I want Sup Forums to leave

>post gaming benchmarks to prove how much nvidia and intel is btfod
>amd shit comes out and gets destroyed in gaming benchmarks
>amd fanboys cant stop whining

Rekt

>Caring about gaymes

>says the weeb animecuck

Right

What the hell else would you need all that excessive performance for? High dimensional multiconfigurational quantum dynamics?

im willing to bet that at least 75% of people interested in building a PC and looking at Ryzen care about game performance

Simulations?
Emulators?
Code compiling?
Virtual machines?

I do audio and video processing, excel sheets, and Matlab work for my lab. All the games I play are either optimized like shit or old. Ryzen sounds good for me.

waifu2x for non cuda users

or im not actually sure it scales good with more cores, does anyone know?

The difference is marginal... But the cost efficiency is really appealing

>hurr you don't need a good CPU because [shitty casual game title] doesn't need more

You mean 15 fps behind CPUs $200 cheaper :)

Why is the 6900k beating the 6900x?

Sup Forums is a jewish board

The number's a lot higher than that, I'm sure.

i know rite? just waiting for a mini-itx board now so I can order one.

>code compiling
>virtual machines
okay I maay be spoiled in that regard but what the fuck do you have to be compiling in a regular basis that a machine from 2010 can't handle in a minute? Let alone how damn efficient VM stuff has gotten

emulators I can understand, and simulations is a pretty broad term.

audio and video processing are not my forte, but my experience in terms of numerics has been that investigating matters of efficiency that don't bring up something close to a factor of 2 is not worth looking into. I tend to just throw problems that need such computation power on a cluster and be done with it

I'm currently working wit some legacy spaghetti code and it takes up to a minute to compile.
I may be the spoiled one for finding it annoying.
Virtual machines... I trew that out there without thinking too much.

Emulators were the real thing annoying me though.
In another project I'm working on I'm using some emulated android and it takes so long to fire up.

Multi-tasking. I have a stupid datacenter CPU, and while its single core performance is horrendous for gaming, I can still play games at 60 FPS or above and at the same time I play a game such as GTAV, I can still do anything I want with the computer because I have no shortage of CPU performance. A quad core, even with 8 threads will be pressed pretty hard by GTAV - I only use like 20% of my CPU.

It's pretty nice.

>what the fuck do you have to be compiling in a regular basis that a machine from 2010 can't handle in a minute
Unreal Engine

>legacy spaghetti code
you have my utmost sympathy, I hate dealing with that kinda shit.
The emulator thing i can understand.
That's of course the best case, no need to upgrade at all. Honestly I find upgrading rarely worth the hassle.