Tfw spent £250 on RX 480 last month and now can find 1070s for around £300

>tfw spent £250 on RX 480 last month and now can find 1070s for around £300

I fucked up big time didn't I?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Radeon-DUAL-RX480-O8G-Express-DisplayPort-Graphics/dp/B01N9GQY5T/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488431002&sr=8-3&keywords=asus rx 480
overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=asus rx 480
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah

You bought AMD and now you're MAD.

How fucking new are you? Hardware has always been a massive fucking money pit, it's been this way for years. If you haven't spotted this trend by now you deserve to get reamed

I sure as hell didn't expect the 1070 price to plummet like it did. I agree that if you were in the market for a high end gpu didn't see the 1080 ti coming, you should just kill yourself but now the 1070 is a direct competitor to the 480 and the 1060 is literally irrelevant. You're lying if you say you expected this to happen.

>bought a gtx 1060 3gb for $200
>2 months later the gtx 1060 6gb drops down to $224
>some games that I play already require more than 4gb of vram

>he fell for the 3gb vram meme

Really? Your fucked up brain thought the 1070 was going to stay at the same price point even though everyone was talking about the 1080ti coming out? Companies adjust prices across their entire lineup when they do this, that's how they maintain market share retard. Anyone with a little intuition knew this was going to happen.

>Implying you expected the 1070 to be in the same price bracket as the 480
And what about the 1060? It's almost the same fucking price as the 1070 now around here. Where was price adjustment for that? How on earth do nvidia expect to maintain the lower end market share with their midrange card being absolutely useless? Throwing around terms like "market share" does not make you sound any smarter user. You don't know it all and you're not a business analyst either.

If you had told me in January that I can pick up a 1070 for around the same price as a 480 in a couple months, I would've called bs.

If you paid more than $180 for a 480 you fucked up, regardless of its price relative to the 1070.

>1070 price plummeting

T-thanks for the heads up, Sup Forums

>amazon pricing
jfmsu

I'm a britfag, 480s are around £200-250. The 1070 was around £450+ but I can find one right now for around £300 after the 1080 ti announcement. The funniest thing in this cluster fuck of pricings is that the 1060 6b is still the same price of £250-300.

>being this uneducated

>I can't refute any of the points he made so I'll just throw insults instead

Except nvidia didn't announce a price cut for the 1070, only the 1080 price got slashed. These cheap 1070s are literally third party eBay and Amazon sellers. The 1070 should not be directly competing against the 1060 in terms of price. Even an uneducated neet such as yourself would be able to see that it would be absolutely retarded if nvidia did that.

Kek that's a pretty hefty dollar you're saving right there

And a couple more too

Yes. r9 Fury have been on sale for around the price since Black Friday.
You should have gotten that instead. It's almost the same performance as the 1070, just uses more power. Then you wouldn't be regretting anything.

Maybe do some more research next time.

>recommending a literal house fire

It uses 220-250watts during gaming.
It's power inefficient compared to Maxwell, but not that bad.

underrated post

reeeeeeeeeeee

stop lying to yourself and everyone else

I just bought a RX 480

4GB are going for £165

8GB is going for £195

amazon.co.uk/Radeon-DUAL-RX480-O8G-Express-DisplayPort-Graphics/dp/B01N9GQY5T/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488431002&sr=8-3&keywords=asus rx 480

overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=asus rx 480

look at the price of ASUS RX 480

kys

>implying that I enjoy wasting my time trying to explain supply and demand to fucking retarded inbred euros

Nvidia has nothing to do with it you fuckstick. You think they are going out of their way to sell off old stock? Third party companies who make their cards are trying to get rid of their stock

Why are you spacing between each sentence, do you think this is reddit you colossal faggot?

are you implying Sup Forums is in no way like reddit?

>around £200-250
I was referring to the 8gb model, I'm not wrong am I? That's the general price range for an 8gb 480 so what is the fucking point of your post?

>I'm too smart to argue with him. It's not that I've run out of arguments. I swear, guys.

You're completely right. I am actually much smarter than him.

>I'm smart, guys. Seriously. Stop laughing!

You probably could find RX480 for less too.

>trying this hard
Very amusing

8GB RX480s have been going on sale for $150-$185 the past few weeks.

Would still get the r9 fury for $235 over that, though. It's almost as good as a 1070.

>480 will only get better with age
>1070 will be gimped once the 1170 is out

I don't see the problem

>living in the UK
you have bigger problems

480 will be better than 1070 once 1170 is released

Yeah, but don't feel bad. Hardware always does this shit, investing in hardware near launch is like investing in Bitcoin.

should i sell my rx480 while rx490 is still peeking on the edge

How do we solve the Sup Forums problem?

Migrate to /sci/? Computing is science right...?

RX490 isn't coming out what are you talking about.

RX580 is a mildly overclocked RX480 and RX Vega is 2-3 months away.

>Live in Poland
>Bought RX480 for 1300 PLN around October
>Custom GTX 1070 still cost 2000-2200 PLN

Nah.

i picked up a GTR Black edition 8GB 480 right when it launched and i'm happy with it! didn't even realize it was the best 480; i just bought the first one that didn't have loud-ass fans or a fugly black-and-red gaymer aesthetic

you may be MAD but i'm over here like DAM(n? this wasn't a well thought-out post...)

gtr black edition is my jam pham