Why do people like using their IRL names as their alias nowadays...

Why do people like using their IRL names as their alias nowadays? Back in the day it was dangerous to give out your info like that.

anime thread?

Because the internet is full of normies nowadays

>Why do people like using their IRL names as their alias nowadays?
Because I'm 30 now and not 12 anymore.

>Back in the day it was dangerous to give out your info like that.
I'm not 12 anymore.

Yes it seems that way user

Because Google went and created g+. Now everyone uses real names for YouTube user names and other similar accounts linked into social media. That's another thing. Everyone is used to Facebook so rather than go by "pussy destroyer 69" sites just default to "Chad Smith" and people don't care, so long as they can look at tiddies and cats.

>weebshit

This to bh.

Because the purpose of the internet has changed

It used to be exploration and learning, where you wanted to keep a certain degree of anonymity. Now, it's about sharing what you had for lunch with your 10 snapchat followers, and for that it's absolutely necessary to have your real name.

> (OP)
>>Why do people like using their IRL names as their alias nowadays?
>Because I'm 30 now and not 12 anymore.
>>Back in the day it was dangerous to give out your info like that.
>I'm not 12 anymore.
Actually, in some scams, being older makes it worse.

the chuuni phase used to help kids keep their personal info safe
>demon name
>666 years old
>born in hell
>talk about random shit they never did irl, saying they did
>look it up
>can't find anything/find someone else

Better way to control people. You're a lot more careful what you write when it's in your own name and not hidden behind a pseudonym. I can call you a shit eating curry nigger faggot all I want on Sup Forums but if it instead were done on Facebook I'd get in trouble for doing it.

>using jewbook in the 1st place
no you're the true shit eating curry nigger faggot

Why do people still post Maki? Aquors is better, gtfo

If I want to socialize in media that is not pop culture forum, real name.

If I want to socialize in entertainment places, like game-related forums, youtube, etc, nickname.
The government knows everything about you anyways, what difference it will make having a fake nickname?

>tfw your edgy 10 year old youtube username was automatically linked to your g+ account
Th-th-thanks

details now

They're either ignorant of the dangers, or too stupid to care.

>Back in the day it was dangerous to give out your info like that.

It still is. And in today's world, it's even more dangerous with advertisers profiling you, LEOs and hackers using your public info to gain/reset passwords, and the fact that anything you say on the internet is there forever. That means your political views are there forever, allowing you to easily be shunned by society when the political climate changes away from your worldview.

>They're either ignorant of the dangers, or too stupid to care.

It is most common that this kind of people uses it on Social Media or YouTube.
That turns easier for their friends to find them, I don't see a problem with it.
A hacker can find anything about you even if you try to use a nickname, it is just a bit more of effort in their hacking.
The only way nowdays to not get hacked or spied by government is just to isolate yourself from society

>putting in your actual name, address, birthdate, and gender in your account profile to a forum website that you'll probably post in once

WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS DO THIS

Mostly Github non-binary retards looking for webdev job, you shouldn't bother with it.
Stay anonymous and use tor for powning scrubs that deserve it.

Yeah I don't have any of that social media garbage user

>namefagging "anti weeaboo"

MAKI!!!!

>tfw your mom did your college applications and the only username she knows is the email account from when I was 7 years old
>now people see my retarded gamer name any time I want to print something