Reminder that if it weren't for one butthurt Frenchman we would all speak Esperanto as a second language and language...

Reminder that if it weren't for one butthurt Frenchman we would all speak Esperanto as a second language and language barriers would be close to nonexistent

story time pls

>After the Great War, there was a proposal for the League of Nations to accept Esperanto as their working language, following a report by Nitobe Inazō, an official delegate of League of Nations during the 13th World Congress of Esperanto in Prague.
>Ten delegates accepted the proposal with only one voice against, the French delegate, Gabriel Hanotaux.
>Hanotaux did not like how the French language was losing its position as the international language and saw Esperanto as a threat, effectively wielding his veto power to block the decision.

A couple other near misses include Soviet use until they declared it not communist, German use until Nazis declared it too communist, and Arabic use until Arabs declared it to Jewish

Sed tuto komencantis kun la francoj

Thank God
We all know it was gonna end up English anyway
Americans don't put up with that shit either

Esperanto is a meme globalist language and should stay there

>the proposal going through means it would have been implemented properly and everyone would follow

Thanks god

I think English is just a dialect of French, but at least is sounds nice...sometimes

Esperanto is just stupid and ugly

>the proposal going through means that it would stay forever the main langauge of global politics
>the proposal going through would stop English being the dominate langauge of pop culture

Just like french, I mean French.

English is Germanic with a lot of borrowed words from French. Its softer though so I can see how its more like a romance language in terms of sound.

this gets thrown around a lot but this time i mean

you are a fucking idiot

No need to be upset, John Kurwaski

There is not a group I hate more than linguists and their memes

Good.

Esperanto is a jewish language spoken only by commies and traitors.

op's not a linguist, there's no legitimate linguist on earth who thinks esperanto isn't a complete fucking joke

Only thing a frog did right.

who gives a shit esperanto genuinely sounds like shit

I hope you spent a lot of time studying that useless garbage

>political language equals popular language
No.

I don't see the problem desu

just shut the fuck up

>we would all speak Esperanto as a second langauge

thats so french