Learning a language is probably the most difficult thing I have ever tried doing

Learning a language is probably the most difficult thing I have ever tried doing.

How do people even teach themselves to fluency?

>アメリカ人

言語勉強することは難しくないよね

Surrounding yourself with the language on the regular basis while actively trying to learn it is the best way. Do that and if you're diligent you should be fairly fluent in a years time.

Doing lots of research on the workings of the language (maybe that's just me cause I'm a huge language nerd) and trying to test myself with materials in that language. Try reading Wikipedia in the language.

English
It's difficult to learn languages

average number of languages people know
East Asia 2
South Asia 2.4
Africa 1.7
Europe 2.5
Latin America 1.5
United States .8

By having to use the language all the time.

>Africa 1.7

more like 3 local languages + 2 european ones + english

german is learn-able in a week or two

> implying everyone in africa knows a european language
> implying local african languages can be classified as complete languages

Go to H-Mart and make the Asians look at you weirdly as you read every label in Hangeul

this qt old Asian lady literally asked me wtf I was doing

how
need to know
free german college

Sabe alguma coisa de Português?

t. monolingual

What was her response when you told her it was to help you learn the language?

If learning a different language is the most difficult thing you've ever done, may you never get behind the wheel of a car. I thought it was mandatory in US schools. How old are you even?

Practice practice practice

same way you get to the Carneghie Hall

fluency is overrated, you can get by on far less

no, pero con el español que conozco te puedo entender bastante bien.

dude. english is pretty much german 1.1.
a lot of the words we use are similar, just the grammar is somewhat twisted.

I thought life was too short to learn German. Its been years and im still struggling to be fluent in English :(

English is a bastard creole of German and French. This is why speaking German (in my experience) allows you to decode Dutch and Scandinavian languages, and speaking a Slavic language more or less allows one to decode other Slavic languages, while knowing English allows you to decode nothing except English.

isnt french a bastard creole of german and peasant latin

got any resources mein nigga

we can't speak english forever.

Laoshu is that you?

kek

>Learning a language is probably the most difficult thing I have ever tried doing.
Wasn't trying to lose weight?

For whatever language you're learning go to where its almost exclusively spoken, that will be the quickest way to learn

Immersion