In France there are still retards who believe the culture and folklore of Brittany (Bretagne) is related to ancient...

>In France there are still retards who believe the culture and folklore of Brittany (Bretagne) is related to ancient gaulish peoples.

when this meme will end?

>ancient goulash people

When will the celtic meme die already? They used to control most of Europe and now they're reduced to a few remote corners of it. Celts are done, but they don't want to accept that.

It is related, but not descended.

everyone wants to feel special and rare. that's why so many racial theories of the 19th century were about people being the last remnants of the atlanteans, or the last of the trojans, the lost tribe of israel etc,

being 'the last of the celts' is more attractive than being just another redheaded div living in the swamp and learning a dead language at school.

>Anglos removed Britons
>yet some Bretons made alliances with them against us/want them to annex them

KEKEST. """"""PEOPLE"""""".IN THIS WORLD

Even for the last "real celtic people" ( Scots, Irish, Welsh ) they don't called themselves "celtic" before the romantic movement of the XIX century, but "gaelic".

"Celtic" is derivated from "Keltoi" a generical greek word for designate various western barbarians tribes with things in commons. (Most of people considered celtic were actually continental celts, but well in their folklore written at middle age, Irish or Welsh conserved the druidism meme, so they are considered the last authentic celts.)

There are retarded people everywhere m8, bretons come from Britain not from Gaul

they are

>tfw Original Brit

What actually happened to the Gauls in the end did they just become Romanised or Germanised?

Gauls became gallo romans, they never got really germanised at the same scale because many of the franks were part of the elite, there wasn't really some frankish migrations to France.

Cucked by Romans
Then cucked by Franks

genetically, we're still "gauls n shiet"

Similar to us then with the Romano-British and then fucked by Saxons and others

Are Englishmen "Celts" ?

They were originally i think the Iceni and other Tribes were all Celts and they all lived in Southern England and they were eventually conquered and Romanised and then The Saxons and other Germanic tribes invaded when the Romans left.

Weren't Anglo-saxons just a minority ?

It's hard to impossible to assess percentages that way, because "Germanics", "Island Celts" and "Gauls" are/were genetically very close to begin with, all stemming mostly from Bell Beakers and only received different IE languages a bit later

>tfw no celtic culture

I envy you...

even fucking Nauru is more celtic than Brittany

I remember this really autistic kid who learn't Celtic in highschool, boy did he get it

delet this

Yeah except in a few areas that they settled in like Kent and Anglia

Probably. As far as I know, genetic studies indicate English people are mostly decended from pre-germanic locals. But there is a detectable footprint from the germanic invaders, which indicates a fairly large migration as opposed to the Normans whose genetic impact is negligible. That's what I remember from a paper I read, might not be totally accurate.

In any case, the anglo-saxons were powerful enough to eradicate the local celtic languages where they settled, so it was a massive societal change if not a genetic one.