Where were you when Dell reinvented the ThinkPad?

Where were you when Dell reinvented the ThinkPad?

>1080p IPS
>enterprise grade build quality
>trackpoint
>Mac level trackpad
>10hr battery life
>Windows 7 and Linux support
>fast charging
>brand new

>>>>$400

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/ca/business/p/latitude-e5470-laptop/pd?s=bsd&oc=cto02ue547014uscaf&dgc=ST&cid=31209&lid=5736658&acd=1230881384501410&ven1=st8gVNLUS&ven2=,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Dell
user...

>no home and end
>enter is crippled for no reason at all
>fuckhuge bezels
So essentially, its a chinkpad with an even worse keyboard but nice blue accents.
Yeah, why not.
Good laptops are dead anyways.

looks gay

>>enterprise grade build quality
fucking disgusting

"enterprise" means total shit you numbskull

Name of the model?

idk what that is in OP's pic but Dell Latitudes have been better than thinkpads since the mid 2000's

>$400

kek nice try shill.

Darude - sandstorm

But seriously it's in the filename.

Too bad the track point sucks.

When you open the lid they literally look and feel like toys.

How expandable is it faggot?

Awesome colors and viewing angles, 10/10 display

how is it 400 it says 1250 euros on notebookcheck lol

>no numpad
into the trash it goes

Upgradable RAM, the bottom pops off and you can service the whole machine. Only beef I have is the short time I played with one the track point wasn't as firm feeling as Lenovo's

Well you googled it therefore Pajeet gets 0.2 cents for making this thread.

Check eBay. There are open box and sealed ones for between $400 and $500. Half of what (((Dell))) asks

I use Dell laptops at work and I have zero (0) problems with them.

What model is that?

>16:9
Trash

How? My friend has one and its heavy and strong. Doesn't feel like a toy

you probably confusing Latitude with inspiron or some cuck tier teenager laptops

latitudes are heavy metal

Dell e5470

I use an 35570 for work with 8gb ram, ips and ssd. The trackpoint is shit, they keyboard is even worse. It good thing is the battery life. Oh yeah, i just lost the memory card dummy plastic somewhere. It pops out in bags all the time.

Sorry, I meant e5570. Autocorrect got me

>reinvented the ThinkPad?
>he believes Dell Latitudes are a new thing

>1080p IPS
>picture clearly shows 1366x768 TN

I got a Latitude CPi from like 1998 still going stronk with an underclocked Pentium II and 128MB of RAM.

Lenovo doesn't make ThinkPads anymore. Somebody had to do it

>He doesn't know

>heavy metal

yes, on the outside you nigger, learn to comprehension.

when you open it up you get a mushy cheap piece of shit, pic related.

No clitmouse no buy.

thats a tn nigga

>Mac Level trackpad

This is a straight up fucking lie OP, I have the e7470 which is an upgraded version of what you posted and they all use Alps trackpads, as in they're total garbage.

Alps really are unforgivable shit

Synaptics Precision all day every day

>enter is crippled
It's an international keyboard, ever seen one, ameritard?
>no home and end
They're on the arrow keys.

Where is the Menu key? I like to use it pretty often.
[spoiler]It's essential an open context menu at text cursor instead of mouse cursor.[/spoiler]
Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up and Down need to be separate physical keys.

Well at least the screen is the same quality

It looks pretty good and it's cheap. Don't pretend it's anything other than that.

Have they made an option to swap the fn and ctrl and menu and ctrl?
If they did, the keyboard layout seem decent to me.

>chinklet keyboards

kys

>it's not chinkpad so its shit
badgewhores are the worst

>$400
lol ok.

1080p is an awkward resolution for laptops

>that screen
>>an IPS
It looks like pure cancer, not IPS.

Pic related is IPS, OP pic is a cheaper TN model

Jokes on you, I'm an European.
Also, you are blind, if you dont see what's wrong with the Enter key on OPs pic.

Fuck you, Dell is the only good laptop manufacturer left

>$400
where

Please don't get in the way of my posting.

just fucking show me where I can buy this laptop for $400 new

It's funny how the best track pads for their non-XPS laptops are in the Dell Chromebook 13.

dude you're getting a dell

can i put 3 ssds in it?

what model is this?

>that keyboard layout
yeah nope
That is fucking shit and I still might put my computer to sleep when I try to turn off the wifi

Is it backlit? If not then fuck off.

E5470, same as OP

It is, granted that's usually a bad thing. Getacs are breddy good but the screen makes even ThinkPads look good

Nyt vittu homo :DDd

>ThinkPads look good
Totally agree. Documents, excel and coding goes, but I would prefer watching my chinese cartoons with my external monitor. Such a fucking hideous screen, but it has some other cool features
>pic related
This screen is incredible in outdoor and this guy also knows how to handle cold, which is the reason why I bought this in the first place.
Probably -5 celsius or more

also this keyboard layout in this is probably one of my favorite.
oh snap :DD

Do they make a version without the retarded britfag enter key?

>Dell
never ever

there's the Thinkpad P50

>>enterprise grade build quality
toilet-seat grade plastic is now good?
top kek!

fuck off back to plebbit you dumb piece of shit.

Kek

they lost me at the micro arrow keys.

at least it's not the 2 small up and down in the same location, i hate that shit more than anything, what a dumb trend

>Ctrl before Fn
Disgusting.

>thinking Dell equals HP in thinkpad build quality
thinkpad build quality is not what it once was but user I mean c'mon

>1080P IPS
you can still buy shit e-IPS displays, I had an X230 and it had an IPS display. Colors yes, ghosting out the whazoo.

please, dell is notorious for shit machines that look and feel nice initially and fall apart. I had multiple latitudes.

>trackpoint
they tend to use shit alps pointing sticks that are nothing compared to the genuine trackpoint

>mac level trackpad
trackpads are a meme

>10hr battery
everyone claims 10 hr battery, just some get there legitimately and some chate

>Win7 and Linux support
like pretty much any business laptop

>fast charging
what does this even mean, my smaller thinkpads charge super fast with a 90w adapter

>brand new
and this is necessarily a perk?

>$400
oh this is the part where i'm supposed to get it's a troll right

latitudes were not heavy metal since the early 2000s, it varied. I had a D630 and E6400 and both were dogshit

the D630 roasted themselves, dell replaced initially then did mandatory bios updates that made the fans go crazy to delay the failure of the nvidia discrete graphics until after warranty. the thermal consequences caused massive throttling.

the e6400 were also inadequate thermally and had shit hinges, a shit keyboard, etc

Latitudes are shit and i have used more recent latitudes (can't recall the model, but a customer gave me a latitude in 2014). it was somewhat better, but it was not an equal to most thinkpads (SL series is not really a thinkpad) in build quality.

OP, i'm sorry to say it, but your dell is no match for my dell.

I don't think the cheapest model is even close to $400, they start around 600, and the standard display is 1366x768...

it looks decent, nice and clean. I like the keyboard better than my mbp I guess.

some are conifgured with only one ram slot like the one in pic related.

Can you change the processor or it's another shit with the cpu soldered to the socket?

What model is that?

>chicklet keys
into the trash it goes

Their consumer laptops are chintzy walmart level garbage, but the Latitude line has always been nice.

>10hr battery life
So like 4.5 hours of actual use. Call me when anyone makes something comparable to an x260.

you didn't give us any product info, but judging by the "dell e5470" in your filename, i found this

dell.com/ca/business/p/latitude-e5470-laptop/pd?s=bsd&oc=cto02ue547014uscaf&dgc=ST&cid=31209&lid=5736658&acd=1230881384501410&ven1=st8gVNLUS&ven2=,

now, as you can see, it is over $1000. also known as a complete ripoff. idk where you got $400.

>Call me when anyone makes something comparable to an x260

>x260: Memory: 4096 MB , DDR4-2133, 1/1 Slots occupied

>1/1 slots

LMAO

Yeah that sucks but if you need more memory the t460 has 2 while having slightly more weight and less battery life.

Dell is the best I've dealt with in the workplace. I like my x200 but I fucking hate lenovo and their website.

>Mac level trackpad
want to give me more reasons to never consider Dell?

>x260
>check reviews
>pic related

nah, I'm good, thanks.

>fuckhuge bezels

Are you mentally retarded? What is it with kids these days wanting zero bezels anywhere on a display? Why has everyone fell for this bullshit gimmick?

*forgot pic

>upgrading RAM on a laptop in 2017 when it ships with 8-16 GB

Yeah because in 6 years time THAT will be the bottleneck in the system, not the processor or piss quality integrated graphics. You people are fucking retarded and don't know shit about computers, applying old outdated concepts anywhere without even thinking.

Bezels are wasted space that could be used to fit a larger display.

>that keyboard

the only way i would even CONSIDER switching from my thinkpad is if the keyboard was similar

>trackpads are a meme

What does that even mean?

I've used them on every form factor and brand of devices, and there's shittier trackpads and better ones, but they're all shit compared to a proper pointing stick or external mouse. macbooks included.

They're not 'wasted' space you dumbfuck teenager moron. They're necessary in most devices. It takes a lot to make a bezelless display, in the end, it just looks fucking weird.

>They're necessary in most devices.
Citation needed.
>in the end, it just looks fucking weird.
That's because you've gotten used to staring at screens with giant ugly bezels.

model?

>t460 has 2
XD no

If you can't do three finger gestures, you aren't multitasking and might as well do your computing on an abacus

>but they're all shit compared to a proper pointing stick or external mouse

That's a great opinion. You're trying to tell me that a fucking clitmouse is a better pointing device than a MacBook's trackpad. Are you absolutely delusional? That thing is the biggest piece of dogshit I ever had to use. It was technology around before people worked out how to make trackpads. They're much harder to have precise control over than any trackpad or external mouse, they're constantly fighting against your movement because they're fucking re-calibrating every 15 seconds and if you're unlucky enough to have a non-popular ThinkPad model the drivers are horseshit that will never get fixed. I was scared of using my one because for no reason during extended (3 minutes or more) use, it would suddenly snap to the top right corner, somehow make a click then close whatever application I'm in.

Go kill yourself you retarded doublenigger with Down's syndrome. I refuse to believe anyone seriously uses that crude defective by design bullshit pointing device.

>giant ugly bezels.

Never thought I'd see the day where Sup Forums becomes more faggot teenage girl than the Mac users they try to claim are such. First it was hating any external cables, now this shit.

kys

>First it was hating any external cables, now this shit.
When has Sup Forums ever hated cables?

Saw this notebook in the school.

Yes because this right here is such an improvement over a powerbook from 2003. Giant bezels are a waste of space in everything but a Toughbook or Getac.

benis