I'm using Firefox and it seems to be a bloated cadaver. Where should I go now? I won't install chrome...

I'm using Firefox and it seems to be a bloated cadaver. Where should I go now? I won't install chrome, so I don't know where to go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u0hYIRQRiws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stay with firefox

>I won't install chrome

Then you better kiss and make up with Firefox or buy a Mac. Everything else is based on one of the two.

also you already made a vivaldi shilling thread

So, there are only Firefox or Chrome?

I'm looking at that thread right now, not that OP neither I know shit about Vivaldi

Vivaldi
I
V
A
L
D
I

I recently switched over to Chrome, I enjoyed playing around with some CSS shit and ricing Firefox out but for day to day use I can't justify using Firefox anymore given how stagnant it is. You could try to run from the botnet, but reality is that you aren't safe as long as you are connected to the internet.

I've been in the vivaldi thread and doesn't seem like a good option.

Even ignoring the fact that Chrome is botnet, it also seems to use a lot of ram, so is also a bad option.

In what fucking universe do you live?

Opera is neither

Chromium
others like:
>Opera
Are chromium forks

So fucking a girl makes you gay beacuse of "forks"?

Are you a metaphysics?

Opera is literally just Chrome with a different UI, you tech-illiterate retard.

Then its not literally Chrome you cocksucker.

Learn language before berating me.

Retard

Firefox Nightly.

Try out Qupzilla, active development, has more features than you would think, Integrated adblock and doesn't use half the memory of firecucks or chrome.

>He can't even move his fucking home button
Chromecucks literally give up all control

Firefox is nigh fucking unusable. Constant freezing & locking up, inexplicable CPU spikes, "Plugin container has stopped working". I don't use Chrome anymore because fuck Google, but I never had ANY of these problems with Chrome.

FIREFOX IS A PILE OF FUCKING SHIT

Stop being faggots and run Chrome. What? Do you run an illegal trafficking ring through the Venezuellan border and you care?

What addons do you have installed, and are you using a 64 bit build? You might have a PEBKAC issue.

Sounds like user error.

Ever tried resetting your profile? Or disabling some add-ons? You know what, next time you start Firefox hold down the shift button. This starts Firefox in "safe-mode". It disables all add-ons (until next normal start). If that fixes the problems, you know it is one (or more) of your plugins.

>Nothing to hide, nothing to fear
That argument is deprecated by facts. But I don't even use Firefox because of privacy, I use it because of extensibility.

just because you have a buggy computer, my guess is a homebuild !supersystem! aka shitel. This is not a browsers fail

Chrome is not even that dangerous. Run a fucking sniffer and see. Firefox is literally the same "botnet" in terms of connections being done (if the privacy settings are on both are on autistic modes).
Truth be told ALL browsers nowadays "call home" but they are not calling their "browser" come, the fucking sites themselves do it.
The real enemy is not the browser of google, is the fucking website of google.

Jokes on you chumps I have the exact same issues on my lappy top and I don't have any addons or plugins on that sucker whatsoever. Firefox is just that shit. Not a Google shill

This. All browsers with their privacy settings on off are almost identical on calling home. It's the google website itself that calls home.

I don't have those issues. So it is evidently NOT firefox's fault.

>can't get enough BUGS!
It's not him, it truly is CRAP!!
>real enemy is not the browser of google, is the fucking website of google
Nice rationalizing

This.

Leave the Internet and never come back.

>>I use Firefox because of extensibility
>But Chrome isn't a botnet!
I don't really care. I accept certain types of phoning home (update checks, malware blacklists) and dislike others (like search suggestions). If I only wanted privacy, I would use Ungoogled Chromium.

Use duckduckgo as home page. I love it.

Firefox Nightly
Iridium
Vivaldi

>JewJewGo
Good goyim

Ah we have a rebel in our midst. Gonna topple the government next i guess?

You pathetich piece of cockshit.

You forgot to mention 4K netflix :>

Uzbl.
It's literally the new Firefox.

Stay with firefox, but unfuck your addons and configs.

Uzbl's long dead, qutebrowser is the new uzbl.

Isn't it supposed to be unsuported and not developed anymore?

uzbl's based on some antique webkit version, qutebrowser's hardware accelerated qt5 and actively moving to some other webkit implementation.

I mean Firefox. Isn't it supposed to be usupported already?

No? Firefox is overhauling all its stuff in rust modularly. They've got Servo which is a renderer but not really a functional browser, which will later be integrated into firefox too.

What's a good alternative with flash support?

My firefox is fast as nails. Fuck off

x64 firefox or waterfox (unsigned extensions)
or palememe

I use iridium. Is chromium without google and security emphasis. It's secure and fast. Vivaldi is quiate good also, not as fast, at least on my computer. There's always palemoon if you like the *fox.

install opera

Opera
thank me later

>on my lappy top
Shit video drivers. Next.

How's iridium? I've heard it's a german honeypot, but is there anything to support this claim instead of "it's made by german people, so it must be botnet"?

I'm still very skeptical to change to anything chrome-related.

Don't be a retard and use a user.js to get rid of stupid shit.

Use Edge? I mean, it's not Internet Explorer and also has adblock

Install Palemoon

What are you using currently?

Firefox.

this. Honestly palememe is comfy as fuck

Why the fuck would you go back to a chrome based one? Firefox is amazing. Choose a fork if you need a little extra or different branch. I use Waterfox. Palemoon is a nice option too.

Opera is the best browser right now.

Anybody have the picture where the browsers are classed by rank Sup Forumsstyle?

>Opera
kys and your chink botnet

Palemoon is outdated and slow and is incompatible with any addon worth using.

>outdated
>being this retarded

>slow
Speed is solid.

>incompatible
>citation needed

Speed is REALLY dependant on your configs and addons. I don't know if there's any up to date guides or how they'd compare on the forks, but there's a LOT going wrong in there. Firefox has a lot of bullshit crammed on top of the good parts that needs disabling.

If you can live with some websites sometimes misbehaving - only because their creators are fucking morons - get Pale Moon

Very accurate. Basic Firefox vs one with CTR is a good example but CTR has been better recently.

What guides are you talking about?

What websites do you have issues with?

about:config stuff, I mean there's session storing every 15 seconds ruining SSDs thats a big problem but even with like the places/etc.sqlite you're going to be constantly bottlenecking on disk IO. There's even a script kicking around that puts your firefox profile in a ramdisk and doesn't let it sync to disk for serious performance increase.

There's also a lot of DNS and prefetch crap that firefox tries to manage which has some big blocking cause latency is a bitch. A lot of that will also be cut off with a noscript/requestpolicy/umatrix setup though. A ton of bullshit tracking/ad traffic to 3rd party servers are always going to slow your shit down.

Windows users are shit out of luck, as usual.

It really depends on updates to most popular websites and/or Pale moon. Goybook has all sorts of different bugs, Google showed the old version of the site when PM changed its user agent in some update etc.

Overall it's a great browser - fast, stable and has a lot of add-ons, while Mozilla is literally jewing their browser out of all addons by the end of 2017

That would be a good guide to share. I remember tweaking the about:config and removing that session storing.

Safari

Interesting, will have to test out. Haven't had much issues the limited time I have used it. Couldn't an user agent switcher fix that?

Continue with Firefox, it's the best option at this point. Disable telemetry and other services like Pocket, install and configure ublock and umatrix. If you really want to leave, Brave and perhaps Ungoogled Chromium are the only sensible options.

The guy behind PM changed the user agent back to Firefox imitation already

type about:support into your url-bar

if you don't see:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

>Win64/x64

anywhere, then you don't run the 64Bit version of Firefox.

if you see

>Win64/x86

you run the 32bit app on a 64bit machine.

it is weird how mozilla offers the 32bit version of their browser when you go to their website and the 64bit version is neatly hidden away somewhere else in the page-footer

Their x64 version is sorta shitty. Can't use any plugins besides flash player if memory serves me right.

Install Brave.

I have 8 installed right now

Plugins not addons?

my bad 5

2 of which are disabled,

flash, silverlight and something with h264

Bloated how? How is it affecting you?

Do you have 512 MB of RAM, or perhaps a 2GB hard disk? What's the problem here exactly?

I guess not...

Figured you're a Chrome shill

He didn't say it was literally Chrome, he said it was literally Chrome with a different UI. Learn to read, idiot.

Wait for our Rust overlords to finish with Quantum, have patience.

youtube.com/watch?v=u0hYIRQRiws

>wait for servo
every firefox shill

the alternative to quantum is still just firefox. Googleware has never been an option. Get your friends who are good with computers to tweak your configs and profile and it's still quite nice.

Switched to this just recently after using nightly for years (firegestures finally works right). Feels much faster, no small little hitch ups every now and then like with firefox/nightly, and haven't have a crash yet - or needed to restart it due to a bug - in the couple weeks I've been using it.