What's his name, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SCAMMER

Jim Rektzen

fraud

Jim "Ship Jumper" Keller

Dis cuz he knews that Rypoo is POS, so he got to run.

Jim "Shit" Rekter Keller

where are the just edits for this guy

He left AMD once he realized it was too late to save them

Jim "jump ship" keller

He wasn't lead architect apparently. That was Mike Clark or something. Lisa su said this in the r/AMD AMA

Mark Hamill

Jim "Pain in Sup Forums's butt" Keller
Based shitwrecker delivered %46 IPC increase more than promised.

Kevin sorbo

Colonel Sanders

How is kaby lakes IPC so high, when it is 0% improvement over skylake, and skylake is only 5-10% above haswell?

>Based shitwrecker delivered
He wasn't even the lead on the Ryzen team. You guys over estimate how much he contributed to Ryzen.

And IPC doesn't mean that much if you can't reach higher clock speeds.

looks like a dave to me

> skylake is only 5-10% above haswell?
Percentages are relative to the excavator so Kaby Lake has %17 over Haswell.
If you wonder how that IPC calculated read Stilts analysis

The best clocks globalfoundries can do.

Let's say that the total performance is 100 when comparing the 8350 to ryzen

bulldozer is 4 ghz x 100 performance at 100% it's own IPC

ryzen 1700x is 3.4 ghz x 100 performance at 152% bulldozers IPC

4x(100x100%) = 400
3.6(100x152%) = 516.8

this nets a 29% performance increase.

Isn't this basically what we see in games?

Its normalized vs Excavator.
The bench metrics chosen are far more in depth than any other reviewer out there. TheStilt did an incredibly comprehensive run down.

I keep telling you dumb fucks that Keller was the department head. He was not a member of the Zen team himself. He oversaw the Zen and K12 teams both.

>He was not a member of the Zen team himself. He oversaw the Zen and K12 teams both.

This.

Homeless Kevin Sorbo

What does ER mean?

But he wasn't actually doing the engineering. I'm just saying, le based shitwrecker memes aren't accurate, Ryzen is the result of thousands of people working together, not just this one guy.

Jim 'Vegeta' Kekller

NOTE: Many of the chart legends state "(ER)". "ER" stands for extremities removed. This means that the single absolute best and worst results have been excluded.

Thats obvious.
I don't think anyone honestly believes one person is solely responsible for a complex modern IC.

Analysis explained here: >NOTE: Many of the chart legends state "(ER)". "ER" stands for extremities removed. This means that the single absolute best and worst results have been excluded.

>I don't think anyone honestly believes one person is solely responsible for a complex modern IC.
You have way too much faith in Sup Forums.

He was the chief architect of microprocessor cores, but yes he made Mike Clark the lead of Zen team. As chief architecht I imagine Keller made the overall high level critical design decisions, but the execution of details were left to team.

thanks desu

Where does he explain the IPC gains

BASED KELLER

Tony Hawk.

Nobody I've talked to has said there's going to be an answer to getting more IPC in Knight's Landing, and we may very well be reaching a material plateau if we can expect to see more data crunching in a smaller space.

The Absolute Madman

Jimmy "I bankrupted AMD" Keller

The Curry Sauce is Curry Sauce