AMD RX 500 Series to launch in April - REBRANDED RX 400

Worst:

>AMD Radeon RX VEGA will not be released in April but May 30th

videocardz.com/66359/amd-radeon-rx-500-series-to-launch-in-april

wccftech.com/amd-reportedly-launching-rx-500-series-april-vega/

May 30th is my birthday.

Will you be throwing a party with all your friends user?

When (((AMD))) does it, it is OK!

What a cuck

AMD has to save that penny.

Get ready for 3 alterations of 480 over next 3-4 years same way you saw 3 alterations of 7970 with minor $20 price cuts with each gen.

This company is such a fucking joke but sadly we live in a world where people will settle for less if it means saving 40 dollars on a purchase you make once every few years.

>implying I'm not a friendless psuedo NEET (I have a shitty job, but I live like a NEET)
I'll probably have dinner with my family and that's it.

>10% faster than RX 480
Meh

Holy shit same here. Thas like a 1 in 365 chance !

well shit i was just that close to giving up on AMD. i can wait 2 months for high end vega.

How many times has this garbage been delayed already?

indefinitely

Nice what abourt prices will they be cheaper?

>wait for rebrands is nice
wew lad

>rebranded RX400
oh boy I'm so angry, the sub 200 dollar cards are totally where all the tech should be dumped into.

>No 490
Why

So how long can I keep my 380X if I only do 1080p60

>Vega is so shit AMD has to rehash Poolaris with a whopping 4% performance boost to try to placate the poojeets while they desperately try to unfuck it

The keks just won't stop.

>rebranded rx480 overclocked to near housefire level for a 6% performance increase and 120% tdp increase

ITS NOT FAIR GUYS

I'm rocking a 270x, stay with what i have? 1080 30fps.

NO! NO!

SO WHAT?!

IT IS FINE WHEN (((AMD))) DOES IT!

>Nvidia kills Poolaris with a DX12 driver
>AMD's answer is to release rebrands of already loud and hot cards

2017 IS THE YEAR OF AMD BABY!

Pascal is just a supercharged Maxwell (same IPC, higher clocks). EVERYONE DOES REBRANDS. Just making things clear.

It's a shame that Vega isn't coming out yet. But they never said it would come out 2017 H1. People need to be patient; for all we know, we could have a Pascal crusher + Volta competitor on our hands. HBM2 is on the Horyzen.

Kill yourself you pathetic AMD shill. You aren't even subtle or ironic about it.

Whoops. Nevermind I was wrong. April's still too early though.

>all the samefagging itt
We get it m8

>Pascal is just a supercharged Maxwell (same IPC, higher clocks)

>18 posters 26 reply
k

>Pascal is just a supercharged Maxwell (same IPC, higher clocks).

>People need to be patient

uhhh We are waiting

ur just a rebrand of yur retarded ancestors

>1 in 365

someone dropped out of highschool.

pic related

Im done with amd gpus. I will get a 1700x and probably the gtx1080 non ti...

>nvidia probably bought all HBM2 stock for their p100 cards
>amd doesn't have enough ram for vega
>1080 beats it at price
>mfw

Sure, they're going to be the low end, while vega will be the high end.

They'll also be somewhat better at all the steps, and drive the older 4xx model prices lower.

Not a bad deal, is it.

Wait so this is literally a Kaby lake-tier rebranding?

>Nvidia is still stuck on 16nm in mid-to-high end
EMBARRASSING

>People need to be patient

The eternal call of the AMDtard

Oh shit. What was the correct answer?

May 31th!

>AMD’s Refreshed Polaris Based RX 500 Series – RX 580, 570, 560 & 550

>AMD’s Brand New RX Vega Series – Vega 10 & Vega 11

Vega =/= RX 500 series

Nvidia did the same thing with the pascal cards, which are nothing more than the maxwell cards with a more refined lithography and a high clock.

In resume: IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!

Now learn to read, dumbass.

>In resume: IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!
Literally the current state of AMD.

Jesus stop...

>Nvidia did the same thing with the pascal cards

Does this mean price are gonna drop like the new 560 is gonna be like the 470, or are they gonna stay the same example 570 the same as 470?

>Nvidia did the same thing with the pascal cards
here we go

>Vega =/= RX 500 series
No shit, what is your point?

While AMD catched up with Intel, which is totally the fault of Intel for not pushing more into R&D, Nvidia is moving forward with even bigger steps after one.

AMD won't be able to catch up with Nvidia in the GPU departement.

Vega will be already outdated after half a year of its release with Volta coming.

>autism: the post

AMD RX 500 Series to launch in April: REBRANDED RX 400

and

thr AMD Radeon RX VEGA will not be released in April but May 30th

>pascal are rebrand of maxwell

Never, Vega has never had a launch date, or even an announcement date

>Vega will be already outdated after half a year of its release with Volta coming.

Pretty much this.

Sad.

I don't care if a card is a rebrand if it provides good performance for the price. The thing is just that a 480 is starting to get really weak in comparison to a now cheaper 1080 or a 1080ti. It's like AMD only sells toys before Vega.

The reason it isn't out yet is precisely to avoid this
AMD could've released Zen much sooner but decided not to, to avoid being the budget option again
Vega is the same no doubt about it. They already showed something that performed like the GTX 1070 back in December, and that wasn't even on proper driver making use of the architecture. Yet no sight of Vega yet.
There's no point in releasing a flagship card that is outperformed massively (see 1080ti performance) at launch.

We got drummer boy ad making noise and now spicy hot 3d render ad.
>noise
>hot
They're literally telling ayymdfags what to expect.

I was told that vega is not ready yet. Not even production! This was reported last night.

It looks like AMD is in deep shit.

Happy birthday here is a pile of shit

Why do you people argue so much about computer parts?

Why do you people argue so much about cellphones?

AMD needs to focus on getting profits instead of pleasing gaymer kids, they better come up with a compute monster that fucks with nvidia in the datacenter and deep learning markets.

So long as the cards are better due to improvements in production I don't have a problem with rebranding regardless of who does it

This way is better because now when I decide to upgrade from my GTX 660 I won't need to worry about whether the store I am buying my new GPU from is selling older lower quality cards or is selling the newer better quality ones as it will be a different branding.

why do people argue so much about what people are arguing about?

This exactly. They gotta hit where it really hurts. Gaming is nowhere as big as data centers and deep learning.

>been waiting to upgrade from 7850 for years, resisting urge to take NVIDIA's jew cock
>AMD keeps delaying everything and making weaker cards, despite their claims
You know AMD, you guys are making it very hard to not say that Nvidia is objectively better

The problem is thats not a ''refresh'' but literally a Kaby Lake tier rebrand.

Provided these cards give as they are claiming a 5% or so improvement for the same power would you rather that they be rebranded or run the risk of purchasing an older lower performing one because you can't tell the difference?

It's not like people are going to purchase these as an upgrade over the older version, though some consumer whores might but who cares about them.

Do it faggot. AMD lost the most powerful thing, word-of-mouth from gamers.

Nvidia found a golden egg, cuz they have no problem in expanding the non-gaming related sections because of the recognizable, trustful name.

Most gamers tend to have a professional job, so they can recommend nvidia instead of AMD enthusiastically in B2B.

Even as an AMD supporter, I can admit that they got nothing on the 1070, 1080, and the 1080 Ti (Titan XP is overpriced as shit). Nvidia is indeed currently far stronger and better at $350 and above price points.

However, I recall Raja saying he wanted capable $1000 4k gaming rigs to be a thing. Ryzen has arrived. Now Vega needs to show up. Nvidia might be stronger, but Vega will probably have monstrously better pricing like Ryzen compared to Intel.

>WHY DON'T I GET MY MAGICALLY 20 FPS BOOST FOR THE SAME PRICEPOINT, AMD SUCKS

AYYYMD IS A FUCKING JOKE

Thanks doc

I don't trust these Pajeets at wccftech and videocardz to be able to translate the German from Heisse.de. Can any Germanbros confirm?

thanks doc

Ja, AMD is fucked up.

Have a good time when it arrives

Likely, as gamers are getting higher binned 480's now, the 500~ series should be higher clocking and more refined on the lithography side, allowing higher performing cards to be made/allowing consumers to finally get what they were selling embed partners.

there is a chance it will go down in price, but if the clock rate is lets say 150-200mhz higher, its likely just going to replace it at the same point.

In all honesty, does anyone here expect amd to bother with consumer gpus till they can mcm them?

Look at the facts, as much as nvidiots hate it, amd was the better buy straight through to the 900 series gpus, and they sold like shit.

Why actually bother making a high end gpu is nearly all the research is for not?

The only reason vega is coming out to consumers in what looks to be a good form is, and look close to what they added, because its real world test bedding the mcm abilities. half the tech in the gpu makes no sense till you put it into that context.

nvidiots wanted a monopoly just like intel users, the only difference is you got it on the gpu side, not so much the cpu, yet.

birthdays are more likely, at least in valentines celebrating countries to come in around november.

another spike happens regionally when winter usually picks up as there is less to do outside so you spend your time inside.

just raw math, 1/365.25 is about right.

do you imagine everyone who waits to have broken or dead hardware, getting by on the igpu?

or do you imagine it to be people who have something that more then gets them by, but they look at new hardware as a chance to max all the settings and decided to get it based on price?

likely for another 4~ years with no worry, consoles are starting to push 4k and that's not going to be possible on the hardware they are given, so sacrifices are going to be made.

This seems really reasonable. I don't think AMD is competing either. Just sort of letting RTG do its thing to try to get out ahead of Nvidia in areas that AMD already has an IP lead. Vega is not a savior of a GPU. Isn't it already basically known to be like a 9 TFLOP GPU? It's basically a 1080.

vega is a test bed with some new tech in it to back the gpu up, its interesting, but pretending its anything more than a real world test for the connection tech that will make navi possible is stupid.

12.5tflops

some of the interesting tech, the 50% not geared toward mcm seems to be there for fix amd's biggest issue, saturating the fucking shaders.

If amd can saturate the shaders at all times, there's not a single chip nvidia makes that will touch it, but barring that, amd will likely be around 1080 if not ahead slightly, may pull ahead at higher resolutions.

The thing is, its a test bed, I can imagine them selling cut ones around 350 and full gpu at 450-500, amd is in a position where they need marketshare, so if they put it out cheap and call it a wash on consumer end, while selling higher binned ones for profit to enterprize who just need flops, the drivers themselves don't matter nearly as much, I can see them trying this strategy out, especially considering how just the zen pre launch is going. on the gpu front its all about getting marketshare back, and if amd partner up with intel and ACTUALLY make the gpu portion and intel puts that on the interposer, that's nvidia getting cornered out of the gpu market on pc. I doubt amd will make intel's gpus, but its a possibility that makes sense, intel sucks dick at gpus, and amd are fairly experienced with mcm.

for christ sake

How long is the poor 290/390 going to limp along for?

390x master race

>Horyzen
t. shill

living the dream

Glad jim keller already save amd, if it were on pajeet amd would be bankrupt already

great, now i can get a rx460 at $50.

>nvidia "tweaks" card every generation
>call it new architecture
>the nvidigoys will eat this shit
>deprecated after 1 year only with legacy drivers
>repeat

>I know all about Raja after he rejoined AMD

Pascal is a completely different architecture you mongoloid

My favorite is when Nvidia charges $100 more for Founders Edition cards which basically masks that they have almost no stock available at launch.

Prove it faggot. Evidence suggests otherwise.
It's not as severe like what Intel did with Kaby, but it's still Maxwell on a smaller node.

People downclocked pascal to maxwell level and got basicaly the same performance using less power wich is expected due to smaller node

That doesn't make any fucking sense

thats funny how nvidia cards are so slow, draw more power and are expensive lol

>People downclocked pascal to maxwell level and got basicaly the same performance using less power wich is expected due to smaller node

Source pls because the Titan XP/1080ti is not even the ful GP102...

AMD had only 35% of the market share even with 79xx when they were objectively better than 6xx series cards?

Lol, People really hate AMD don't they