Ryzen review thread

Ryzen review thread part 2

post benchmarks, euroshit reviews, sucks for gaming, nobody encodes, housefires etc here

previous: pclab.pl/art72996.html

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_7_1800x_cpu_review/19
youtube.com/watch?v=V5RP1CPpFVE
hardware.fr/articles/956-22/retour-sous-systeme-memoire.html
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5x3y81/amd_suggested_that_we_test_the_cpus_with_a_gpu/
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06WP5YCX6/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
hwbot.org/submission/3473875_der8auer_cpu_frequency_ryzen_7_1800x_5802.93_mhz
purepc.pl/procesory/premiera_i_test_procesora_amd_ryzen_r7_1800x_dobra_zmiana?page=0,15
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oc3d:
overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_7_1800x_cpu_review/19

>ryzen
>barely beating the 7700k in MT
>b-but muh bang for the buck
>turns out it also has worse cost benefit

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

This is just too good. I don't think my sides can take it anymore.
My ribcage is literally in danger of bursting of laughter.

So, has anyone deactivated half of the cores, then go for OC and then do gaming benchmarks?

I am interested in that.
If it is the same as with all cores activated, then it's actually quite good.

It should further lower the powerconsumption.

Or did I miss something and the CPU automatically puts Core into Idle mode or even deactivating them?

>losing in Ashes of the Memegularity, the only game designed to work with 8 cores
>to the fucking 7700k
>to the fucking 7700k underclocked to 3.8ghz

Where were you when AMD is kill

keep in mind that many benchmarks are against unclocked intel K cpus which every sane person overclocks 500-1000mhz for 10-20% more performance AT LEAST

>comparing a mid-range chip to AMD's highest end chip in price/performance
not deceptively misleading at all

DELETE THIS

Gonna short AMD pretty soon.

Ryzen DoA. AMD is fucking finished now.

Absolutely hilarious. Ryzen is literally bulldozer 2.0.

from what ive read i dont think anyone has disabled cores in ryzen master yet, just gone for bios/mobo OC.

Where's the 8 machops?

Fuck Ryzen and Vega, 7700k and 1080 ti here I come

why on earth would you need such expensive hardware?

HAHAHA AMD FAG BTFO

All that money and waiting on your pre-order when you could of bought a 9590.

Turbo downclocks them I believe.

AMD customers, don't open this.
It's for your own mental safety.

Reading those benchmarks and I just think that whether I should buy an i7 7700k instead. Like, even an Ryzen 1700 costs USD355.54 while one 7700k costs USD328.23 in my hometown.
And even in 7zip compression/decompression and also Chrome HTML5 tests 7700k does better than an Ryzen 1800X, what the hell?
Don't know if the so-called SMT thing in Ryzen is problematic or what, but as I mainly game and onto Internet on PC maybe 7700k is a better choice. I quite regret spending a month waiting to see how Ryzen does, to be honest.

personally I would wait for coffeelake, intel is making 6-core desktop CPUs at regular consumer price points then

or wait a long time for 10nm desktop chips

Why on earth do you think everyone is a thrifty poorfag like you?

You mean to tell me that next year's product will be better than this year's?

Oh God, this is looking bad.

>comparing things that cost the same is unreasonable REEEEEEE

just shorted 100 shares

delete this

Ryzen IPC > Intel IPC

youtube.com/watch?v=V5RP1CPpFVE

R7 1800x costs ~$500
i7 7700K costs ~$350

You're retarded

wait im confused, is ryzen shit or good?

For any french fags out there:
hardware.fr/articles/956-22/retour-sous-systeme-memoire.html
Explanation of the shitty game benchmarks for ryzen.
TL;DR:
L3 cache behave in a new way and windows is not YET able to correctly handle that kind of cache

>trusting a retarded youtuber over many other legit sites that produced similar results

OK

The 7700K costs about $300 in my area and blows the 1800X the fuck out. What is your point?

>yeah well this is more expensive so it's okay that it's worse, stupid!
jesus christ you are dumb

it good in everything besides gaming though

the heck is wrong with SMT? disabling it apparently increases FPS drastically
and not everyone could OC their memory, guru3d says 3200 works fine, others can't go beyond 2666

>hey guys look at my overclock XD
>whats prime95 XDDDDDDDDDD

blunder of the century

i dont trust french people

>Why on earth do you think everyone is a thrifty poorfag like you?
I'm not poor, I just don't see the point in spending thousands on a computer when something less than a thousand will suffice

oh wait you're one of those gamers aren't you
grow up

Way completely miss my original point.

it good for work, it's same as 4790K for gaming

>Value 1.296V
>Min 0.408V

Means it's on offset-voltage, meaning that it was under load at the time that photo was taken.

It's as good as Intel's 8 core chips basically. Shills are shitting on it by comparing it to 4 core chips.

>Way completely miss my original point.
Then please articulate it instead of just throwing around petty insults and being a jackass in general.

Bottom line:
price
performance in various applications

In this case, the 7700k beats the 1800X for almost half the price. Deal with it.

The problem is clearly the memory controller.

It's the bottleneck.

But you trust broken benchmarks?

Depends on your perspective.

>reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5x3y81/amd_suggested_that_we_test_the_cpus_with_a_gpu/
LOL
>inb4 reddit

3.9ghz Ryzn 1700 vs 5ghz Kaby Lake 7700k.
Ryzen does admirably in well threaded titles.

Nothing but launch teething issues going on right now, so shills are desperately shitposting.

A victim cache isn't a new thing.
Whats new is that DRAM is the LLC in Zen. It greatly benefits from high bandwidth and tight timings.
The system memory latency was addressed in a BIOS update last night, for ASUS at least, but they messed something up and auto voltage levels increased. Everyone will be adding an addendum, or a follow up review to their original articles in a few days or following weeks. Board vendors still have to sort out BIOS.

Compare the i7 7700K and the R7 1700 dumbass. They're the same price. That's a more fair comparison, though they still have completely different intended workloads.

Literally the only benchmark showing such a result, and probably due to Intel doing some shady shit with the program.

again? and apparently if you put it in high power mode it runs better, also better fps without SMT
everyone reporting different stats all over

the heck is going on?
I do not want to buy 7700K, i'd rather wait when my 2600 dies.

seems like everything else on that thing is better than the ryzen including the cheaper 7700K

6900k also loses to 7700k while costing twice as much as r7

but it isn't competing with the i7700k. It's an 8 core prosumer chip. It isn't a gaming chip.

And?

doesn't look that way, bandwidth is 50gb/s, latency? it's not that much bigger to cause that worse performance in games

>Compare the i7 7700K and the R7 1700 dumbass. They're the same price

>Compare the i7 7700K and the R7 1700 dumbass. They're the same price
>the 1800X is clocked higher but loses to the 7700K
>so you should look at the 1700, which is even slower
really activated my almonds

>Coffeelake
>6-core desktop Intel CPUs at regular consumer price points
Nah, Intel is known for that enormous Shlomoric spirit deep inside its soul. And I doubt whether a so-called "15% perf improvement" over Kaby Lake can be achieved, with referring to many Skylake vs. Kaby Lake comparisons.
Maybe Skylake-X could bring us some surprise, but with this time's AMD's colossal failure... I shouldn't have high expectations of Intel's HEDT platform becoming cheaper by even just one cent and go straight to Z270 instead.
>10nm desktop chips
I won't wait for another long period. My Phenom II x6 can't quite keep up and I need an up-to-date chip to let me game harder on my PC.

>disabling SMT apparently increases FPS drastically
Sauce, please? Because in some game benchmarks I've read (I forget the name of the reviewer) and the increase is quite close to nil.

>same as 4790K for gaming
>what AMDrones actually believe
Most game benchmarks show it's doing worse than the 4790k, which is a fucking 3 year old i7. Ryzen is literally fucking nothing.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06WP5YCX6/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

SAY IT WITH ME Sup Forums:

B L U N D E R
O F
T H E
D E C A D E

gamers nexus, min fps jumped 30-35%

hardware unboxed says that gta5 sometimes stutters with i7, but doesn't with 1800x

reviews are all over the palce

The chart is about Price/Performance. The higher up you go the more money you have to pay to increase your performance numbers. This is not hard.

Are people on Sup Forums really so retarded to compare R7 to Intel's 4 core CPU instead of their 6 and 8 core X99 processors? I expected Sup Forums to be retarded but I didn't expect it from here.

B L U N D E R
O F
T H E
D E C A D E

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look: if you spend an extra $800 on a machine you use for four years, it comes out to around 50ยข per day. That's less than what it would cost to feed an African child and as a bonus you get a bunch of dead nigger kids

see And?

do you have a point to make or not

>Implying it's not shills Intel has sent fearing for their now proven retarded profit margins.

Gotta keep that Jewish milk flowing

it's about price ball park now, it's retarded yes, but the dream was to have 6700k gaming perf. and 6900k work perf. for $400.
we almost got it.

give it a few BIOS/Windows patches and I think it'll get there. Most are reporting weird results relating to the new uArch.

this remind me that 1700 not x has exactly the same gaming performance as 1800x
and 6800 work performance

but I've read only 5 reviews might be wrong

reputation is soiled though, gaming crowd is stupid they can't adapt to new reality in few weeks
it's forever launch day for them as demonstrated by 480

So you've run prime95 for at least 12hrs to prove the overclock is stable?

Yes the worst case people as posting. Other times you will be gpu bottnecked. 1800x and 1700x are not good gaymen CPUs.

>Are people on Sup Forums really so retarded to compare R7 to Intel's 4 core CPU instead of their 6 and 8 core X99 processors? I expected Sup Forums to be retarded but I didn't expect it from here.

>If you buy a $300 7700K that beats a $500 1800X, you're retarded
If you kill your enemies, they win

So, it's just another bulldozer then? Fucking really?

>$300 7700K that beats a $500 1800X, you're retarded
7700K is 100% behind in work loads

but it isn't a gaming chip.

It's a prosumer chip. Who gives a fuck what gamers think?

If all you do is play video games get an i7 7700K.

If you do stuff like video production, encoding, compiling, or whatever other workstation tasks there are then R7s are a great deal. They can run games they just don't perform ideally.

welcome to new reality when gaymers matter

less than that actually, not disagreing with your point, just your numbers

Buldozer couldn't keep up against a locked i5. Those low clocked ryzen 7 does pretty well against unlocked i7s.

hwbot.org/submission/3473875_der8auer_cpu_frequency_ryzen_7_1800x_5802.93_mhz

5.8ghz on LN2.

>If all you do is play video games get an i7 7700K.
may as well stay on 2500k or 2600 then

So I read throught Gamers Nexus' Ryzen reviews a bit. And yeah, 1%/0.1% FPS got improved when SMT disabled. But still i7 7700k does better than it by an obvious perf margin.
Maybe we can be a bit optimistic/objective to say that SMT in Ryzen is quite buggy, at least in real games.

>If you do stuff like video production, encoding, compiling, or whatever other workstation tasks there are then R7s are a great deal. They can run games they just don't perform ideally.
so it's the AMD FX-8350 all over again?

but you dont seem to grasp the severity
the 1800x gets obliterated by garbage tier i3s

purepc.pl/procesory/premiera_i_test_procesora_amd_ryzen_r7_1800x_dobra_zmiana?page=0,15

the 7700k will win in real world multitasking and gaming, these benchmarks even compare the 7770k unclocked which does 5ghz+ on air easily

I love how Sup Forums goes from 95% gamers to 50% work station users whenever AMD releases a new chip

>A victim cache isn't a new thing.
That's not the point.
A splitted L3 is a "new" thing or atleast not the traditional way of doing it.
Each core can access the differents L3 caches which result in higher latencies.
It's a kinda hybrid L3 cache.
There is NO software atm that handle that kind of thing correctly.

>high power mode it runs better
An higher frenquency is generally better
>also better fps without SMT
more L3 cache for each core

>the heck is going on?
AMD fucked up hard on the driver part as usual.

I'm a developer, after reading benchies I ordered my 1800x. I don't wanna spend 1300 on CPU + mobo for 8c/16t but I spent 650 on the combo. Was a no brainer.

Not really. The 8350 has garbage single thread performance.
the Ryzen chips merely have 'good' single thread performance

>the heck is wrong with SMT? disabling it apparently increases FPS drastically
could it be a windows thing? for example game using two threads for bulk of the processing and windows pushes those two to thread1 and thread2 without taking account that those two are on the same physical core.

without setting the windows10 "high perforormance" mode it fucks up the boosting at least

I really wanted it to work for AMD. To be honest it has worked. They exceeded their 40% IPC goal and once again have relevant cpus. However the price now is an issue. That will become better though if we have $130 r3 4c chips that can compete with $250-$350 Intel chips at gaming.

For now though outside of primarily work station use they aren't a great value. Think I'm going to grab a 7700k to retire my fx8350

Bulldozer had scheduler problem initially, I'm thinking this is probably the same issue. Difference is with Bulldozer the extra cores were actual cores so there wasn't a huge performance difference before and after. With Zen the SMT threads are simulated, there's no extra hardware core to pick up the slack so there's a performance hit instead.

The youtuber actually had ingame footage of FPS and core usage. And his results are similar to some others.

>not grabbing an R5 1600x which will clock a bit higher than the 1800x but have 2 less cores

any fallout 4 benchmarks?

its not looking good atm

Prime is largely irrelevant for Intel CPUs post-Haswell. You can pass your vaunted 12h p95 test and crash in a game in less than 20m.