Everyone Hold Their Horses

youtu.be/G_6rs9cBzvE?t=687
>a UEFI update we got complete changed the parameters of testing
>For the next week, take the benchmarks with a huge grain of salt
>We've seen wild swings in performance with minor UEFI updates
There you have it. Don't base your opinions on skewed and in some cases even completely false benchmarks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXVIPo_qbc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would anyone buy AMD when intel is literally cheaper and doesn't have any of these issues?

Because Intel is prepared to fuck the consumer in the ass at every chance they get, and the only thing stopping them from doing so is AMD.

Oh yeah, just like Bulldozer's early benchmarks were invalid

Because AMD's attempting to pressure reviewers to only show gaming benchmarks at 4k was a very pro-consumer move.

And slylake, nehalem, and ivy bridge, and Haswell.

This is different. Wendel doesn't lie, and is unbiased.

wendell inclines to amd, his clone hates corporations and anti-consumer shit so he's the one you should listen.

Most of the benchmarks have had turbo disabled, they openly show this

>asrock
Isn't ASRock shit?

>wendell inclines to amd
He states in this video that upcoming Ryzen videos will be "emotion free", which can't be said for the rest of this board.

>his clone
who? Piston?

>it's okay when AMD does it

FUCKING UEFI MAKING MY CPUS SLOWER REEEEEEEEE

It's obvious there is some sort of issue, benchmarks are all over the fucking place.

Some boards are a lot better than others. Shows vendors are in different stages of BIOS development.

JEWTEL FAGGOTS BTFO

4D chess by AMD, Intel is shitscared now they thought they are safe first lel

probably depends more on when the reviewers did their benchmarks.
Some reviewer said he got an update on the very last day before the deadline. I bet a lot of reviewers were too lazy or pressed for time to do all their benchmarks again

Meanwhile Intel was pressuring reviewers to not post anything at all until Intel let them.

ASUS pushed out a BIOS update last night, and it fixed one thing, but fucked up another. A guy's 1700 jumped up to 1.4v~ at stock clocks after applying the update.
It'll take a little while for vendors to sort their shit out.

Just because AMD fucked up another release it doesn't mean their benchmarks are "false" you buttblasted shill.

Also AMD openly stated that there is nothing they can do about it and they will work on optimizing future games for their CPUS.

Their higher end boards are good.

>this damage control

Benchmarks were all over the place, something is not right

Sorry, but I am not fucking paying 360+ money to be a beta tester.

ANOTHER
MASSIVE
DISAPPOINTMENT

>Just because AMD fucked up
>AMD openly stated that there is nothing they can do about it
They didn't fuck up if is the issue is with BIOS vendor. And likewise, they can't do anything about it either.
>they will work on optimizing future games for their CPUS
This has to do with developers writing shitty code in regards to SMT.

Wendell is top tier

Did you pre-order?

If not congratulations, you passed the idiot test.

INTELFAGS BTFO

I prefer Piston boipucci.

Intel CPUs have had similar issues in the past. Nehalem had issues with hyper threading at fist, but it was fixed with updates to OS schedulers

which in the end would have been a profit for amd seeing how they fucked it up again

>fat
>beards
>glasses

why should I believe them

>they for some magical reason did not know of such an issue
i guess amd is not testing their cpus ?

you shitlord!

Dude AMD is fucking the consumer in the ass, read Gamers Nexus review

They literally rigged their benchmarks

>just wait for zen
>just wait for uefi updates
>just wait for OS optimizations
>just wait for games to use more than 4 cores
where does it end

Will they also release a UEFI update that makes those CPUs compatible with Windows 7?

Hopefully not.

i was just going to post something like this. why all these ""reviewers"" are white, fat, bearded, glasses wearing shitlords

are they cosplaying? is it a stereotype?

Intel had SMT issues too. Motherboard manufacturers chug out firmware updates quite regularly tho so I reckon this'll blow over in a couple of weeks.

>not knowing wendell
If there's any person on Youtube worth watching, it's him.

What's the likelihood of this happening?

>AMD targetted 40% IPC uplift over excavator
>Achieved ~52% uplift
>Ryzen has failed because it's what AMD said it would be

If you cannot separate shitposting from discussion, maybe is more your speed.

If games ARE your thing, then ok, in the majority of games tested, Ryzen is well within punching distance of the 7700k, other games it does tend to fall back a little, whether this is due to the BIOS problems we're seeing, or AMD's implementation of SMT not being fully supported by some games is yet to be seen, but that being said, the performance isn't exactly "poor" either. Yes, the 7700k wins by a fair margin in games like Tomb Raider - I'm seeing anywhere from 15, to 30fps lead on Ryzen, but at this point we're also up above 100fps, and there's a limited number of people with 144Hz monitors who are going to see that difference.

And then we look at rendering, encoding, compiling. And guess what. Ryzen demolishes everything that is priced within $700 of it. Which is to say, everything except the 6950x.

Just because you may not buy Zen, doesn't mean it's failed. AMD's success does not depend on you, or Billy-Joe who lives down the street. AMD is trading blows with Intel, while pulling less power, and putting out less heat, and offering more cores. These things matter to Enterprise customers, where the real money is.
A company can survive without the consumer market, look at IBM.

You want a solid look at how Zen will perform? Then give it 3 weeks for motherboard manufacturers to get their shit in order.
As per overclocking, remember how terrible Haswell and Devil's Canyon were for overclocking on launch, then look at them 3 months later when the node matured just that little bit more.

youtube.com/watch?v=BXVIPo_qbc4

>If there's any person on Youtube worth watching, it's him.

wrong

this honestly.

i wouldnt mind amdicklets killing themselves if it didnt mean jewintel doubling their prices overnight.

So this pretty much confirms the OP then? Intelfags on suicide watch

Saw that earlier. Unless he got luck and has a gold chip, the 1700 looks like the proc to get.

i'm not holding out too much hope. gamers nexus made a good point, AMD have obviously known about its comparatively poor gaming performance for a while judging by how they chose to present it at the ryzen tech day. i'll be patient for now but it won't surprise me at all if it's a fundamental flaw in the architecture.

uefi updates are already happening, several actually. new reviews are already showing ryzen doing much better

Oh, you mean the guy that made a fuss over being sued by Apple when in reality they just wanted to compliment him.

And Kaby Lake that fucking performed worse than Skylake in most benches.

This

Reading the Gamers Nexus review made me so fucking mad

Fuck AMD, they are literally trying to scam us

>new reviews
link?

Like the OP says, motherboard manufacturers were literally pushing out BIOS updates at the eleventh hour to reviewers that made huge differences in performance.

i never said it´s failed after all unlike the shills here i actually wait to see how successful a product will be before i call it a failure

>whether this is due to the BIOS problems we're seeing
i was obviously referring to this bios problems

AMD had to know that there is such a problem if they had tested the cpus with the motherboards
and if they had done this they could have had this fix out before people started to make benchmarks

but instead they just seem to not do any qc at all

and i certainly agree that the mb manufacturers fucked up but it is AMDs fault too for not making sure that they do their work properly on such a release

>why all these ""reviewers"" are white
How progressive of you.

is that way

>ANUS
Well, this is why you should never preorder this kind of stuff.

>Reading the Gamers Nexus review made me so fucking mad
>Fuck AMD, they are literally trying to scam us

now this is shitposting

>intel chip at 5 GHz and cores at full blast
>1700 at 3.9 GHz practicality idling while matching Intel

yes i know. im willing to be pleasantly surprised if there's (a lot) more performance to be had on the table. but the 1700 for example should be able to smash the 7700k, even with SMT disabled, if IPC were actually comparable in most use cases and if cinebench and handbrake weren't absolutely cherrypicked.

I really really like how Gamers Nexus has suddenly become THE end all be all in hardware reviews sites.

They aren't. Every other reviewer showed the same thing.

The difference is that Gamers Nexus showed how AMD was literally rigging their benchmark results.

"Rigging" by politely asking to include higher resolutions.

>i was obviously referring to this bios problems

>which in the end would have been a profit for amd seeing how they fucked it up again
>seeing how they fucked it up again
>they

You implied the product is at fault, not the tools which must be used in conjunction.
While AMD may have known the motherboards would have problems or not is up for speculation. Given the rapid developments in UEFI updates for Ryzen, I think speculation can go either way. AMD may have assumed that a suitable version would have been ready by launch day, or they are banking on Ryzen's raw performance to float them through the initial batch of benchmarks until they can convince enough people to retest on updates drivers.

QC can hardly be called into question, so far as the hardware is concerned, Ryzen isn't missing many beats, and shock horror, some people can shatter OC records, others have trouble hitting max on turbo, welcome to initial batches.

Neither AMD nor the vendors will step forward and say that they were the ones unprepared, should Zen have been slated for another week later, may have seen different results, but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week to let vendors catch up?

The problem with this is that there's some tests where performance literally does not make sense.

The biggest red light I saw is
A integer load like winrar, scoring so badly that even Bulldozer is better at it.
But then the next test, SHA2 another integer load literally obliterating even the $1000 Intel by 30%+

AMD should have extended the NDA for 2 weeks to fix these issues.

>but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week to let vendors catch up?

Right now it's not being particularly well received so yes. First impressions count. A lot of reviewers will simply refuse to retest even if they somehow manage to find 10% IPC hiding behind the sofa, and many average consumers who can barely be bothered to google a single benchmark will have completely written it off already.

Well, here's the answer for all of this, straight from the horses mouth in their Reddit AMA

>inb4 leddit

>"Rigging" by politely asking to include higher resolutions.

"At this point, you might be left feeling disillusioned when considering AMD’s tech demos. Keep in mind that most of the charts leaked and created by AMD revolved around Cinebench, which is not a gaming workload. When there were gaming workloads, AMD inflated their numbers by doing a few things:

In the Sniper Elite demo, AMD frequently looked at the skybox when reloading, and often kept more of the skybox in the frustum than on the side-by-side Intel processor. A skybox has no geometry, which is what loads a CPU with draw calls, and so it’ll inflate the framerate by nature of testing with chaotically conducted methodology. As for the Battlefield 1 benchmarks, AMD also conducted using chaotic methods wherein the AMD CPU would zoom / look at different intervals than the Intel CPU, making it effectively impossible to compare the two head-to-head."

>watching retards on youtube

get a load of this goy. i wasn't bitching anout they being white, but fay, bearded, glasses wearing stereotypes. they only need fedoras and there you go.

it doesnt matter to me if you are black, yellow, green, brown, or normal.

"And, most importantly, all of these demos were run at 4K resolution. That creates a GPU bottleneck, meaning we are no longer observing true CPU performance. The analog would be to benchmark all GPUs at 720p, then declare they are equal (by way of tester-created CPU bottlenecks). There’s an argument to be made that low-end performance doesn’t matter if you’re stuck on the GPU, but that’s a bad argument: You don’t buy a worse-performing product for more money, especially when GPU upgrades will eventually out those limitations as bottlenecks external to the CPU vanish."

The exact same thing happened with the 480, it was bad at launch but now it's better bang for buck than the 1060, and tons of reviews made follow up videos and reviews to that.

"As for Blender benchmarking, AMD’s demonstrated Blender benchmarks used different settings than what we would recommend. The values were deltas, so the presentation of data is sort of OK, but we prefer a more real-world render. In its Blender testing, AMD executes renders using just 150 samples per pixel, or what we consider to be “preview” quality (GN employs a 3D animator), and AMD runs slightly unoptimized 32x32 tile sizes, rendering out at 800x800. In our benchmark, we render using 400 samples per pixel for release candidate quality, 16x16 tiles, which is much faster for CPU rendering, and a 4K resolution. This means that our benchmarks are not comparable to AMD’s, but they are comparable against all the other CPUs we’ve tested. We also believe firmly that our benchmarks are a better representation of the real world. AMD still holds a lead in price-to-performance in our Blender benchmark, even when considering Intel’s significant overclocking capabilities (which do put the 6900K ahead, but don’t change its price).

As for Cinebench, AMD ran those tests with the 6900K platform using memory in dual-channel, rather than its full quad-channel capabilities. That’s not to say that the results would drastically change, but it’s also not representative of how anyone would use an X99 platform."

It's not really important for lego builders like us, money is with OEMs, and they aren't retarded like Sup Forums that likes to jump to conclusions.
If AMD gets some fixes out of the buggy boards, they'll be more than happy.

The average consumer looks at basic numbers, and right now the numbers are;
>Ryzen beats $1200 Intel CPU in rendering
>Nearly matches 7700k in 80% of games tested so far
For most of the plebs that's enough for a sale.

Nobody likes product delays. They increase hype for no reason because people believe, and rightly so, that they offer some tangible benefit to the product being more polished. And yes, Zen would have been more polished if left a week, but would expectations have R(yzen) so much more with that.

where did you get the idea that i blame the product? i blame the company for not checking which you should be able to see thanks to me using "they"

>QC can hardly be called into question
ok maybe i´m not sure though who else would be checking motherboard compatibility and i can not imagine that they don´t do it that would be retarded imo

>but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week
there for certain wouldn´t be people saying that benchmarks are not reliable and that "amd chips" are not working right if it were delayed

Dont the non X chips lack XFR though? Or just a lesser implementation of it?

Since this is the internet age, positive news will quickly make waves even to the dumbest of normalfags thanks to the free marketing army on social media.

It's practically all a waiting game, a week means nothing for products that release every 15 months.

and you think amd gives a fuck about you on a personal level. it's 2017 time for you to learn any corporation sees your wallet and not you as an individual, they're not doing fucking anything to make you happy, they are doing things to make your hard earned money. neither amd or intel are your buddy, they're not a loving uncle or close personal friend. they're faceless multinational corporations that want your money. they'd kill your parents if it sold 3 million more processors.

Still has XFR but it's a lesser version.

Yes I'd gladly kill my parents so that Intel sells 3 million less units

All chips have XFR, but the "X" chips have twice the boost.
At the end of the day though its too minor to matter. XFR only kicks in for very brief periods.

well hopefully you're right. maybe i'm being overly pessimistic but I don't think it's going to be completely fixed overnight, if it all.

just kill yourself instead, you're a waste of oxygen.

That isn't a *new* review, it was published this morning when NDA lifted.
We've known about it all day.

>Ryzen is doing really well in 1440pp and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound.
topkek our cpu is doing really well if it´s not used as much

Poor PR at AMD

I know right? 800x600 performance is much more important than lets say something like blender or handbrake.

new in terms of settings used
yes it is
and more will come as we see uefi updates being applied and reviews updated

>clone
lol'd, always thought the same thing since l1t started

>neither amd or intel are your buddy
So what? Nice fucking fallacy there; it doesn't matter if AMD is also anti-consumer, because it isn't mutually exclusive with Intel being so. In the current state of the industry, AMD is by far the lesser of two evils.

The CPU isn't stressed less at higher resolutions.
It is only stress less in proportion to the GPU, the GPU load is increasing, the CPU load is staying static.

All they did was show how SMT impacted performance. Reviewers were told that SMT might hurt gaming performance, that isn't new.

holy shit you're right

Lisa and Raja are fucking masterminds

>our Prios is just as fast as Lamborghini during rush hour
AYYYYYYY LMAOOOO

Oh shit AMD has SMT performance loss like Intel did with the original Netburst? Wasn't that fixed in a Windows update?

how are they the lesser of two evils, they do the same anti consumer shit, they have the same shady practices.

so because you like them or they're the plucky underdog they're somehow less evil.

you're fucking delusional

>In the current state of the industry, AMD is by far the lesser of two evils.

hardly... Most MADSHILLS ALWAYS THINK MUH UNDERDOG, which is GIGANTIC jew, you can just see it in their marketing, always trying to scam DESPERATE AMDRONES