What the fuck do they mean that ryzen is better in multitasking?

What the fuck do they mean that ryzen is better in multitasking?

I'm currently running a shitty laptop from 2012 with an i5 and 4gb of ram. I recently got an i7 with 32 gb of RAM for work and jesus, I've been living like a caveman. I decided I needed a new computer this weekend.

Although I do plan on gaming somewhat, I just want to be able to use visual studio, android studio, and have a lot of shit open at once. Money is not a big issue.

Should I get ryzen or 7700k? Going to micro center or fry's tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>gaming somewhat

Define somewhat

20% or 50%?

AMD always shits their streets, this will be no different.

Compile big projects? Ryzen all the way!
Compile small programs? Buy whatever is cheaper, maybe r1700

Like probably like 20% or less lol and shit tier low graphics games

Right now: Ryzen shits on Intel for video rendering, encoding, compiling, etc.

Note: Ryzen has some teething issues. You can expect somewhat better performance in a few weeks once updates and patches roll out.

>s? Buy whatever is cheaper, maybe r1700
Forgot to mention i'm deciding between 1700 and 7700k

Get 1700 then, better for your use case.

Thank you for supporting Israel with the purchase of ryzen! :^)

If you render, encode, compress, etc; the Ryzen chip is almost twice as fast. It's slower in games right now because their SMT implementation is buggy and not all games support it.

>hurr muslims
>hurr jews
You realize both Intel and AMD are global companies with offices there, right?

>What is R&D
>What is Design

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel

Meaning Kikes could be a part of working on Ryzen/Zen+. :^)

There is no Nvidia R&D in kikeland, just mere sales offices. Interesting....

>Jew roleplaying as antijew

Ryzen.

1) Future proofing, AMD keeps sockets for longer.
2) We're finally breaking out of the Jewtel monopoly

>$400 95W cpu btfo $1000 140W cpu

>Jew roleplaying as antijew

get R7 1700x

I didnt see VM performance anywhere for ryzen, it would be interesting to see how much smooth it goes, but memory can be a limiting factor.

lol you're so fucking dumb

Gaming a priority? Get the fucking 7700k

You want good speeds for compiling, encoding shit,decrypting,hashing,etc? Get the fucking ryzen.

I don't get what's so rocket-science about this. Anyways,most of the serious software take advantage of more cores & threads, not to mention it's kind of future-proof.

The $330 65W btfo out of the $1000 140W part too interestingly enough.

>x264
>legacy
why anandtech is so dumb?

this.

Workstations: Ryzen

Gameconsoles: *intel

If you want to run a browser while playing games then you should also get a Ryzen. The only reason to use intel is for literal single-task gaming-rigs. Pretty much no consumers use their computer for a single task, even web browsers are 100% multithreaded these days.

Yep, intel is for virgin neckbeards with no job, AMD is for programmers/professionals in general.

>Gameconsoles: PS4 pro
ftfy

They keep a database of every cpu they test so people can compare processors from previous generations to current. Its a pretty good system, but course they will have to run legacy benchmarks so they can actually have comparisons on a somewhat equal footing.