Raspberry Pi Zero W

NEW RASPBERRY PI

Same as the $5 Raspberry Pi Zero, which will continue, the new $10 Raspberry Pi Zero W features built in 802.11n wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 using the same wireless combo chip from the Raspberry Pi 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1402
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1342
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1552
github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/553
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1444
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>5$ for that piece of shit chip
lmao no

Wouldn't it be better to buy one of the ones with a populated header, more memory, cpu for $20 more to sit on the shelf and do nothing?

Yet these BT/WLAN-related issues of the RPi3 are still unfixed:
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1402
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1342
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1552
github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/553
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1444

QUINTESSENTIALLY BRITISH

Not bad but it's always impossible to get them for that price.

all raspberry pis suffer from the same problem
so answer me

>WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT??????????

fact: 99.99999% of people who buy a raspberry pi never use it for anything and just leave it on their closet to gather dust

Just bought one.

your imagination is the limit :)

>raspberry pi zero
>can't actually buy it anywhere for $5
is this gonna be the same?

>>WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT??????????
if you have to ask you don't need one
you shouldn't even be in this thread

>what can i do with a computer, REEEEEE

It's more like what can you do with it that you can't do with your PC or smartphone?

I use my model 'b' rpi every single day, plenty of people get plenty of use out of them.

>plenty of people get plenty of use out of them.
not when you exclude the "LEL I MAED KODI/RETROPIE-BOKS!"-crowd

a non-answer

a non-answer

a non-answer

interesting, what exactly?

fucking this

This. It's gonna base the same as always.

I use mine as a low-power server for trivial things like controlling the lights and lurking IRC for muh sweet pt bonus points

I think you guys are just dumb kids who don't know shit about shit, go back to your cell phone/buildapc threads u lil fagets

Would buying the third version be worth it for hosting a server?

Would buy now that it was Bluetooth and wifi.

But where to actually cop them for $5? Cuz I would cop like 8 of em but not at 20$ marked up by resellers

>Hey Sup Forums any cool ideas for raspberry?

You're in the wrong place dude. Sup Forums doesn't know jack shit about electronics. Anything beyond plugging a graphics card into a pcie slot is well over the heads of the general populace.

Check out the /ohm/ general on /diy/ much better place for this.

You're part of the 1%, deal w/ it.

>But where to actually cop them for $5?

>the new $10 Raspberry Pi Zero W

Hmmm.

feels good lad

this
i fell for the meme .. tried some stuff with it.
It was too fucking slow. Couldnt do anything.
Gathered dust and then i sold this piece of SHIT.

just a few things i can think of:
>retro dev box
The tool chains for old platforms are stupid simple and apparently the raspberry can emulate a lot of old systems. write some atari or gameboy games
>custom dashboards for work
if you're not a piece of shit neet, you could get a big tv/monitor and hook one up to show build/production health, scm statistics whatever. you'd be a big hit with management and be a trendy hacker faggot too.
>simple audio modulator
I like guitar pedals, I bet you could to a ADC->pi->post-gain stage to make a good multi effects pedal. it could be cool to write your own software to modulate the digital signals.

I host a minecraft server on mine for my buddies and I. Sounds dumb but we occasionally play it.

>>retro dev box
>The tool chains for old platforms are stupid simple and apparently the raspberry can emulate a lot of old systems. write some atari or gameboy games
this is simply a lie

>custom dashboards for work
if you're not a piece of shit neet, you could get a big tv/monitor and hook one up to show build/production health, scm statistics whatever. you'd be a big hit with management and be a trendy hacker faggot too.
sounds good on paper but nobody does this and in the end it sounds like gay shit anyway

>simple audio modulator
I like guitar pedals, I bet you could to a ADC->pi->post-gain stage to make a good multi effects pedal. it could be cool to write your own software to modulate the digital signals.
doesn't work out of the box, and even with all the bells and whistles you have to buy you'll still end up with gay latency

Power requirements?

wow, running a program in a leenox-distro.
you're truly 1337.

Could I join?

>An obvious mistake
>Got his almonds activated

Wanna know how I know you're a low IQ nigger?

Add a Bluetooth remote and a miniHDMI adapter and it's the cheapest Kodi box you can buy, right?

...his post is completely unpretentious and yet you still felt the need to act like a dipshit

I hope you adjust your behavior by the time you turn 16, young man

i've written NES demos on a 1.5gz thin clients.

management doesn't care what sounds gay, they like pretty lights and colors

that's what the ADC would cover. you could not sample+process with the pi. i'm not doubting there wouldn't be latency but you would learn about embedded audio processing.

thanks, neo-Sup Forums

it's a really shit-tier kodi box, it can't software decode things so you're pretty limited

it's like using a low-end cell phone, there are videos which simply don't play properly

I use an old B to periodically measure internet speed and log it to see if my ISP is jewing me out of money. I also host a TOR node on it.

I also had a Minceraft server on it for a while, but it is too under powered for that.

So it's a 10$ Orange Pi Lite except with a worse processor and it's called a Raspberry pi? Wow, and like all the other Raspberry Pis it's never sold for the fucking price it's advertised, is it? Let's check out Pimoroni from their website... oh, £9.60, aka 11.9$. All the adapters needed for it to function and it's now £14

I'll take the shifty chinaman over these clowns thx.

I run two seperate music players on my Pi1 model B that can be controlled from two showers in my dorm. Because of their low energy requirements I can leave them on all day and splice the speaker amplifier into the light switch, so the music turns on as soon as you turn on the lights in the shower.

I got my zero for 4 bongs from thepihut.
They have the new zero w for 9.60 bongs, starter kits for like 15 bongs

>run a tor node
enjoy getting raided

on what grounds? and my country's LE isn't competent enough to notice i'm doing this anyway.

These would be a great way to create a wifi mesh on the cheap.

I actually want to run a home server with cloud shit and while I'm at it a seed server and shit.

It depends what kind of server my man, file server, the pi 3 is more than capable, but a transcoding Plex server, maybe not so much. I have my pi 2 running pi-hole and set as my dns server to block Chromecast ads and a VPN server and it hasn't had any problems beside the odd sd card corruption.

All the TV's at my school that display news for the day, weather for the week, upcoming events, etc run off a raspi.

Theoretically, however if you can actually get them for $10 they would be cheaper than a Chromecast for running a Plex front end, and you wouldn't have to deal with all the fuckery of the Chromecast, such as not being able to stream amazon content.

I bought 3 of them this morning you massive faggit.

>and people claimed, they were useless
maybe missing something, but, how is splicing an amp into the lightswitch 'controlling' a (permanently looping) Pi? Or, no - actually, I dont wanna know.

I actually want to buy a zero and try making a small snes/gens/vba handheld.

Where you shit stain? A Pi Zero on Adafruit is like 14 bucks shipped. Wasn't it supposedly meant to be $5?

There are SBC's that are cheaper than Raspberry.
Raspberry has fallen into Apple practices, namely paying premium for the name.

Only way for the to redeem themselves is to come up with a board where the NIC is 10/100/1000 and not sharing the USB bus

They're designed for embedded applications. Rule number 1 of embedded development is to match your components with your requirements. It's stupid and pointless to get components that exceed the requirements for your project.

If you're using a RPi Zero as a general purpose PC where all you care about is m-muh power, then you have bigger problems.

>>retro dev box
>The tool chains for old platforms are stupid simple and apparently the raspberry can emulate a lot of old systems. write some atari or gameboy games

That's retarded. It's just normal C/Assembly dev, you can do that on any PC. Why would you buy a separate PC just for that? Are you an idiot?

like what?