Does Windows 7 have any advantages over Windows 10? I'm thinking about switching

Does Windows 7 have any advantages over Windows 10? I'm thinking about switching.

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/213183-once-more-with-tracking-microsoft-backports-privacy-invading-windows-10-features-to-windows-7-8
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard
youtube.com/watch?v=XBq-FFM5VhM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Memes aside...
You can decide whether or not to install updates.
It doesn't connect to the internet behind your back.
It doesn't recommend you "apps" to install.
It doesn't shove advertisements in your face.
It has a much more consistent interface.

install minix fag

Install Gentoo

Install Mugi.

I already have her installed

Mugi a cute

She's better than Maki in my opinion.

Yes. It's an actual personal desktop PC OS instead of a chaotic, automated, cloud, telemetry infested monstrosity.

The user interface is different. Most of the malicious stuff is backported.

extremetech.com/computing/213183-once-more-with-tracking-microsoft-backports-privacy-invading-windows-10-features-to-windows-7-8

Be a man and install Linux

can't backport if you don't update :^)

Wouldn't have replied if it didn't specifically mention bath/shower

"THICC"

THICC

"T H I C C"

Ubuntu and openSUSE don't have this problem.

OP it is a giant fucking mess if you play video games.

I regret doing it.

Just duel boot, when you want to game, use 7. When browsing use ubuntu

THICC

>duel boot

and what about debian, gentoo, redhat, fedora, arch, manjaro, void, pclinuxos and slackware?

With the exception of fedora/redhat, they're not backed by an actual company with paid workers. So, they're not a hobbyists OS and can actually compete with Microsoft. Basically they just work out of the box much better than most other distros.

Literally all of them you can disable and I in fact did. Also disabled telemetry so Microsoft doesn't receive data from me. So many idiot cucks screaming that Windows 10 sucks. It's pretty good and I like it.

Same. There's a program called DWS that does it for you as well if you are really lazy. It can also remove most metro apps for you.

THICC
H
I
C
C

I use donotspy10.

Systemd...

Your user profile doesn't get corrupted after an update.
Your DHCP doesn't stop working after an update.
Your OS doesn't corrupt if the power goes out.
You can pick and choose updates.
It doesn't spy on you as much.
It doesn't connect to the internet behind your back.
It doesn't recommend you "apps" to install.
It doesn't shove advertisements in your face.
It has a much more consistent interface.

Those programs don't actually remove the telemetry shit.

They don't remove them..... They simply prevent them from working as intended. Which is good enough.

>he blindly installs every update
>he hasn't memorized the list of telemetry-enabling updates
Looks like Windows 10 was meant for you. It's less complicated without you having to decide whether to install an update or not.

T H I C C

>dual boots
kek

T H I C C

THICC

T H I C C

thicc

No. Windows 7 is depreciated and belongs in the garbage.

Now I really wanna cuddle with her but know I never will be able to please just end me

I know that feel, user.

T H I C C

THICC

Some really old games that require DirectDraw to function don't work in 8+.

KB971033
KB2902907
KB2952664
KB2976978
KB2990214
KB3021917
KB3035583
KB3046480
KB3050265
KB3065987
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3080149

Hide those in Windows Update. Which you can do. Because updates aren't forced like Winderp Ten.

I was enthusiastic about this until they compared it to DOSBox. I have terrible memories of DOSBox and seek to avoid it as much as possible. Why would I want to do this for every game?

Wrong. I play Thief: The Dark Project. The menus are all DirectDraw as well as most of the HUD. Everything working perfectly for me in 8.1. DirectDraw not working is a meme.

but i need a fucking integrated gpu
and we know FX / Ryzen ain't got time for that

especially those cheap used 8 core sandy meme xeons

There's some kind of emulation scheme that works sometimes. It's kind of case by case shit, Duel Savior for example will not work and I don't think there's any way to fix it in versions newer than 7.

UI that isn't 2 different UIs slapped together with hotglue, both of which are broken
Telemetry is backported, but it's way easier to remove (just a couple of updates)
Font rendering doesn't suck
Comfier DESU IMHO

I used 7 since launch, then 8.1 since launch, then 10 since launch. After 6 months with 10 I gave up and upgraded to 7. I'm glad I made that decision.

>DESU
pretty sure I typed DESU

I think I'm going to have to jump in. It's the dx12 man. New kaby lake build, there are other things people report after shoehorning 7 into kaby, which I actually just did, but the dx12 is the kicker. It's for games.

t b h
4chen pls

No compatibilities issues.
No resource hog.

Point and laugh at the new guy.
Penis buttsex vagina, let's eat peanut butter and niggers.

Enjoy your botnet and losing your hentai game collection.

If decide to use 7, you can avoid some telemetry and botnet stuff by going with WES7.

WES7 summary copypasta:
-Based off Windows 7
-Support ends in 2021 instead of 2020
-You can select components you want to install. Including removing IE.
-Embedded Features such as no GUI boot, RAMDisk driver, ability to be installed and booted from external HDD and write filters.
-Volume_BA channel, insert key and you are done. No activation.
-Enterprise features such as Applocker available in Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate
-Keyboard Filter* through group policy that allows you to disable keyboard keys/key combinations.
-Updates are on separate channel, does not install dedicated telemetry updates.**
**Do contain Quality Rollups though. Advice to either disable Update and use write filters:EWF(HORM)/FBWF or manually download the security only updates from windows catalog.
*Requires WEDU1.2 to download the update, and use DISM to add the package.
-Links:
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part1.exe
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part2.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part3.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part4.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part5.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part6.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part7.rar

Google "XGY72" for PID.

Bill gates is a jew and soros to. That makes you a childfucker enabler? Is that what you want? Being a pawn of the jewish agenda?

I dont really use an OS.

Well, it's time to watch Fox News, the only company you can trust to not be controlled by Jews.

Mugi is the best girl.

I have a desire to masturbate to her eyebrows.

Please no bulli :((
Disscuss points in

> I'm thinking about switching.

Let me put it that way, as Windows 7 user for 6 years and currently having both 7 and 10 on desktop at home and 10 at work.

If you need to do clean install on new hardware and dont want to deal with sysprep function and such - install 10.

If you have working 7, everything works and such - keep 7.

Simple as that.

Win 10 is more like different than better/worse but dont really have too much advantage over 7, aside from future support both from MS side and software devs. Small things like build-in ISO mounting are not really worth switching. If you are playing games, DX12 titles are still small in number and it will be a long time until they become more frequent. Or not, since a lot of people sit on 7 and thus devs cant produce games that will only run on like 20% of operating systems.

Win 10 can still be debloated with PowerShell scripts, Group Policies allows you to configure it pretty nicely unless you use Home (seriously, dont get Home, ever). Enterprise is way to go and if you are student, you can get tweaked Enterprise called Education that not only have Cortana removed and blocked third party ads but those cant be enabled back at all.

Aside from that, even MS tells you how to shut down communications with their servers. All you need is read Technet.

tldr: Win 10 require more work (think 1-2 hours) with configuring/debloating than 7 and the only advantage it have is future support, but its not actually worse than 7. No reason to switch if you have 7 already, no reason not to install, if you dont have any Windows installed yet.

Hope that helps.

Oh and 7 looks better. Aero still the best.

I have done this on my Surface Pro but the fact remains that in order to stop most privacy issues you have to remove Cortana, IE (or however it is called now) and the ability of Metro apps to connect to the internet. What remains is a functional OS but
1. You have to constantly monitor that updates do not turn on said features.
2. There is no way to remove the features from the UI and you are constantly made aware those features are turned off.
It is a pain in the ass.
Windows 7 is the last good OS from M$.

T H I C C

S..Sauce?

Kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon

T H I C C

T H I C C

Doesn't windows bundle updates now? I have only 3 updates installed on 7.

Question guys.

I have W10 Single Language on my laptop and I want to upgrade to Enterprise LTSB 2015 because I'm fucking tired of all these processes and marking networks as metered to avoid updates. Is there any way to upgrade without losing my installed programs and stuff? I really don't feel like reinstalling everything again,

T H I C C

"THICC"

Better waifu
youtube.com/watch?v=XBq-FFM5VhM

flavor of the month SoL-moeshit

Yes.
You'll need to change some registry entries which contain an OS name and an edition. Installer checks them and acts accordingly. If you change them, you'll be able to "renew" your SL to LTSB.
Registry folders are
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
Values on my LTSB N 2016 are:
CompositionEditionID: EnterpriseSN
EditionID: EnterpriseSN
ProductName: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

If you want LTSB non-N 2015, you need to ask somebody else.

"T H I C C"

Thanks based user. Does this remove the apps and all that stuff or do I have to do it manually?

"T H I C C"

THICC

"THICC"

THICC

i used dws, but now my pc is sending and receiving kb like crazy, even if system is iddle
wtf

Can I change the system language on Win 10 LTSB?

>Also disabled telemetry so Microsoft doesn't receive data from me.
please link the guide / tell us what you did

looks like is nvidia, will have to disable manually

no windows store or any other mobile device bullshit

It's fun.

if you're autistic

Basically this. Would have been better if they cleaned the mango up like pic related before adapting it into an animuh.

Obviously not?

wtf I love win 7 now

Please watch maid dragon for Kanna's perfect thighs, /ll/ shenanigans, and /ss/ shenanigans involving azthick lady there. I guarantee you'll love it.

THICC

Plenty.

I don't worry that they will be turned on. They simply aren't. I've checked multiple times. The only message I get is that onedrive is disabled, nothing else.

I used donotspy10.

THICC

And that's how it was ruined with all the almost pedo stuff.

my.mixtape.moe/rltekm.WEBM

get out normalfag

get out pedof- err I mean loli connoisseur