Anyone here still own a GTX 970? Are you happy with it?

Anyone here still own a GTX 970? Are you happy with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2AaIKxSuLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>960 beats 970
Jeez, how did that happen?

do you really need to ask?

Got one used from a family member a few months ago, when he upgraded to a 1070. For what I do (play FO4 and Ark on 1080p, light to medium Solidworks projects), it does the job fine.

I'm trying to use ddg instead of google, it's taking longer to find info.

I own 390 and very happy with it at 1440, best GPU purchase since tnt2.

>tfw 390x
lmaoing@970 cucks

So it looks like the 960 was just awesome, is what I could gather.

>3.5

3.5GB
G
B

It didn't even last longer then a year and a half. I suffered another year with my almost bricked POS 970 so I could have my superior RX 480 w/ freesync
>Buying novideoshit

>480 beating fury x and fury at 2560x1440

huh.. what happened to that hbm magic?

My meme sense is tingling but I don't come to this board often enough to know the obscure ones. Sorry.

picture related

The 970 came with only 3.5gb of fast vram and 0.5gb of very slow ram.
It runs perfectly up to the point to where this slow ram is used, if it does get used you get a huge drop in framerate. Basically that sheet is showing every graphics card at their max capacities, with the 970 using its full "4GB" of vram, making it so its score is really bad.

I upgraded to a 1440p monitor, so no, I'm not. I could play games like Witcher 3 at 30~50 fps on max settings, but I'd rather just wait for the 1080ti and upgrade to that.

It served me well though for around 2 years. It'll now go into my wifes rig.

HBM doesn't save your ass if you are pulling shit from system memory all the time.

>have some extra spending money, build system with a 1080, 1440p gsync monitor, costs a boatload
>it's nice but really no better than the oc'd 2500k/7950 1080p rig it was going to replace
>realize it's all a gimmick
>return the 1337 xXxblackwidowxXx gear and just continue playing on my 60" 1080p TV with a better picture/experience than the gsync monitor
tfw got memed by a bunch of dumb kids on Sup Forums
thank god for good return policies

5 (You)s, fucking great!
Have ye olde meme as thanks, everyone.

I'm still happy with GTX660Ti I'll have to upgrade my eyes first if I want to upgrade to more powerful card

arrow should be pointing to the fat ginger in the bottom row

Yeah, memers are strong on Sup Forums

You still get everything ultra at 1080p, any res higher than that you start to notice the 3,5 meme. One thing to note is that you can overclock this card like crazy.
If you looking to buy a 970 tier card, there is no reason to not get the 390 or even the x version.

where does a 290x 4gb get put here?

Still gaming on a 760. It plays everything just fine at mostly high settings at 1080p.

Around 480 and 470 4gb

g sync is great when you have frame-rate all over the place

i picked up one of the factory OC'd ones in a sale, the only thing it's choked on at 1080 is arkham knight, and that was just the advanced smoke effects (which look kind of shitty anyway)

It works. I just upgraded everything else so it will be a time before I switch.

dude wtf, it's time to buy the futureproof gtx1070

>970
>25 frames
>8 min

why are shilling fake benchmarks

youtube.com/watch?v=w2AaIKxSuLI

So let me get this straight in a game when you surpass the 3.5 vram fps began to fall?

Is the 480 still best bang for back at the moment?

Interesting that most of the comments on that video from people who own a 970 are saying that they can't get the same results and experience severe stuttering. Almost as if it were...

I'm happy with my 960

/thread

OP is a nigger child without any clue

You can stop shilling your channel now, mate. At least turn off comments so that we can't see all the people saying your video is fake.

Ha! Your choice in hardware SUX! Lamer!!

shut the fuck up you autist

you just got served by a single review that was recorded while playing the game
it has even more frames without recording

there is plenty more but I can't be bothered to show some zimbabwe nigger that the 970 can run all games on 1080p or 1440p