Why does the "Hackintosh is so hard its undoable and unusable" meme still exist?!!

Why does the "Hackintosh is so hard its undoable and unusable" meme still exist?!!
Lots of things happened in the last 5 to 7 years in that regard and its now easier than ever to install macOS on virtually any Intel based Windows machine.
Even AMD GPUs are supported since the Mac Pro from 2013 uses a AMD GPU.
Hell there is even a big AMD OSX Community that managed to run macOS on lots of AMD CPUs.

There is absolutely no reason to use Windows over macOS unless you are a vidya addicting NEET.

>Even AMD GPUs are supported since the Mac Pro from 2013 uses a AMD GPU.
>Hell there is even a big AMD OSX Community that managed to run macOS on lots of AMD CPUs.

They're shitty kernel patches that are very, very, volatile.

I don't use either, I use Fedora with gnome cause I'm autistic and like the UI/feel of it

And when I game I use my windows partition

well just saying that it is possible and i'd say its not more or less unstable than any rolling release arch meme linux distro that can break at any given time for no reason

well good for you ... i run macOS and manjaro atm cause i like the UI/feel for it and windows can go fuck itself

i dont play games cause im not autistic

Only poos use Hackintosh setups.

thank you for your input Microsoft Call Center in Bangalore

I've already installed Ubuntu on my Chromebook and I know it's possible to run Mac OS in a virtual machine, I might try to "hackintosh" it by running Mac OS in a virtual machine on it for shits and giggles/to see what the performance is like on such a low end system in a VM.

I've had more crashes in the few days I was running El Capitan versus the years I've been running openSUSE.

because anyone who says hackintoshes are stable are lying in an attempt to justify their shitty builds. dont tell me you dont sweat everytime there is a point update, scouring the tonymac forums.

This. And why would you want to use a MacOS on a pc anyway? What are the benefits?

protip: None.

It's a meme. And it's done to see memes in action. Think about that.

>it's difficult
>More people figure it out.
>Meme
>Everyone thinks it's easy.

Why? Because Memes.

>what are the benefits

not using windows of course dumbass

macOS is simply the superior OS. If you need an OS that supports software such as Adobe Products and what not you only have the Win10 or macOS choice and macOS is simply better for every day use.

You can always run a GNU/Linux distro on the side on any Hackintosh anyway just like you can do on a mac.

Wintoddlers are fucking disgusting. Just because you grew up with Windows doesnt mean it has to stay that way for the rest of your life.

Point updates arent an issue. Complete OS releases are though.

All you need is a really compatible system and its no problem at all since most of the components you can buy for a windows PC will also be used in Apple products and they have been tested by Apple. Sure you might lose some of the efficiency from the closed design but you can always buy more powerful components and outperform any Apple product.

You seem like a retard.

>macOS
>crash

lol

So, in that respect it's much like Linux on supported hardware.

not even the point freetard. I bet your shitty distro uses non free software and Stallman hates you as much as Apple users.

All the "Appletoddlers" etc memes come from the fact that the OS wasnt as accessible to people unless they actually buy from Apple and ofc its very pricey.

Although one could argue that buying an Apple Product is cheaper than upgrading a PC all the time cause the resell value of these Apple products is relatively high.

Even then - people here are usually tech enthusiasts anyway and as one there is no excuse to use Win 10 over macOS (when you need it)

Sure ACTUAL GNU/Linux is probably better from a political standpoint but im not arguing that here.

Stallman the foot cheese eating pedophile, truly a legend.

posting from E7440 with el capitan running 100% flawlessly.

Umm it's unstable garbage

It's even worse than Linux and that's saying a lot

theres Visual Studio for macOS?

It seems better than windows but I would rather just use a linux distro.

>its no problem at all
if by no problem at all you mean kernel crashes every 1-2 weeks, then yeah its no problem at all.

hackintoshes are a waste of time. you dont even benefit from the tight level of integration that iCloud offers because it is incompatible without legitimate serial numbers. move on folks.

>you dont even benefit from the tight level of integration that iCloud offers because it is incompatible without legitimate serial numbers.

how come that i can use every iCloud feature just fine!?!

You talk like someone who is stuck in 2006 or something. You missed 11 years of hackintosh advancements tbqh.

>Linux user on supported hardware
That's patently false.

>implying bleeding edge arch kiddos have an easier time than any AMD hackintosh system

its the same shit

umm no it isn't lol
at all

OP I use hackintosh on my desktop and it's pretty amazing. But I installed it on the X220 and I must say, it's unusable because the only available drivers for the touchpad/trackpoint are awful. It's very disappointing.