What the fuck is with BBC's obsession with casting black women as the queen of England?

what the fuck is with BBC's obsession with casting black women as the queen of England?
This is the fourth or fifth time they've done it now in historical dramas

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=tWslRJGdTOgC&pg=PA125
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're waiting to see long the 7-8 people watching it would notice

She is mixed race and her mother is a white briton. Even then wealthy women of color were known in England. I believe two sites from the roman era showed that.

Even then it's Shakespeare, it's not real. Arthurian stories had black characters in them and those are from like the 1300's.

A truly BBC obsession.

Ahlan habibi

>BBC

Nailed it.

>>Even then it's Shakespeare, it's not real.
It was based on a real queen you dumbass.

Sup

*leans in for kiss*

>CNN
Cunt (Hilary) News Network

Britain is a multicultural nation with many races of people living side by side

A Roman would be outraged that his people are portrayed by barbarian savages

do you guys even know what time period the war of the roses took place in?

No one cares. let's just think it as pay back for all the years White men played Othello.

Plus I want to see Ivory Bangle Lady as a queen basically
Pic related

pic

I am aware I just don't care if the queen is portrayed by a black woman. Human migration is the history of man and demographics have always changed with time.

Deficits of good actors maybe.

That's probably what I would look like if one of the hot milfs from real housewives kissed me

Othello was suposed to be a Arab-North African aka "Moor" dunno why is portrayed as black though.

The hollow crown is one long series, but the answer is popularism. BBC are hemorrhaging viewers the same as any broadcast company so they're trying to claw back viewers.

Because Moor changes and the perception of moor in England varied as much as the Moorish peoples in Iberia.

Morien was described as pitch black in Arthurian tales "black of face and limb."

IDK why you guys act as though homogeneity exists in North Africa or that their perception and sterotypes wasn't one that exemplified otherness amongst Europeans aka Black

>It was based on a real queen you dumbass.
Its a play about someone not a historical documentary, literally only teenagers get annoyed about it. Edgelords think in black and white so have to make sure anything that offends their world view is positioned as such, it cannot be somewhere in the middle. It has to be good or bad, loved or hated, right or wrong. But they grow out of it eventually, almost everyone does who isn't spending life in prison.

>Morien was described as pitch black in Arthurian tales "black of face and limb."
...Except we don't have the original Moriaen story, we have a piece of a poor copy that is possibly a fake.
books.google.com/books?id=tWslRJGdTOgC&pg=PA125

literally WUZ the post

It's antiquity is still verified and the imagery surrounding the Moor within Western European and Italian art affirms the reality of blackness as symbol for Moorishness

>It's antiquity is still verified
No it's not, unless you can find me a reputable source stating otherwise.
that doesn't mean wikipedia, fyi

>there was a black person in a story
>therefore, WE WUZ ROYALTY N SHEEEITTT

No I'm literally saying the reality of moorish populations and the imagery of "the moor" are not necessarily the same thing in Europe.
The age of the story is not being disputed, it's originality and continuity is.
Precedent to OP's bitching

Can you guys actually respond without resorting to memes?

English guys have massive jungle fever, watching a black queen get BLEACHED is the ultimate turn on

LEAVE OUR WOMEN ALONE

WE CAN'T EVEN GET PUSSY IN THIS ISLAMIC SHITHOLE

LEAVE THEM BE

IT'S BAD ENOUGH YOU STOLE NATALIE SULEIMAN

W E
E

WE
WUZ
KANGS

>american """""""""""""""""education""""""""""""""""""
What the fuck do they teach you over there?

Just pack up your stuff and leave, man

t. tyrone laTyronius rodriguez

Kings no but Ivory Bangle Lady sure
I actually based my views on findings not spread on Sup Forums user
Nope
Incorrect

it's not possible to talk seriously with an Afrocentrist

the reasoning is always the following :

>there are lions on Europeans coat of arms
>there is no lion in Europe
>therefore africans kings ruled Europe during centuries while white men living in cave