Serious question: We all know that one of Donald Trump's plans is to build a wall across the U.S-Mexican border...

Serious question: We all know that one of Donald Trump's plans is to build a wall across the U.S-Mexican border. The obvious problem here is that building such a wall would be a very expensive feat.
Trump says that he would make Mexico pay for it.Is this really possible? If/when he gets elected, how is he going to force Mexico to pay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFhGHDdM-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mexico wants the wall too. Just nobody from US said they would be cool with them building it yet. They are waiting out of courtesy.

But how do you know that they want a wall? Even more, why would they be eager to cover 100% of the costs?

Trump is clearly planning on using force to make Mexico pay for it. Not military force, but he might be inclined to do sanctions.

Nice trips
Well serious answer, it would be hypocritcal from us to not wanting a wall, many mexicans want one in our southern border. And with forcing us to pay for Trump´s wall I don´t see it happening yes your military is scary as fuck but the average mexican and our goverment just doesn´t give a fuck, in our minds there is no way for you to force us.
>inb4 The US army
Yes right now we don´t care about them, I mean memes and chicanos aside our militaries have been in good relations of cooperation, that includes the leaf´s army ass well. Why destroy everything? Just for the chicanos? We don´t want them either but come on.

There's some chart outlining how expensive it would be and, apparently, it's only a fraction of the amount we spend on excessive social programs like the welfare state. Not sure how valid the chart was but it had sources so I'm inclined to believe it.

Why would they want a wall? Furthermore, even if they did want it, do you think an economically devastated government like Mexico would be willing to put forth any money, let alone pay for the whole thing? Honestly I think that's one of Trump's many empty promises.

Serious question: how does Western Sahara pay for all these walls?

The Ming Dynasty built the wall in China.
They paid a lot of money for the work. It's one of reasons that the Ming collapsed.

You raise a fair point. I think that Trump will use sanctions/economic pressure instead of military force.

We all know that the U.S could easily invade Mexico and make it the 51st state. But that would be incredibly costly and if we're gonna do that, we may as well pay for the wall ourselves. However, if we threaten to cut some economic ties, then surely the Mexican government will have to bend to our will and sacrifice a bit of dinero to pay for a wall as opposed to sacrificing its largest trading partner.

He's an idiot. He thinks that our borders are completely open and anybody can cross but the fact is that border control is some of the most strictest in the world and very few people make it these days. Not to mention that self deportation is on the rise and all the illegals currently in america have been here for at least 20 years

This You may not like it, neither do us but our economies are way to tight togheter

Mexico gains no benefit from the wall. It would severely hamper commerce.

We should pay for everybody's healthcare
>Great idea! It's about time
We should build a wall
>Whoa, do you have any idea how expensive that will be?

Why do you think anybody cares about your opinion? Serious question. I'm not going to read several paragraphs of commentary from some Mexican who doesn't understand that Trump doesn't mean a thing he says.

Why should Mexico pay for the actions of people who expressly do not want to be Mexican?

Could the president even build a wall if Congress is against it? Considering how many Republicans Trump has alienated, I think Congress could probably get the 2/3 majority needed to overturn an executive order from the president, if Trump tried to bypass Congress and use an executive order to build it.

Let's just build a wall against Central America and turn Mexico into an officially bilingual buffer state.

Mexico is already pretty multilingual. They have no official language at the federal level, but recognize 68 non Spanish languages.

I'm saying, in nice terms, let's colonize Mexico and make it two-sided by letting people from Mexican territories also settle in the US

American immigration into Mexico would lead to new investment and development, and Mexican territory would benefit greatly from American money and institutions.

>trump is not retarded he is just pretending

pretty scared.
Mom works in a american company here in tijuana

Just a office job

One of the towns where our independence movement began is literally an american town now.
It´s very nice

>Mexico wants the wall too
que?

Economic sanctions is how he would try to force us to pay for the wall. As others have stated here and on Sup Forums, the average mexican do not give a damn about that (the ones chimping out like niggers are the ones who got BTFO when he said: "oh yeah assholes, no more money from illegals will be flowing into your pockets, fuck off"). Also, many people here aren't fond of chicanos (instead of deporting the 11 million, do a favor to the world and get rid of them, we already have enough "cholo" shit here.

yup they sure are some nice "walls"

I like how libshits all of a sudden care about economics when it comes to building a wall but not when it comes to healthcare and """free""" college

Mexico is probably one of the few countries that the US couldn't just steamroll over simply because there are 120 million Mexicans, it's an industrialized country and fighting an insurgency of 120 million would prove to be completely economically unviable. We wouldn't risk cutting trade with Mexico either over a simple wall. US-Mexico trade is more than $1 trillion per year. Cutting that would literally cause another recession.

you've been fed a steady diet of liberal propaganda. It will be paid for by confiscating remittances paid by illegals to Mexico and it won't be that expensive

>because there are 120 million Mexicans,
not to mention the 36 million(me included) in the U.S. who would get all butthurt if the U.S. used any kind of major military force against Mexico

>morocco-mauritania

>in our minds there is no way for you to force us
we'll crash your economy if you don't. your leaders are cucks and will absolutely pay for, especially if we give them a way to save face

>confiscating remittances paid by illegals to Mexico
they still do this?

it isn't like we want them, it's just that we couldn't care less (it would be another shitty thing added onto a long and sad list of shitty things, thanks to our mentality of "if i do stupid things i can be rich if i cross the border" and the government). Also, in a way, it would prevent more degenerates from coming into US and do stupid things like in the "peaceful manifestations" in california... Some might say: we were here first and "we wuz aztec n shiieeet" but when you look at facts it's fucking stupid...

So if you're equating those two, you are admitting that the wall (& increased tariffs) is bad for the economy, right?

i don't know what you're implying

We have a trade deficit with Mexico at an almost 1:3 margin. We'd actually be more affected with a trade embargo than the average Mexican would.

>cuck cuck cuck
Anyways, the US has a lot of manufacturing in Mexico. If we decided to crash their economy out of malice, it would hurt us too.

>Questioning someone's unusual plan to build a massive wall

>UVE BEEN FED DA LIBRUHL PROAGAANDADAAA!

Dude shut up. I'm not even a liberal and I get sick of people shouting out that word every 27 seconds

Your picture is not one of the walls from the map.

>we wuz aztec n shiieeet
that's stupid. we aren't all descended from the Mexica.
also

>ancient Aztec homeland in the north
>not siberia

It's the Polisario wall you dumbfuck

i would think this

>a trade embargo
lol who said trade embargo? tax/suspend remittance payments and that would pay for it. or place tariffs on mexican products. us has all the leverage, especially because we have a diversified economy and other large trade partners and could weather any pushback from mexico

Nobody will build any wall, stop believing crap from politicians, less from a showman.

wat? how is it not?

Taxing wire transfers between the US and Mexico is the largest source.

it is stupid, but what it is far more stupid is people defending that shit because "evil european, bad european", despite they being catholics or christians and speaking spanish, fucking stupid...

This. Though that would mostly just hurt American companies. About 2/3rds of foreign manufacturing in Mexico now comes from Asian and European sources, and manufacturing in Mexico currently has more job demand than worker supply. It's gotten to the point where companies like Audi and Kia can't even find enough workers in their respective fields and have to pay to get a bunch of random employees and train them for their trade. If US firms cut manufacturing it wouldn't be hard for Mexican workers to find work with Euro, Asian or even Mexican companies.

this.
the "wall" will be Trumps version of Obama's plan to shut down the Guantanamo bay prison

>uestioning someone's unusual plan to build a massive wall
it's only unusual to you because MSNBC tells you it is. this isn't Trump's idea, it has been around for many many years and is COMPLETELY feasible despite what liberals say.
> I'm not even a liberal and I get sick of people shouting out that word every 27 seconds
yet you sound like a retarded fucking liberal. no logic, just emotion

I need to ask you something
Is it safe around "Centro Comercial la Gran Via" in San Salvador?

but he's not a politician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah wall will never happen tho, even when he's prez

Yes, I go there very often.

Mauritania is not Western Sahara.

Fuck off. All your family will have to go back, just deal with it Mara. You better start looking for a job once you're free from jail

But Trump is good at running waterfront properties into the ground :^)

People assume he's going to be a supreme dictator that will do what ever he wants but forget that congress and the judicial branch exist

Do you even know what liberal means?

>but he's not a politician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>tfw you know people who are voting for Trump specifically because of that
Someone just kill me desu

>yet you sound like a retarded fucking liberal. no logic, just emotion
Oh lord the irony in your comment. Please spare yourself from further embarrassment.

shieeeeet

BUILD THE WALL JOSE

Can they in any way remove a president from office?
What would it take for a US president to be removed?

but it does border it.

but you haven't answered my question, how is the Polisario wall not the wall from your graph?

I don't know much about American politics but wouldn't the president have to get Senate authority before doing something like this?

>Can they in any way remove a president from office?
yes

>What would it take for a US president to be removed?
little shit. like recordings and cheating on your wife.

Return our P-47s
If you are going to be rude, return our gift

Look at the map again. It shows the Morocco-Western Sahara walls. My comment was even about Western Sahara.

>Could the president even build a wall if Congress is against it?
Congress signed a bill to build a wall in 2005, Trump could write up an executive order to force work to get started on it his first day in office

>a flip ordering Mexicans around
bitch you are just shorter, poorer Mexicans,
your whole country is like the shit parts of Mexico

He can do an executive order which overrides anything

>b-b-but...memes

and the Polisario wall is in western Sahara.

>Oh lord the irony in your comment. Please spare yourself from further embarrassment.
i know you're probably like, what, 16? I don't get embarrassed easily. especially when libtards like you refuse to counter any argument because you both a) have none and b) don't understand what the other side is saying.

i'd say nice try but shit, you really just sounded dumb

>He can do an executive order which overrides anything
yeah but you forget that every single time ANY president has ever used an executive order half the country gets butthurt

yeah, that's fine

>Can they in any way remove a president from office?
Yes indeed.
>What would it take for a US president to be removed?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#United_States

True, but it's Donald Trump we are talking about

Congress can override an executive order if 2/3rds of congress disagree. The executive doesn't have limitless power.

Mexico = New Spain
Central America = New Spain
Philippines = New Spain

But

New Spain ≠ Mexico
Mexico was a kingdom in the hispanic monarchy the same with the kingdom of Guatemala.

so more than half the country?

Theyre also subject to judicial review and only affect the executive branch.

Yea, but that's not the point. The point was that he doesn't care.

You forgot about Cuba.

I know the rest, mate. But memes. Besides, it was all controled from Mexico City anyway.

hey would el salvador and other central american nations ever think about joining Mexico? don't mean to offend but it's not like you guys have big national identities.

pinche mexico wey, putos tacos, ijole al chile

>inb4 an edgy Mexican reply

>The point was that he doesn't care.
he sees like he'd be a shitty prez.

>tfw never experienced FDR fireside chats

Then how the fuck did Mauritania get into the filename?

*an edgy Mexican reply*

>i know you're probably like, what, 16? I don't get embarrassed easily. especially when libtards like you refuse to counter any argument because you both a) have none and b) don't understand what the other side is saying.

Oh lord, now he thinks he has special powers. What's wrong, dude? Are you having some troubles in your life? Anything personal you'd like to share with us? You seem rather insecure, and I'm curious as to what is causing it. Seriously, I'm here. I'll listen to you.

>why would we ever want any of those shitholes to be a part of us
>build south wall

no

Honestly i don't that will be a good idea
>Oh damn we have a cartel problem
>O-o-oh damnn now we have maras and more poor people

it's not a "too far out there" question is it? they were once part of Mexico and New Spain. if Mexico gets as powerful in 50-70 years as many predict, would they object to an EU type union?

>un mensaje para donal tronks

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFhGHDdM-g

We want them back, but not just right now

What? People are seriously entertaining the wall meme ?

Its completely unfeasible. the US-Mexican border is 2000 fucking miles long, if you're looking for a good comparison, look up the material cost of the Berlin Wall and then remember that it covered a length less than a twentieth of the size.
Then remember that mexico would not have the fucking money to pay for it.
Then remember that the number of illegal immigrants crossing the border on foot with a gallon of water is fucking miniscule compared to number that enter on planes or boats, or through otherwise legal means and over stays their welcome.

The only surefire way to keep the fucking hispanics in their god damned holes is to make their holes liveable and to do that we either have to expect them to improve on their own (ha) or colonize them and do it for them.

Trumps wall is a hilarious meme but it's just that, a meme.

Nope. A 2/3 majority in Congress can overturn it, and I think the Supreme Court can too. The duty of the executive branch is technically to enforce laws, not pass them. The only reason people think the president has so much power is because they're the leader of their party as well, which gives them more influence over how their party votes in Congress.