How do I bypass this Sup Forums? My college have blocked Androids and iOS devices from accessing the network...

How do I bypass this Sup Forums? My college have blocked Androids and iOS devices from accessing the network, but Laptops can connect just fine. How can I get around this?

Is there a way to spoof my phone as a Windows device so it lets me in?

Useragent.

You're leaking metadata and you don't even know.

Sup Forums is dead

by using your ISPs data instead of the wifi you dumb SHIT

This. Spoof it.

Change your mac address you retarded piece of shit. Then promptly fucking kill yourself

I looked this up and it seems to be regarding browsers. I'll just make it clear I can connect but there is 0 network access whatsoever. This is a message that pops up as soon as I connect.

It filters your MAC address. I have no idea how to bypass that with a phone.

>root phone
>open terminal emulator
>su
>sysctl vm.laptop_mode=1

Now they'll think your phone is a laptop

If only it were possibly to spoof the MAC address...

It impossible to find. If only we had some website that index websites so you can search for keywords.

Good idea. I'll make the logo.

EDIT: Done. I'll call the search website G because it'll be easy to remember and it's a tribute to this board.

Stupid idea when you just can go to Sup Forums and let you spoonfeed.

>powered by cisco meraki
Just searched it and here's some documentation on how they identify clients. I think the first guy is right and they're doing it via user agent. These auto HTTP links open in the "Google" app (which says it's powered by chrome) so you'll have to root your phone and change the user agent string on that. Either that or find a way to get the auto HTTP link to open in dolphin, which allows you to change your useragent string freely without rooting.

Do you even read the thread? Fucking hell.

Yes? He hasn't tried this you retard.

its a fucking macfilter. idiot.

OP here, are windows MAC addresses distinctive from android MAC addresses? If not how do they tell what kind of device I'm on just by looking at the MAC address?

Either way I'll try everything when I get back

same here i visit some public goverment building connect into some open wifi but always reject my phone, tablet and laptop werks though.

Oh my fucking god. Go and google what a mac address is and what it defines you dense cunt.

Neo-Sup Forums everyone. Why the fuck am I even still here?

Look at the taskbar at the top of OP's image though. If it was google app it would be blue giving a URL and other options. It's just grey with the options ok and "cancel.

spoof user agent and mac address, not sure if you have enough control over your iphone to do this

All I'm asking is if they can tell a computer from a phone by using the MAC address. Google tells me MAC addresses can identify the manufacturer, but not the device type. If they're filtering by MAC addresses how are they differentiating laptops from phones? That's all I want to know.

google is wrong

don't trust google trust Sup Forums.

try rooting your phone and installing gentoo, the internet will identify the MAC adress as a desktop one since Gentoo is for desktop but is also compatible with mobile

You shouldn't trust Google though, most of us here have taken CS degrees, Google is just a fucking botnet.

vpn

OP, you should follow advice, he knows his shit

hotspotshield

tor

etc