It's not as good in gaming

>it's not as good in gaming

No shit, it's an 8 core 3.6GHz CPU going against a 4 core 4.2GHz CPU

Did you morons actually need "reviews" to figure that out?

Also buying a $400+ CPU for "gaming" is about as retarded as you can get when there's shit like the i5 availabe for almost half with no performance loss.

I guess the Xeons are "bad" too cause they suck at gaming, right?

The R7 1800x is a top of the line workstation CPU. For that it absolutely kills Intel in every regard. Outperforming Intel's top chip for less than half the price.

For all you gaming manchildren the R5 and R3 line will come soon enough, with lower core count and higher clocks.

Buying an 1800x for gaming and then complaining about it is like buying a Ferrari and complaining it doesn't get good MPG.

You dumbass shills need to fucking off yourselves.

>le megahurtz maymay

It demolishes Intel's workstation parts while being merely 'good' at single threaded performance.

>b-but muh twitch streaming
>muh content creation
>my adhd....i mean multitasking

You can tell the Jewtel overlords have been hard at work when every single "review" site is suddenly only interested in GAMING performance.

Never mind that for actual working adults it obliterates Intel for less than half the price. No, that is irrelevant according to """tech journalists""". What matters is that it gets 10FPS less in 5 year old games. That's the gold standard.

Wait, if talking workstations, why is Xeon still not the best? Sure, it isn't bang for your buck faster, but it is still faster and some workstations may want the most optimal results out there.

The 1700, 1700X, and 1800X are the same fucking chip. Silicon lottery is the biggest Ryzen meme of all. If 70 dollars more only gets you 100 to 200 more megahertz, I'm getting a 1700 next month. Hopefully by then the dumbass L3 and SMT bugs are ironed out. I'm pretty happy with most of what I'm seeing, at any rate.

The 1700 has a much lower TDP and uses the worst chips so you'll get very low OC out of it.

The 1700x is the sweet spot. It's the same thing as the 1800x with slightly lower clocks.

Bullshit, I've seen people talking about 1800X barely getting to 4.1 and the 1700 consistently getting to 3.8-3.9. 1700X would necessarily have to be between that, and that's a total waste of money.

hey dipshit if it's not a gaming CPU why was it marketed as one?

I'm curious too. What's AMD's response to Xeon?

It obviously can do gaming just fine and in real world use there is no difference between it and Intel.

As always, unless you're playing at 320x160, the GPU will hit the bottleneck way before the CPU ever gets there. I saw a benchmark with everything at ultra 1080p in The Division and the CPU was sitting at 50% while the GPU was at 95%.

CPUs are fucking irrelevant when it comes to gaming in real world conditions they never actually hit their cap.

But if you're buying it exclusively for gaming and then complaining about it then you're a fucking moron who deserves to lose his money.

Opterons are launching Q2

I'm not disagreeing with you and I will be building a Ryzen (either workstation or server) in the near future. My point is that all these amd fan boys are now crying out about how "they aren't gaming cpu's" but they were marketed as gaming CPU's. I actually can into computers so I know that a game isn't going to utilize more than a few cores and that GPU's are the workhorse of games.

My point still stands to anyone claiming it isn't a gaming CPU.

>why is Xeon still not the best
it is basically
Ryzen is more of a prosumer CPU aka gaming + work
same with intel's X99 E CPUs
if need a pure workstation CPU buying anything other than a xeon is retarded. Well at least until zen server CPUs come out.

server CPUs
AMD's 1P server platform has always been considered workstation tier

I make movies and I game

Did I dun goof by getting the Ryzen 1700x?

You did good unless you game at 640x480

If you didn't fall for the 1800X meme, you're good to go. Gaming performance will probably go up with patches.

Yes. For encoding you get better than 6950X performance for less than half the price.

For gaming you're getting the same performance as any other modern CPU.

just give it up aymd autismos, you lost AGAIN

It's not a work station part, its babbbys first work pc at best.

Workstations have ecc

to be fair during that press event they were mostly promoting it as a gaming + streaming CPU.
the only game where they actually showed it off was running 4k and obviously was mostly GPU bottlenecked.

But most AM4 motherboards are also ECC compatible.

PLEASE SIR, BUY R7 RYZEN. MY FAMILY IS STARVING. THIS IS LIKE BENGAL FAMINE, INTEL IS WORSE THAN BRITISH. PLEASE HELP US.

Who do you think buys AMDs? Maybe a handful of workstations, but mostly it's budget-conscious gamers. That's where there is money to be made and if the core is no good for gaming then it barely even has a niche.

This is basically all that needs to be said till the r5 6 cores come later for better gaming

Y u so mad

>Did I dun goof

Look at the picture and you tell me.

What AMD has accomplished here is monumental. I don't think there has ever been a point in the history of CPUs that a new product has come out that offers so much power for so little money.

If it was an Intel you'd be hearing all of the tech industry gush about it, but because it's AMD all you here about is shills shilling about 5FPS in dumb game benchmarks.

Unless you are streaming... in which case you can easily hit 100% CPU usage.

>I didn't even look to see that all ryzen cpus and almost all mainboards have ecc support

You gotta shill better, shlomo

Buh-buh muh gaems.

Naples

>Budget conscious gamers
Exactly, which is what the R5 and R3 is for. What kind of budget conscious gamer spends more than $300 for a CPU?

oooooh baby, those delicious tears of yours

SO tasty

Yeah I googled a bit around and found that it wouldn't go above 1.6Ghz in a normal setting, which is clearly server oriented. I'm just wondering if there will be alternatives to Xeon for my use case where I develop for real time 3D engines and medical simulation.

Another AMDrone, look they playing battlefield 1 and streaming at their booth , fuck off with its not ment for gaming when they AMD are promoting it for that purpose

>g-gaming doesn't even matter!
>g-grow up!

It's always funny when AMD pajeets don't even realize that it's those gaymers who actually keep AMD afloat.

This

>For all you gaming manchildren the R5 and R3 line will come soon enough, with lower core count and higher clocks.

No, the 1600X also clocks to 3,7Ghz max.

Those chips are no good for overclocking unless you use LN2 and go for 1,5V voltage.

Absolutely

Without all the deals in the console market, AMD would be long dead.

You know this because your dad works for AMD right?

1700 and 1700x are 1800x chips that didn't come out of the fab well enough to meet the 1800x standards. Made on same wafer i assume, same fab same process. Just poorer quality chips. So I reckon you get all the bells and whistles of an 1800x, just lower clockspeeds.
Unlike Intel chips where different ones come with different built-in graphics