Now that the dust has settled, what is Sup Forums's definitive opinion on Ryzen?

Now that the dust has settled, what is Sup Forums's definitive opinion on Ryzen?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5x4hxu/we_are_amd_creators_of_athlon_radeon_and_other/def5h1b/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696967/about-excel-s-enable-multi-threaded-processing-option
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hope they sort out their shit in time for R5 and R3

The dust has not settled yet faggot: reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5x4hxu/we_are_amd_creators_of_athlon_radeon_and_other/def5h1b/

core for core, thread for thread, intel is better albeit more expensive.

if you're a gaymer, get intel
if money isn't an issue, get intel
if you're poor, get amd.

so nothings changed pretty much.

saved without your permission

Games aren't optimized for AMD, so they might never make a comeback in that department.

Great workstation CPUs though, especially in terms of bang for buck. Right up there with the top of what Intel can offer.

Overall they've done great.

Sup Forums's? Varies.

Mine? Mine is more important as I'm not a retard who gets all their benchmark information from AMD or Intel shill threads.
It's 8/10. Good, pretty much what I expected.

Intel's CPUs are 9/10 for comparison. They'd be 10/10 if they were not price gouged.

forgot go pepe

>being this late to the party

this

With some updates, the 8/16 line will be good workstation / server CPUs with "good enough" gaming performance. I doubt they will be powerful enough to satisfy gamers, but the R3/R5 lineup may be. I suspect the R3 and R5 will be slightly worse than the i5 in general but will be decently OCable and will thus beat out the Pentium and i3 chips for budget builds, which is honestly the main market for gaming equipment anyway.

Overall:
Launch: 5/10, AMD done goofed
Current chips: 7/10, not bad if gaming isn't your priority
Current mobos: shit
OP pic: thicc

This. For most users (e.g game occasionally at 1080p on a 60hz display) ryzen is 100% satisfactory. To me the difference between 120 fps and 145 fps is splitting hairs.

What does get me giddy is the raw perf and core count for the price. Being able to run many demanding applications side by side is why i got my FX 8 core in the first place years ago. Ryzen will be the same, except with near intel levels of IPC (single thread) and potentially twice the threads. Personally keeping my eye out for thw 6c, 12t

Immature BIOS is holding it back.

Promising though. Already delivers in productivity and multitasking.

Pretty good overall.

needs more soles/feet

Great for productivity stuff, especially for the price. Not great for gaming, but still solid. The same pros and cons as bulldozer, but overall way better, and well worth the money for the right workloads.

It's shit for daily stuff and gaming. If you enjoy watching cinebench or 7zip go for it.

fuck your gay shit

saya endou best waifu

I don't want my children to starve because their mom is flat.

Seems like an actually good CPU.

Its not a space heater and it is ~as fast as you'd expect a modern CPU to be.

>muh games

besides this shitty non-argument, what else have the shills got to tell us?

Pretty much every serious software will utilize more cores & threads

It's pretty gud. Kabylake is still a bit better for pure gaming. Ryzen is better for most other things. The efficiency is probably the best thing about Ryzen.

They fucked up the launch pretty bad though, especially considering it was already delayed half a year. Probably should have shipped samples to game devs and Microsoft months in advance as well.

Luckly AMD get a second chance with the R5 CPUs, most sites will be doing new benchmarks with the fixed BIOS and patched games then.

Delicious flat chest is best.

>too skinny

>Pretty much every serious software will utilize more cores & threads
Actually not really. We're only getting there eventually. A lot of software still bottlenecks on 1-2 threads.

This, hotaru a shit

even excel is multithreaded since, what? 2009?

>Pretty much every serious software will utilize more cores & threads
this is photoshop.

the more I read the more I see ryzen to be future proof cheap affordable option.
Old games run good enough on gigabyte boards(which is hilarious, worst vendor got best BIOS), within skylake ballpark.
New games will get Ryzen support. It's win/win CPU for not much money.
And it's perfect in work situation for the price.
excel, compilation, video editing.

it loses 7% in one single software suit, end of the world

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696967/about-excel-s-enable-multi-threaded-processing-option

He might be referring to Emacs, but Emacs will happily spin off async processes for you (for compilers, etc.) without complaint.

>Woman with lesser feminine features
>fuck your gay shit
Ok.

p gud unless all you do is play games

>shitty non-argument
It's a valid argument when the ceo markets it as bettr gaming cpu than the competing products.

It's better for streaming your gaming. :^)

BRRAAAAAP

>feet
>toes of all things
I look at you as I look at gays;
I just don't understand what could turn you on about that.

Legs on the other hand....
Let's just say that I'm a leg man.

>apache heli
I think you meant BRRTTTT!

Photoshop is well known for being a steamy turd though. Adobe is a very popular meme.

Dust hasn't settled yet.
Anyway, if you do nothing more than gaming, 1151 still is the way to go.
Otoh, it renders Intel's HEDT platform even worse value now, it offers similar ST and MT performance for half the price.

this

T. Gimp toddler

My opinion on Ryzen is that you should be permabanned and raped by HiroshiMoot for making yet another bait thread.

her personality is more feminine tho

yesu

>If you're poor buy this $330+ processor
My sides are escaping solar orbit

the ending is pretty disappointing on her part tho : / I really thought something was gonna happen, but nah.