Why do the Argentinians claim this is theirs? Have they historically ever owned it...

Why do the Argentinians claim this is theirs? Have they historically ever owned it? What justification do they have for claiming it? Isn't it more culturally British than Argentine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L1KY2sVjYZ4
lyricstranslate.com/en/no-bombardeen-buenos-aires-dont-bomb-buenos-aires.html
youtube.com/watch?v=q7fXoJZLzY0
youtube.com/watch?v=dCJMQgfHXNI
economist.com/blogs/americasview/2014/02/oil-and-gas-falklands
telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/11635627/New-Falklands-oil-discovery-could-stir-trouble-with-Argentina.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Have they historically ever owned it?
more or less, yes

>Isn't it more culturally British than Argentine?
yes, but nothing that a good ol' genocide/banishment can't fix

because they are basically off their coast

yes they have owned them

Argie in general don't give a shit about those islands. It was just a excuse of a shitty govt to get it's popularity back. Since they didn't want to war Chile or Brazil, they went to britain hoping that they didn't gave a shit about it.

Just for the sandniggers.

>Basically off the coast
>400 miles away
Pick one

These constant threads are boring btw. Argies are based.

Hmm....

Hey, just keep them.
We really don't care about them anymore =^)

here, have a song related
youtube.com/watch?v=L1KY2sVjYZ4

holy shit can't the british go a single day without taking over another swath of land and turning it into garbage

t. buttmad Pedro Hernandez

no, i'm from New England, a.k.a. Better England, a.k.a. "The England that knows not to go around raping and pillaging the homelands of defenseless natives"

[spoiler]except for the native americans[/spoiler]

wew. Is this like the dutch trying to emulate the movement against Vietnam? I need more context/backstory user.

Not going to apologize for being the best.

>Isn't it more culturally British than Argentine?
There's literally one settlement there that's not a military base and has more than 10 people, so it's easy to genocide/deport/whatever them

>genocide
>3000 people

It's funny how westerns brag about not being sorry for exploiting others weaknesses but get all butthurt when jews and niggers exploit their weak points

kek this wasn't even a troll. Now realised it's an Argie singer and your flag is Paraquay :3 jajajaja

Rude. Where the fuck would you be without the British.

Hey, just don't worry mate. The new Caliphate of England can keep the islands for their muslims.

it's a tiny british tribe

lyricstranslate.com/en/no-bombardeen-buenos-aires-dont-bomb-buenos-aires.html

It's not that we're not sorry - we actually abolished slavery, gave women the vote, and allowed gays to marry.

What we're triggered by is the assumption than only Whites, or Europeans, even conquered, enslaved, and generally acted like dicks. We were just the *best* at it, and we don't owe anyone reparations, and we don't deserve to have our countries cucked from the inside out as "punishment" for being successful in the past.

Whites also did murder steal and rape.

So why you complain about niggers doing the same? If they're best at it they don't owe you anything or feel bad about it.

CHI

ye I figured it as per my last post

please stop posting. or at least chill with the country role playing my sun reading friend.

wao, habia escuchado esa cancion antes alguna vez en mi vida

youtube.com/watch?v=q7fXoJZLzY0

Rural NH masterrace reporting in. Carry on brother.

>>Basically off the coast
miles away
About the same distance from London to Dublin. :^)

Dublin is 288 miles from London.

learn geography and history next time you try to be witty, phillybro

Eh, I just googled it. At least they're in the same order of magnitude.

>learn geography and history next time you try to be witty, phillybro
Explain to me the history of Irish subjugation, subhuman.

That's driving distance. If you went in a direct straight line between London and Dublin, it's 288 miles.

The distance from Buenos Aires to the Falklands is over 1000 miles.

>Argentina is really gonna retake those rocks with their WWII military

>Explain to me the history of Irish subjugation, subhuman.
aight:
Ireland: free
North Ireland: subjugated

oopsies

wow, you americans are autistic
I meant it's 400 nautical miles as the bird flies (or so I thought) and yea, that would put half of Europes capitals in range of the UK if we were to apply the same "gib" to Europe because of proximity. It's a flawed argument

Still wish you cunts would stop triggering the autists (mainly) English with this thread tho, there's about 3 of them in the catalog right now, one where they're posting war dead and stuff. It's shit.

There's several million barrels of oil under the continental shelf there. They don't want those islands just for honor and glory and all that.

literally wrong. do yourself a favour and watch this meme video (done from an irish perspective) and you'll learn a little about the history of our islands, for the yanks, too youtube.com/watch?v=dCJMQgfHXNI

>Ireland: free
>North Ireland: subjugated
It wasn't always like that, lad.

good taste
michael collins is also good

no the war was totally national distraction/pride for both sides at the time, we didn't know about the hydrocarbons at the time. politically we wouldn't be able to surrender them even if there were none.. since people died over them.

watch my video. british empire was meme like nazi germany, good people doing bad things. england has become the meme bad face ,just as many irish have died under that flag (and not opposing it.)

the only thing that separated us and the irish and created the tension: we weren't papist cucks

The nearest major settlement in Argentina is Rio Gallegos which is 488 miles from the Falklands.

>the only thing that separated us and the irish and created the tension: we weren't papist cucks
and language, and identity, and the fact that we're seperated by a sea, and our entire culture in general
distance means fuckall

>It's a flawed argument
It wasn't an argument, I just wanted to banter some English lad over the history of Ireland seeing as something was said about sovereignty over the Falklands. I wish we weren't pedants.

Yeah I know it was purely political in 1982.

>both Thatcher and Galtieri were unpopular at home and figured that a war would cause the nation to rally around them

Today though it's for more tangible reasons.

economist.com/blogs/americasview/2014/02/oil-and-gas-falklands
telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/11635627/New-Falklands-oil-discovery-could-stir-trouble-with-Argentina.html

yes, I'm just saying even in spite of the oil, it would be politically untenable to ever cede them given the war and loss of life.

Nah, not really. We're the same. Your language and identity is no more than a regional one and is part of the bigger British one. (NB British not English.. 3/5 celtic nations sit within the UK, and if you want to go full poltard the Anglos didn't even change the makeup of England that much)

I meant that the Argentinian claim based on proximity was a flawed argument, given your whole Dublin - London and the fact we are two separate cultures/countries.*

*Apparently.. see first reply

t. contrarian pedantic shitposter

>yes, I'm just saying even in spite of the oil, it would be politically untenable to ever cede them given the war and loss of life.

Actually I think we had a slight failure of communication here.

I meant that there's a tangible reason why Argentina wants the islands and it's not because of honor and glory. I guess you thought "they" meant "Britain".

the scene where they brought that kid out to the field for execution

oic. yeah.. haha
I hadn't thought of things through that perspective before actually. Mind blown. The assets there would be good for a nation in default :/ no wonder they haven't let it die..