AMD R7 1800x *OR* i7 6900k

Im not rly sure what to pick, cant trust benchmarks either.. some show that Ryzen is better, some that 6900k is better

6900K if you really need 256-bit AVX bandwidth. Otherwise, 1800x.

Just pay $1000 you can do it.

There aren't any benchmarks, you fucking faggot. The NDA hasn't even lifted yet.

Why don't you take a look in this pic related?

Ryzen BTFO

>cant trust benchmarks either
the ones that will come out in 2 minutes? are you from the future?

well there are the ones from the Ryzen promotion and such, and then u have few like from UserBenchmark, or wccftech.com

Your samefagging attempt is transparent. "le $1,000 chip is beaten by le $500 chip le meme".
Literally nobody in Sup Forums ever bought a $1,000 chip.
The 4/8 Intels is the sweet spot of intels.
Talk about 4/8 and 6/12 AMDs.

yes, well, I didnt ask about 4/8 cpus did I...

do you guys think that Ryzen having dual-channel mem. will be a disadvantage againts the 4ch of 6900k?

>$1000
>Instant Ramen for a month
Pick one

4ch would be useful for ASIC calculations such as AES or SHA-1 but not that for normal tasks.

this pic related is the end of AyyMD

ok, thx for your replies ...

I think Ill take the Ramen

this is exactly what Im talking about, some benchmarks place 1800x above 6900k, and some (like this one) show otherwise

Optimization is the difference. AMD has been lagging behind for so long that most software is optimized for Intel, but not AMD.

>Ryzen beating intel in all the categories that matter

Yea, sure, shill.

>1280x768 resolution

A ton of early benchmarks are showing Ryzen placing low or behind by using stupidly low resolutions. You bump it up to 1080p and up, an the difference it is usually 1-2FP--otherwise negligible.

Thanks for falling for Intel's shady propaganda.

>buy a 1700
>make overclock

Done. You have a 1800X.

yea, but as said -- optimalization also plays a big role, which would be one reason I waver from buying Ryzen

>same performance pretty much
>one is $1050
>another is $500

gee, hard choice isn't it

Is that Witcher 3 at 1999 resolutions? Fucking kids. I swear.

but how come that at lower resolutions is AMD weaker and higher not?