So is this as fast as a GT610?

THE
POWER
OF
NINTENDO

NINTENDOPOWER

>2 geometry units
SONYGGERS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

SONYGGERS CONFIRMED FOR FAILING OUT IN 8TH GRADE, NEVER TOOK GEOMETRY LMAO.

WHOA! 2?!?!

How bad is this compared to a 1060?

Very.

So, Nintendo just re-released the Wii U in "portable" form?

Extremely bad if you're looking at performance. This is a part with a designed TDP of somewhere in the 10-20W range at most. That's almost 10 times less than the 1060 and performance is equally unimpressive to match.

It's much weaker but it's a tablet and it doesn't run a bloated mobile OS like iOS or Android.

No, Wii U is much weaker. At least as far as graphics chip goes.

The performance should be much closer to the Xbone than the Wii U.

AYYYYYYYYYYY

no lol

BoTW is a Wii U port anyway, most of the development happened there. It makes sense it would be restricted somewhat by the Wii U's hardware.

>CLOSE TO THE XBONE
THE CITY OF (you)

Hahahaha.

its as strong as my gtx 280 that I bought in 2009.

NINTENDO IS FINISHED

>It makes sense that a game developed to work on "next gen" hardware should look literally the same or worse than last gen

Yeah, ok.

I didn't say it was close to the Xbone, I meant:
Wii U

Assuming what he's saying is correct, you're saying that the Wii U is next gen hardware. This is nonsensical.

You need to work on that reading comprehension.

No, I think you need to fix your reading comprehension. Because he implied that BotW is developed for previous generation hardware.

The Switch version is slightly better looking than the Wii U version and runs at higher res, but it's still fundamentally the same game. It's not like PS3 ports magically look amazing on PC even though the PC is not merely "next gen" hardware from their perspective. You have to mod the shit out of them before they look anything like hardware appropriate games.

more like
wii u 176GFLOPS < switch 156-393GLOPS

FP16 or FP32. I'm pretty sure you're quoting FP32 number for Switch and FP16 number for Xbone/PS4.

He probably is, the X1 is (officially) 1024GFLOPS FP16.
Unless Nintendo dropped the clock speed to about 1/3rd ofc.

They did. The Switch allegedly does 1/3rd the clock speed of Tegra X1 in portable mode, but that's not 156GFLOPS. It's something in the range of 300GFLOPS.

I'm wrong. Apparently he's quoting FP32 for both, though admittedly the Switch numbers are wrong if it's using the X1.
The X1 tops out at (officially) 512GFLOPS FP32, being less than half an Xbone but still much more powerful than a WiiU.

Huh the PS4 really has almost 2000 GFLOPS?
I guess that just goes to show how shit the Jaguar CPU is.

That's honestly impressive.
That means it can handle pc games like battlefield 4

While I would love that to be true, it's probably not.

Why wouldn't it be true? They probably won't port Battlefield 4 or anything of that kind to it, because who the fuck wants to play that? But from a technical perspective a game like that could easily run.

I could see something with cartoonier graphics like Overwatch or TF2, but the Battlefield series is too dependent on gritty artstyle to really be meaningfully doable at anything that's not 720p everywhere at 30ish fps with mid-low settings.

You can do BF4 kind of graphics on the Switch if you really want to. Have you seen Horizon on PS4 for example? Or Uncharted? Completely trash hardware, very "realistic" looking games. There are tons of ways to take shortcuts when it comes to rendering graphics, you don't need to brute force it. In fact, most of the time only PC games brute force it because there is just so much power in a gaming PC.

Battlefield 4 ran fine on my gtx 260, why not something that's equivalent to a 280?

more like because developers are lazy.

the switch is downclocked massively compared to the x1

Well yea, that's implied.

Uncharted 3 and last of us looked pretty good on ps3 too

The Nvidia Shield Tablet seems to run games around that level alright. Especially if you downscale to 720p.