Bjarne tragically dies, and he's named YOU as his successor to dictate the direction, implementation...

Bjarne tragically dies, and he's named YOU as his successor to dictate the direction, implementation, and doctrine of C++
What do you change about the language?

nothing.

Create a Code of Conduct (CoC) that demands racial and gender inclusiveness.

make it interpreted

Make everything inherit from Object.

Drop everything else to introduce modules.

remove backward compatibility so shitty code written with raw pointers won't compile any more.

order the assassination of anyone like this

I'd remove most of the legacy garbage held over from C and accelerate the proposals for modules/concepts/etc that have been in limbo for the past decade or so.

Moving so quickly and breaking backward compatibility would basically gut the essence and incumbent position of C++, though, so instead I'd probably just disband the standard committee forever so it'd die off and something else could replace it altogether.

>dynamic, loose typing
>transpile to javascript
>change name to She++
Ah the dream.

revert it back to C

Get rid of half of the standards committee to release versions in reasonable timeframes

Sell it to Microsoft.

Mourn his death and let C++ stagnate. The language implementors unexpectedly have a ton of time to catch up to the most recent spec. Compiler and tooling quality is at an all-time high. Whoops

>Add a "pure" keyword instead of "= 0"
>Better implementation and usage of UTF strings (or am i retarded?)
>Ban the usage of int's and make stdint.h mandatory as a result

turn it into Node.JS

literally who?

I change nothing.

Encourage everybody to move to D, put all efforts into making D really work without the gc.

Ban header filesl

Add modules, then remove the preprocessor. Introduce a new "unsafe" keyword and make operations like pointer arithmetic illegal outside an unsafe block.

>4 decades later
>exact same shit happens

Make everything an object

Remove `auto' keyword
Remove lambdas
Cancel all plans to add non-#include based header files
Make a nonstandard extension
using namespace std; is the default now
Remove int main(), replace with a class that has a virtual method as the entry point
Add at least one new keyword to break ~60% of codebases

I don't know anything about programming so I'd create a thread on here, transferring ownership to whomever rolls quads first.

this
Unlikely, language design is 100% hindsight. So unless some node memesters sabotage it somehow, hypothetical new language will make programming great again!!

You are disgusting.

More likely, he's efficient at killing C++.

This is my plan. Make the language so unbearable that people will finally stop using it

I'd cut all the bullshit and truly make it C with classes.

Why would you want C with classes?
I'd much rather have C with lambdas

Why would you want that? They're literally embellished structs

pussy

meme languages git off my board

You can write C with classes if you want, best way to program imo
access control moron

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Writing effective C requires setting up so many preconditions, stopping idiots from modifying the wrong field of a struct is the least of your worries.
Besides "access modifiers" are barely even half of the point of OOP.

I change it drastically so it's only function is to revive the motherfucker so he can go back to fixing it.

Get rid of ODR, add reflection, break backward compatibility and clean up duplicate functionality.

shit man all I did was imply that you were too stupid to use pointers and should be restricted to babby languages, calm down

yeah I probably should have mentioned inheritance, access control was the first advantage of classes over structs that I thought of

I'd leave it as is, Bjarne Stroustrup did nothing wrong.

All according to plan.

This makes too much sense

well inheritance is usually kind of shit
and C++ handles it really badly

?
>I'd much rather have C with lambdas
Honestly, why? What is so great about Lambdas? I genuinely have never heard a good explanation about why they're good.

They're comfi as fuck in languages like Lisp that take advantage of them.
List comprehension is nice, enables callbacks or continuations (or both interchangeably). There's also stuff like 'with' blocks where you have a segment of code that is wrapped in behavior before and after.
(with-error-handler
(lambda ()
(do-dangerous-stuff))
(lambda (err)
(handle-error err)))

(with-output-stream
(lambda (out)
(write out "hello")
(write out "world")))
=> "helloworld"

And this is all consequence of first class lambdas with closure, not other special syntax needed

Make it D.

He was implying that raw pointers have been replaced with something better and the standards should change to deprecate old shitty potentially unsafe operations

You'd make a fantastic Rustaceon :)

1. Invent more classes and subclasses
2. Inventing Meta-meta-templates
3. Pimping the syntax, if you assing a number it should be something like: "Std::::Number::::::::Integer::int = 4;"
4. Using Templates is recommended, standard libs are getting deprecated

Ahahaha...

Headers and shiet, dat be primitive bullshit some cracka whipped up in da 80s or sumdin, bich u aint richie, u know u can fix dat shit get on it bich

Would it be possible to add a (optional) borrow checker to C++? It's all the rage these days~

>Remove stdint.h

You obviously don't program anything useful.