones on the market in muh raw benches and in real-world usage is second to none, also lasting many years beyond the competition
this is what lagdroid poorfags actually believe

I bet you don't even have an investment portfolio yet you're micromanaging your finances with lagdroid shit
>these niggers can't into priorities at all
top kek

>hasn't seen A10 SOC benchmarks
>thinks iphones are out dated

Awesome. I don't give a fuck about Apple, but at least this means that if the headphone jack does, USB C can become the truly universal audio port and accessories won't be divided between iPhone and everyone else. Also thought it was strange that the macs switched to USB C while the iPhone didn't, so you can't use a USB C to USB C cable to connect an iPhone to a Mac.

Nexus 5 32GB here.
Bought it Jan 2014, over 3 years ago. Did the G2 battery mod. I get over 5h SOT at 3/4 screen brightness. Still plenty fast, faster than my friends S6+. Not planning to upgrade anytime soon.

My Note 7 was infinitely better than this piece of shit 6s Plus I have now.

>ignores A10 cpu part in latest iphone

>my faulty phone that got recalled world wide is better than last years model iphone

>>OLED
>bad

get a load of this guy
S6/S7 have literally the best displays in the smartphone game right now. Nothing comes close.

>My Note 7 was infinitely better
>that's why I upgraded to an iPhone
given this, you're either lying or you're stupid

I think you are over evaluating your knowledge m8

>responding to obvious bait on Sup Forums
gooby pls

I bought a Note 7 three days before moving to China. I had to return the Note 7 and this rich Chinese girl I was seeing just bought me a 6s Plus.

ah okay
this story just gets more and more plausible

>iphone is the fastest phone currently out
>benchmarks suddenly don't matter

lmao

left: iPhone users
right: Android users

>things nobody said
>pls give me attention :(
The dude obliges.

ok retard

>muh benchmarks

in reality it's a piece of shit phone to use

if my thumb is slightly sweaty the fucking fingerprint scanner doesn't work

shit freezes on me almost everyday

can't quickly edit screenshots

the list goes on and on

>shit freezes on me almost everyday
I have the same phone and this doesn't happen to me... ever.

>the list goes on and on
>two things, one of which is bitching about screenshots
lol

>financing
>$1000 product
You shouldn't be buying a "luxury" product if you don't have a luxury bank account. The poorest of people always own iphones and buy it with finance plans with crazy interest rates. This is why poor people will stay poor, they suck with money.

>can't quickly edit screenshots
Use Photoshop on a desktop you fucking cuck.

The only bad thing about iOS is a lack of multisegmented and multithreaded FTP

>still using android
>get no updates
>nougat been out since august 2016
LMAO^
>ios gets worldwide same day release
>faster than android
>better ecosystem

>doesn't know left from right

iPhone users are the ones who've actually been statistically shown to be much more likely to take out a loan just to 'upgrade' their phone, usually within a year or two, if that, from their last one.

Fuck outta here.

You are joking right? Sociology majors all own a macbook. All STEM majors at my uni have a thinkpad or dell. Apple's base are idiotic humanities majors.

Anki is $25 on the app store, free for Android

it feels like a fucking toy in my hand

phone randomly restarts on its own sometimes

the list goes on and on

If someone asks me what to click then I want to be able to take a screenshot and quickly draw a circle to show them. The Note 7 gave me that and it was beautiful. I have to open an entirely new app and dick around with the awful tools on my iPhone

>iPhone users are the ones who've actually been statistically shown to be much more likely to take out a loan just to 'upgrade' their phone, usually within a year or two, if that, from their last one.
What happens when you factor out African Americans? heh

I live in a place which is wealthier than 98% of my state and everyone here
- is a physician, lawyer, banker, etc.
- is white or maybe a token Asian on occasion :^)
- jogs daily and is in excellent shape
- uses an iPhone

I feel sad for you if you have to live around a bunch of niggers who take out payday advance loans for last year's iPhone

>Wide sensitive touch chin

Sounds like theyre aiming for the leftist market

>t. iNigger

So you admit Apple is the black choice huh? Advertisers would like to keep that info on the down low.

>muh specific app costs money ergo apple sucks
k
>feels like a toy
build, f&f are worlds better than literally any Android phone I've ever used, including every major flagship
>more unfalsifiable and probably made-up nonsense about crashing/restarting

>the list goes on and on

that's Grosse Ile, MI btw
>look up demographics
>97% white
:^)

That picture is misleading.

They could be millionaires but dress frugally

No no no, you can buy the special Apple™ lightning to usb-c adapter for your connectivety needs! Now only $60!

The only blacks who use Android are the "nerd" types who are like 98 IQ and post youtube videos about their latest purchase

the power button and volume controls are direct opposites of each other. I always end up changing the volume when I want to press the power button

Apples Lightning cables are dogshit. One died on me after a few months

The screen is already scratching like crazy

I have to press the fucking home button for everything when I just had a back button on my Note 7

The list goes on and on

This iShit 6s Plus feels like a toy compared to the Note 7

>nerd
>two digit IQ

>the power button and volume controls are direct opposites of each other. I always end up changing the volume when I want to press the power button

>they're on opposite sides of the phone and you can distinctly feel two buttons on the left side and just one on the right, yet you still push buttons on the opposite side
something tells me you're just fucking retarded lol
just sell the iPhone and go buy the Android with the money and pocket the difference

I'm waiting for the Note 8 or something better. I have no idea why people buy this company's phones. My girlfriend bought an iPhone 7 on the first day and it feels and looks exactly like a 6s except for the weak home button that doesn't leave you satisfied.

Fucking cucks.

this is like when european retards talk about america's crime rate not realizing that it's just niggers in 3 major cities killing each other and when you factor this out our crime is the same as most decent euro countries

tl;dr: did you see any of the stats in this thread or no
>niggers bring down the average
in other news the sky is blue and OP is a faggot

>what are custom ROMs
My ""old"" S5 with CM13 runs well, why should I upgrade again?

I'm on the 6s waiting for the 8 desu, muh wireless charging
I got 99 problems but finding the buttons aint 1 nigger

>runs like dogshit within a month
>muh ROM musical chairs
enjoy your pajeetOS lmao
but seriously don't upgrade if you don't need to

Finding buttons isn't the problem. It feels like I have to hold the phone the "proper" way just to avoid accidentally changing the volume. The power button was lower on the Note 7, thus avoiding this issue.

The only good thing about this phone is that it's slightly less laggy then the Note 7. The Note 7 never froze on me though.

>Finding buttons isn't the problem. It feels like I have to hold the phone the "proper" way just to avoid accidentally changing the volume. The power button was lower on the Note 7, thus avoiding this issue.
do you by any chance have baby hands? maybe consider the iphone SE or the non-Plus 6s or something...

I've never heard of anyone having such a problem, it's simple muscle memory for me and I don't even think about it.
>freezing
bro, take it into the Apple store, you sound like you have hardware problems.

>bro, take it into the Apple store

Or I could just deal with this shit for a few more months and then never buy another Apple product ever again.

>Or I could just deal with this shit for a few more months and then never buy another Apple product ever again.
>too stupid even to find the volume button
>doesn't take advantage of excellent warranty/support
are you a nigger

No, I never wanted this phone but my girl was adamant and I had never owned an iPhone before.

Because someone smart enough to be a millionare would waste his/her time waiting for the release of a fucking phone on a street, right?

Right is smart phone users. Left is dumbphone users with a Thinkpad.

Well I'm giving you a hard time here because you seem to be whining and overselling a bit, but honestly if it is crashing like that it seems plausible to me that it's a hardware issue. You can just get it replaced and enjoy your phone.
>my girl
>Chinese
Cute? Pics?

Decent smart phones can be had today for less than a day of work at a burger flipper job, grandpa

1% sounds like an absolute fucking loser, a miserable piece of shit.

>Because someone smart enough to be a millionare would waste his/her time waiting for the release of a fucking phone on a street, right?
More like these are the kids of millionaires and/or people from SF who can afford to do this shit. You sound like you live in a (poorfag) bubble. Have you ever been to an extremely wealthy city for more than a few weeks at a time? These people do not live like most of us.

filthy,
dumb,
lower-class scum

>AMOLED meme
Where were you when samshit won?