Ryzen flopped

>ryzen flopped
>Skylake is still relevant
Thank fuck
I only built this rig 6 months ago

Welcome in the club brother. This CPU is truly fucking incredible.

>Year of AMD

lmao.

>Skylake is still relevant

If your goal is to play childrens' video games and nothing else, yes.

As opposed to watching anime and ricing linux for good boy points on your favorite shitposting board?

No need for riding that high moral horse of yours. Nobody believes you're doing anything useful with your life for a minute. After all you're stuck here forever.

>tfw now I dont regret buying a 7500 coming over from a phenom 965 since strongest stuff I do is gayming

>tfw 4790k

Looks like I'm stuck with for you for three more years.

You're projecting your own life onto me, friend. Sadly, I don't have a folder full of frog reaction images.

Good luck with your video games!

Boasting your ego by gloating in made up life stories is as sad and pathetic as projecting user.

Dumb frogposter.

>Sadly, I don't have a folder full of frog reaction images.

no sadly you're missing out

Please guys, go back to Sup Forums.

>26c

Is your CPU cooler a literal fridge?

Fuck u nigga

We Sup Forums now

>didn't fall for the "wait for Zen" meme
>didn't fall for the 16GiB ram meme
>didn't fall for the K CPU meme
Feels good.

Be an intel shill.
Benchmark games with GPU drivers optimized for Bulldozer.
Claim Ryzen sucks for gaming.

Fuck, they're trying EVERYTHING.

Skylake thread?

Jesus, it's as good as a 7700k for cheaper?

Plus it destroys it outside of games?

I N T E L O N S U I C I D E W A T C H

But you fell for w10, and you are using HDMI audio out? And only a 500gb SSD for all your storage? U a fool

So what did I miss gents? Ryzen not good for games but good for overall work in comparison to intel?

L M A O

XPOWER GAMING ULTIMATE TITANIUM PLATINUM XXXTREME, 32gb of RAM, 9tb of storage, wtf nigga explain urself

Good for workloads, yes.
With the caveat that if you have CUDA/OpenCL, it matters less. And if you are the kinda guy to render, you definitely have CUDA/OpenCL.

>XPOWER GAMING ULTIMATE TITANIUM PLATINUM XXXTREME
Bought it for looks.

>32gb of RAM
It was on sale for $70 on Black Friday.

>9tb of storage
Chinese cartoons and movies.

Yeah pretty much. Over 1080p everything haswell and better is the same anyway.

Ah I see, thanks. I render every now and then, but I think I can manage it. Will check some more benchmarks but I like the sound of not needing a power plant next door.

Is that odd? My i5-6500 stays around 20-22 idle

Nice drives. I might upgrade to a i7-6700k in the near future.

>cucked with a 4c/4t CPU on a dead-end board

I sure hope you are well endowed.

Flopped? i7 6900k is dead. That was the target of the R7.

R5 is going to kill the 7700k in terms of price/perf. No one in their right mind is buying an 8c/16t for muh gaymen. 7700k beats Intels octa cores but they aren't flops (albeit the price is a flop),

j-j-j-just wait until AMD's next processor, surely it will BTFO Intel this time

LMFAO

>muh octa-core gaming

Go post the workstation benchmarks. keep in mind the 50% cost as well. Oh, and don't forget to kys.

>R7 1700 vs 7700k
>same price
>Same game performance at non retard resolutions
>Better workstation performance
>ECC MEMORY SUPPORT (If you don't know why that's great just off yourself right now).
>double the cores and threads
>Lower TDP
>Much better upgrade path

Realy make u think

I legitimately don't need more than 500gb. I can only play a handful of games at a time, and pictures and music don't take up much space. All my video is streamed. Windows 10 has given me no technical problems and I'm not really protecting my privacy that much by using older versions of Windows. I'd take dx12 over trying to keep what anime I watch secret from Microsoft.

>DUDE KEKOLDING LMAO
By the time I'd benefit from having 8 cores, it'll be time to upgrade anyways.

>By the time I'd benefit from having 8 cores, it'll be time to upgrade anyways.

Why not 6 cores? Why not 4c/8t? The benefits in DX12 games for more threads are already there. You've got two years tops before you need to start dialing back friendo. 4c/4t has no future, just like dual-core.

>tfw 4770k

Because there aren't many six core CPUs in that price range, and an i7 is overkill for me. Hyperthreading just makes the core work on two tasks half as hard, so the performance increase isn't a lot.

I have work now, bye.

>tfw 2550K
I bottleneck anything higher than 480/1060.

Really? Over clocked too?

>I have work now, bye.

Well, I suppose you do need a good work ethic to afford that upgrade next year. Godspeed user.

4790k master race.

Pretty much.
Of course, if I put in a 1070 there would be an improvement, but at that point, the CPU starts really holding the GPU back.

>Do mostly compiling, programming on my machine
>Ryzen faster and cheaper than Intel for this purpose
>All these Sup Forums faggots are laughing because their Intel-optimised games do better on Intel hardware

Honestly, just stay in this place isn't for you. I'm going to buy Ryzen eventually, when I feel this machine is going to give up.

I canceled my R7 1700 preorder and bought an i7-6700k today instead, did I do good Sup Forums?

yes goyim, very good

Allow me to introduce the standard question now posed with the new market choices:

"That depends on your use case".

Mainly video games, sorry in a advance for enjoying a children's hobby

If you only do gayming your fine even with an i5

Truth be told, if you're looking to maximize your dollar's reach regarding videogames, you probably don't even need a 6700K, though it definitely allows you greater longevity in the platform.

idle temps are irrelevant. Just depends where you live and what the ambient air temperature of the room is.

Run your computer idle in an 30C room and your idle temps will be above or at 30C.

You can't cool something below the temperature of the air being used to cool it.

>not living on the north pole
casual

oh, okay, so i did do good then~! going back to Sup Forums now, thanks Sup Forums!

It's even horrible in Photoshop

It's getting beat by a CPU that is $160 cheaper

Ryzen is just a flop all around

I see the overclocked $1000 6900k does wonderful as well, it's almost as if a few out of the dozen photshop tests are single thread bound or something.

>tfw i3 2120
I-is it time to upgrade boys?

And it still beats the $1000 6900k.

lol.

Yeah. Buy an i5 my dude

You can cherrypick better benchmarks than those that make the $1000+ Intel prosumer lineup look retarded.

Is my i3 bottlenecking my r9 270? I'm too poor upgrade both

They're both shit, upgrade either and you're bottlenecking the other no matter how you cut it.

Get an i5 and 1060 or 1070 after the price cut

I've never had an nvidia card, has AMD fallen behind?

Everyone acting like it's a second Bulldozer baka

For 1080p, RX 480 is the value champion.

Well recommends 1070 which is 40% faster than anything AMD has to offer with the exception of outdated Fury X which is around 10% behind.

So is the 6900K. Your point? Lol

I'm happy with my build

I needed a new PC bad, so I just went ahead with it during the holidays. Barely even been caring about Ryzen or whatever Intel released since.

If you're targeting 1080p, the 1060 is better at DX11, and the 480 is better at DX12.
Above 1080, it's all NVIDIA.

I run 1440p, I also emulate pretty often.

uh huh

Post the multi-game averages, hardware unboxed does them.

>thought i'd jumped the gun too early on buying a new pc
>ryzen turned out to be another massive disappointment
Feels vindicated man

Then you need a 1070. I am fairly certain 1440p is a meme though, unless you're rich as fuck.

Do you need more than 4 cores, user?

If no, don't get the ryzen.

This is pretty simple stuff.

>You can't cool something below the temperature of the air being used to cool it.

Shit I shouldn't have fallen for this meme.

>upgraded i7 920 to Xeon X5680 from ebay for a few buckaroos
>overlocked to 4.2Ghz scores almost twice the physics points on firestrike
>still bottlenecked by my 1070 on most games

wake up sheeple, intel has been selling you the same processor for 9 years

Can Xeons overclock? I thought enterprise chipsets don't support that.

GTX 1070 or 1080. 480 won't cut the mustard, unless you start turning settings down.

The point is that the 7700k is a way better CPU for almost everything

It's both cheaper and faster.

>Still using Ivy Bridge
I'll keep waiting for that next upgrade.

uh huh

That is active cooling. I would assume the other poster was referring to passive.

>16gb meme
I'm using 8gb of ram at nearly all times.

Besides actual work.

But hey gamers gonna game, probably not on a $500 CPU

>Intel fags know that, but just don't care.

>literally 2.5x faster in virtualization

Lol, this is more than just more cores, even 100% more cores don't give 100% more performance in the most linear of benches.

Evaporation is a lie. Wake up sheeple.

Wrong, even in most work applications Ryzen gets beat

See

ure on Sup Forums dude why are u not being productive, work slave?

Well i already run on medium low anyway, i don't really play many modern games.
Are SSDs still a meme? I feel like I would see the biggest performance boost with that.

I think you might have some regrets come R5, since you'll be able to get essentially a skylake i7 for less than the 6600k there. Probably a 6 core for the same price.

I almost got a 6600k on a newegg shell shocker, glad I didn't.

There's 18 tests the 1800x beats it, by something over 150%, you posted 2.

Start posting more.
Also that 6900k is hilarious.

Well then by that metric the 6900K is the worst processor ever lol

How is that use the AIR to cool anything?

>overclocking your $1000 CPU to compete with a stock $500 CPU

unlimited damage controlworks

SSD does nothing for in-game performance except load screens. It really helps with the general snappiness of your computer, though.

The 6900K is not good, just like Ryzen is not good

Both fail in the vast majority of applications, they are for very specific multi-threaded tasks only

Snappiness is probably more important to me. I have a 1TB but my boot drive is 11 years old, my other 1TB died after 2 years, fuck seagate.

Come on, get real

Never wait on anything AMD

They always disappoint