Those axes

>those axes

NVIDIA doesn't even pretend anymore.

Ignore the axes, this is a really stupid chart altogether.

>those stats.
Tell me g, why do manufacturers present their progress as something totally game changing results?
Why not start from 0C° and 0 Dezibel?

Where is vega poojeet?

How else would you present this graph in a readable format?

Because that would show it's actually fucking nothing worthwhile.

sooo... the cooler it gets, the louder it becomes?

obviously. If the fan turns faster, it cools better but it is also louder.

Did I just blow your mind? brainlet?

Waiting in the wings getting some optimizations to blow the 1080Ti out of the water. They waited for Nvidia to make their move first so they could.

>0 dezibel

>hey! isn't this impressive?!?
>>well I don't know, it's barely 5°C
>yeah but don't you see how far apart the lines are?!?
>>well yeah but that is because the axes ar-
> CAN'T YOU SEE HOW MANY PIXELS APART THEY ARE!?!
>>but... that's just because you zoomed i-
>> THE PIXELS!!!! CAN'T YOU SEE THEM!!!!?

Yes this is all part of AMD's master plan to BTFO Nvidia.

Surely they will do it this time, and if they don't, well don't worry, just wait until the next launch because then they will for sure.

Just like poolaris and 1080?

They literally have the change numbers right on the chart

There are plenty of misleading graphs, but this isn't one of them

oh right. cooler performance as in the performance of the cooler unit. somehow i thought "cooler" was an adjective and when the card goes idle the fan spins up - in hindsight it was beyond retarded. very embarassing. have a picture of my first computer as thanks for setting me straight.

also, maybe i should stop pulling all nighters.

are you fucking stupid?

>those improvements
>that beautiful green on black
>the way it's meant to be played

god I'm so hard right now, where can I preorder?

that's a rad pc you got there mate

Do those illiterate computer "scientists" know that those axes would get them barred from any reputable scientific publication?

To be fair, 2.5dB difference is like 6 times louder. dB is not a linear scale.

when they do these for enterprise products they show very good perfectly informative graphs

Time to shell out $699 for Nvidia. I'm a good goy.

Reminds of how bullshit it is to say to people how much Richter's an earthquake had. It has nothing to do with what a human might feel like because the depth of the earthquake plays a large role.
If dB doesn't translate well intuitively they should use another metric.

i know right? with the memory extension, it had 768 KB ram, motherfucker. ran pacman and digger at silky-smooth 15 fps

it was a soviet beast and 7 years obsolete when i got it.

AMD and NVIDIA are a cartel. NVIDIA makes bigger chip dies, becomes slightly faster because of it, and charges more for it. They are patent hogs and don't let anyone in.
Fuck them both.
Similar things happen on the CPU desktop market with Intel and AMD hogging the patents.

This. It's actually a huge difference.

So, to sum things up...
>780 buyers ended up with a heavily gimped card, competed with the 290, but by EOL even the 280 surpassed it.
>980 buyers overpaid twice as much for a 10-15% performance increase
>1080 buyers were essentially sold an overpriced engineering sample
I can see a pattern here, but nvidiots keep on falling for these pieces of garbage

It's a commercial, not a paper. That said all the cuda docs are what we like to call "gamer PDFs" at my institute

From the perspective of the ear it is

My GTX 1080 never gets above 70c under sustained full load w/ 100% power utilization, inside a microatx case, and my fan curve is not very aggressive.

In other words, who gives a shit

Earthquakes depend on a lot of variables that determine how they feel, Richter (or moment magnitude) is a really shitty scale that has been adopted for common use that only tells you how much energy was released in the quake, which means practically nothing to anyone.

Only a few countries have bothered to give out seismic intensity information instead, and that's partly because very few countries actually have extensive detection networks that can give that sort of information quickly.

Whenever I get an earthquake alert I don't give a shit if it's anything below a shindo 5, but even some 3s and 4s can be surprisingly violent.

>Sup Forums is so retarded they literally don't even know how volume or temperature works
0c and 0db are both completely arbitrary points with no meaning.

is this chart for muslims or jews? what on earth they are doing

you act like amd or nvidia is 1 person

Oy vey!!!!

Intel has like 5 in Israel, and also their biggest exporter.

More importantly, 0C and 0db are completely irrelevant in regards to graphics cards.
All it would mean is either stupidly compressing the graph such that it would not convey any information or make the graph pointlessly huge.

Both axes are labeled properly. You can easily see there is a 2.5dB difference in noise at the same temperature and a 5 degree lower temperature at the same noise level. So the graph is doing its job just fine without any wasted space.

Then explain why if I want an 8core 16thread CPU Intel will sell me one at $1000?

>2.5dB difference is like 6 times louder
Way off, a 2.5dB increase is only a 1.333x increase in amplitude. Without an ambient reference we can't actually determine how loud the 1080Ti is though, only how much louder the 1080 is according to the chart.

Of course 0dB is meaningless by itself but the reference for 0dB SPL is 20 μPa.