I'm an 18 year old loser who has no idea what he wants to do with his life and i'll soon be going to college to learn...

i'm an 18 year old loser who has no idea what he wants to do with his life and i'll soon be going to college to learn all about this computer funstuff i don't know shit about because my mommy wants me to get an education so i just randomly chose this
did i make a huge mistake

Install Linux and you're exactly like 99% of the people on this board.

Yes, you made a big mistake.
If you're not a third world shitter you won't be getting a job in computer anything.

Just drop out and learn a trade.

>did i make a huge mistake
Yes. However, compared to visiting this website, it isn't by far the worst decision you have made.

If you don't know what you want to do just join the military, you'll find yourself there.

Fucking THIS
I'm 28 and I regret every day not joining the military.

thanks army career center

anyway its ok OP. Not many people know what they want to do with 18. Learn what you want to learn and try to think off ways on how to make a living for yourself in the future - however that maybe.

Do not fall for this meme where people tell you that you will learn X with 18 or 20 and you do X for the rest of your life.

Simply doesnt happen.

use your education as a foundation or basis for whatever you can apply to and dont be afraid to learn something new in a few years when you want to.

Learning isnt something you do when you are young its what you do throughout your life until you are dead because learning something new is always fun.

>become a welfare queen over-entitled cunt with invisible mental damage that prevents him from reintegrating back into society

>you'll find yourself there
but you may lose your legs, arms, or head, tho.

don't go to college, its just debt, have fun learning about pepe the racist altright mascot from someone earning your money

military is a great choice, so is being a rent-a-coder or network certified technician/tech support

good to know, i'll fit right in then

well it just so happens i am a third world shitter
i don't live in the shithole i was born in anymore though

b-but mommy always said i could be anything i wanted but she would disown me if i ever joined the army

college education is almost free where i'm at so debt is not a problem

thanks for the advice user, i appreciate it
i wish i could just find my path right away so i don't waste years of my life doing something i'll end up quitting half-way again but oh well, i guess we'll see how things turn out
also honestly i'm terribly autistic so i thought about doing this since it's the only career i can think of where i could possibly end up working from home and never go out ever again
pretty stupid and unrealistic goal, i know

Major in Finance. Compsci is pointless

>Finance
lol, useless garbage

Medicine FTW, but if you're too stupid, computer stuff is fine as well.

First Sup Forums protip: It's not called "Linux". It's called GNU/Linux.

Now then, I assume you've decided to enroll in compsci. If this is the case, it's mostly math and programming.

So, get gud with math, get gud with programming, and you'll be smooth sailing.

Consider taking IT instead though, seriously.

How hot is your mommy? Post pics

i thought about being a vet but i'm definitely way too dumb for that

i'll look into it user

NO
i'll say that people always think she's my sister and not my mom though

t. moneylet

Why do you say IT? That was my first consideration but I eventually chose CS as I enjoy programing more than anything else.

There is no wasting your life if you're learning stuff. It's not about the piece of paper user, it's about your own development as a sentient being.

>i'll say that people always think she's my sister and not my mom though
Are you doing this on purpose?

Yes, but you can change your major to something you're interested in.

My advice: take English classes. Your run-on sentences are terrible.

Military service != going to war
Or is that always the case in the US? I wouldn't know.