You're going to buy the new BlackBerry, right Sup Forums?

You're going to buy the new BlackBerry, right Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/M66B/NetGuard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah, Nokia 6.

If I wanted a government issued tracking device, I'd buy a classy iPhone.

Nah, Samsung S8 Edge

It's but a rebranded chinkphone.

Into the trash it goes.

Yes. I like the keyboard.

BlackBerry is clearly the superior choice in 2017

I'm going to stick with my Priv for the time being.

Prefer the Dtek60

Do you find yourself experiencing all of the problems people claim the Priv has? I have a Classic and there are reviews from two years ago that claim all sorts of problems that I'm not experiencing at all.

With no trackpad and being a full Android, It is basically like every other shitty phone on the market. I'll stick with my Classic.

Nope. Sticking with my shitty HTC One A9 with the unlocked bootloader and no dev support.

Not sure where you heard that, the keyboard doubles as a trackpad. Like you swipe across the keyboard and whatnot.

he never answered because the phone is bootloopingg, apps are crashing or he doesn't have a network connection.

>they mistakenly put the keyboard on vertically AGAIN

Probably, unless the Xiaomeme Keks 2 is announced soon, because its just so hard to resist that thin bezeled, 6.4" screen

Do Blackberries ever get custom ROMs?

what does it mean?

It's certainly on my list as a phone to replace my old ass Galaxy S3. It has Nougat on it but it's slow as fuck for web browsing and even simple tasks.

getting my review model next week
I'm actually considering maining one if its good. Physical keyboard, fingerprint scanner, type c, good battery life. It sounds good but I'll have to see whether it lives up.
I'm still sold the idea of sliding keyboards but they need to engineer it better, something that probably won't happen, especially these days.

I miss my Bold 9700. Nostalgia almost makes me want to get this

>no BB10OS
Nah

i know, the Priv and Passport have it. It functions like shit compared to a trackpad. The bigger point i was trying to make is that Blackberry had something with BB10 and abandoned it to some dumb ass gook CEO.

Nope, as far as I know you can't even root them

Every bb phone in last 5 years

>make new phone, design is nice, keyboard is comfy
>fuck up your phone in europe with price of 1.5x sgs/iphone while hw is worse than in sgs/iphone
>4 months later read another news "bb 0.00% marker share

I think they are doing it on purpose, because you can not be that retarded.

Oh damn that looks sexy as fuck. Still my favorite phone ever was my treo 700w, I mean the software totally sucked compared to today but the physical phone was great. Battery lasted for like a week and the keyboard was amazing. Fuck typing all of this from this iPhone.

Not that guy but I have a Priv as well, have had it since the thing launched. I don't know what issues people claim it has, but I've never had any major problems with the thing. My only real complaint is that the keyboard isn't all that great, just makes me miss the old Motorola Droid form factor even more.

no, my old one is working fine.

HOT

TACTILE KEYBOARDS ARE BASED

EVERYTHING IS A SLAB THESE DAYS, BORING DESIGN

My Classic works just fine

This guy gets it

If they expanded Blackberry Blend to the new phones it might help them but they went full Hiro and you never go full Hiro.

BlackBerry Blend doesn't even work with the Android models? Jesus, BlackBerry, what the hell are you doing?

>no sliding landscape keyboard
>no root
Trash. Fuck bb.

>landscape keyboard
BlackBerry doesn't need to cater to your shit opinions.

they're hardened so any exploit that would let you install a custom ROM (or even root) is patched or very hard to find.

>buying a phone from a company that hands over private encryption keys to the canadian law enforcement

nty

Same guy from All I ever experience is overheading, but that's really just from when I am video calling my girlfriend with it charging at the same time.

None of that shit has ever happened to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the phone is prone to any of that, seeing as it is a little sluggish. I don't use my phone all the time so it wouldn't eve bother me really.

Rooting a BB10 device is like someone from Sup Forums fucking a super model. I'm sure it could be done but it would take a lot of man hours and hard work to accomplish the task. Also to piss off everyone here I am posting from my Classic in desktop mode. I have finally divided by 0. Desktop on a mobile!

>the Mercury will be 600€
>the Priv is still 350€ used
>the affordable Classic/Passport are barely usable anymore because of lack of support

A phyiscal keyboard is a luxury I guess.

>desktop mode on a phone browser
You act like it's something special. Props on the Q10 though, it's my favourite phone.

BB10OS can run Android apps

>Lack of support
We just got a major update last month and at least one more.

But what about Whatsapp? Does it support all android apps? Does it get the updates for those android apps? Will it work indefinitely or could an update make them stop working any day?

Nah, because BB is shit

>But what about Whatsapp?
WhatsApp will work but BlackBerry Hub integration won't.
>Does it support all android apps?
It certainly doesn't support all of them but I've yet to try one that hasn't worked.
>Will it work indefinitely or could an update make them stop working any day?
I don't see BlackBerry going full Apple but you can always just disable automatic updates and wait to see how they turn out (that's how you should be doing it anyway)

It runs an sandbox version of Android runtime 4.3 without Google Play Sevices bot net. Why would you use facebook's whatsapp on a phone designed to have more security than iOS or Android and finally Blackberry's stop working when the hardware breaks.

>device you personally acquire
>government issued

>It runs an sandbox version of Android runtime 4.3

Do some android apps not work on older versions like with iOS?

Just because it's a secure phone doesn't mean all the owners' intents were for secure phones. WhatsApp's an IM client, you're limited to what friends use. That's why I stick to SMS, literally everyone has it.

Like most software, Android apps have minimum OS requirements. Last I checked most supported 2.3 and up but it's been a few years since I've paid any attention to Android.

What are these friend things you speak of?

I have the Priv. It's glitchy but I like the physical keyboard

>no root
>no adblock
You truly deserve the title of cuck

Losing root priviliges is well worth a physical keyboard and adblocking can be had without root.

nah not with sd625. if it had at least 820 i'd buy.

On my second priv. Dropped the first one on its screen. Neither were/are glitchy in anyway I've noticed. I got the BlackBerry hard case with the second one so it only gets slightly warm to the touch with no performance issues.

My LG V10 was really glitchy. Random pause all on screen movement and touch responses for half a second, app crashes, dat back light bleed from the second screen. I used it for a week before I got fed up and rolled the priv.

>new BlackBerry
Shit, I still haven't got the old one.

Most recent apps have a minimum of Lollipop.

If you want Android Wear then Marshmallow

i've never held a blackberry but

that keyboard looks impossible to use

No root so no

Why do people care so much about rooting? What's the big deal honestly?

Far better than any touchscreen keyboard

Just managed to buy a V20 in europe, so no. Fuck all other phones.

The people who want it now will want it always. Titanium backup, for a great example.

But that is objectively a better choice for android user. It doesn't sacrifice any screen real estate while allowing a full 4-5 row keyboard layout.

Sounds like the only one with shit opinions is you.

Portrait's objectively superior. The screen's tall instead of wide, which is better for reading text.

github.com/M66B/NetGuard
Rooting for adblock hasn't been a thing for a while now. The version on GitHub allows system-wide adblocking using a hosts file.

You can ignore my peeling screen protector, its been on there a year and looks like trash.

Blends Desktop App support was halted like 2 years ago. They are not issuing further updates so far as I know, and it indicates such on the BB website when you download blend that it has no expressed guarantee to work(as in its most likely older than the version that you can install from your phone).

the majority of apps that require newer versions of the OS need advanced location services or other services that instead of being handled third party are now integrated into the OS core.

Most apps work on 2.3 + unless its something specifically reliant on the new os core components, like android wear. Nothing I do requires the "newest greatest" OS, and my FitBit Works just dandy with my BB Q20. Firefox, Google Maps also works fine, etc etc.

I got an OTA about 3 weeks ago that was around 300MB, Among the security issues I know it was supposed to fix it also appears to have corrected the Android layer having a fit if you tried to remove apps.

That said I feel that BBOS10 is going to stagnate. There have been a few leaked silver passports and classics that were running android 5.0, but i think those were just internal testing platforms. Its just not likely that they would push out an entirely new OS to a phone they stopped making in may of Last year, that uses 2013 era hardware.

Jesus, that thing must be a fucking rock. Phablets are so uncomfortable to hold.

DELETE

That person has small hands, the BBclassic is a few mm Shorter and narrower than the otterbox Moto G first gen case.

Its a wide phone, and the square ratio screen makes it appear larger than it really is.

Its also not very heavy at 177g, about the same as a iphone 6s plus or a Galaxy 6

You want to talk about a big phone? Check the Passport out.

Someone hasn’t tried out Nintype / Keyboard 69

The photo doesnt do justice to it, because you dont see the bumps and ridges

Is it slow to add punctuation and accents on the keyboard?

No ads
Gravity box
Titanium backup
No ads
Pic related: my xposed modules

I don't own a Blackberry anymore so I dunno.

punctuation are added by the alt key+ letter that contains the symbol you need. Same as every other hardware keyboard phone.

Accented lettering takes about .5 second to bring up the menu, which is not really convenient or useful for non English languages.

On a Classic its as easy as a desktop keyboard.

Still runs Google Play Services, so ad blocking really is more of a keeping annoying ads from popping up as Google uses the build in service to sell your data to third party services. I would not expect in an upcoming update pop up adds in the actual OS and mandated by the EULA

I do not have gapps installed on my phone

Don't need to, onscreen keyboards are inherently shit.

Oh fuck, that sounds like major cancer for non-English languages. Don’t think I’ll get one then.