Every day until the last Windows User on this board acknowledges that macOS is the superior OS

Every day until the last Windows User on this board acknowledges that macOS is the superior OS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1V_fqhWzVNs
youtube.com/watch?v=E4F1-DVNlHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use FreeBSD.

It's actually good brother try it out.

>Not using TempleOS
Fuck off CIA nigger

I use Arch by the way.

And it definitely matters :^)

I use both Windows and Mac for their own purposes (Windows: performance gayman desktop. Mac: $2400 shitposting machine)

can it play Victoria 2?

It's fine if you enable root and delete iTunes, AppStore, Facetime, iMessage, Siri, Spotlight, iCloud, and everything else that'll use your internet connection to connect to an Apple address.

But most Mac users are tech illiterate morons who haven't the slightest clue about any of that.

FreeBSD is trash, judging by the installer alone. I tried to dd the memstick image to 3 different flash drives and none of them were bootable. 4th one booted and the installer was the most backwards ass thing I've ever seen. Miss a step and need to go back? Well fuck you, restart the PC and try again. Want to partition your hard drive? Tough shit, because none of the buttons are labeled clearly and you can't figure out what the hell they do. FreeBSD has the most inane installer I've ever seen. Worse than any 90s OS. It's the current year and I don't want to fuck around on the command line for 2 hours to install a shit OS with devs so lazy they can't make a proper GUI installer. Absolute trash.

I use a Hackintosh dual booting W7 and macOS, fite me.

>Less configurable and open than GNU/Linux
>Doesn't supports anywhere near the amount of games Windows does
Literally useless.

The Microsoft Windows 10 Internet Defense Force is going hard today.

Nobody here talked about Linux. Everyone can run Arch or whatever autistic flavor of the month distro is the hype right now.

This is a message to all the wintoddlers on this board who unironically believe they are 'tech savvy' and use Windows 10 over macOS.

i have a 2009 Mac mini 4gb 2.66gh with mavericks

my dumb friend MUST use current garageband, and i can't open the files unless I upgrade to yosemite. will my machine BTFO if i do this?

inb4 macfags don't know

Windows/Mac/Linux user here. They're all have their strengths and weaknesses.

>macOS
Pros:
>special attention paid to UX engineering and design
>less buttons to click to perform common tasks
>UNIX based with full coreutils and proprietary software support
>comes with botnet stuff (Siri, Apple apps, iTunes) if you want to use it, can be disabled easily
>software developed for it feels more polished because of Apple's strict UI/UX guidelines
>Genius Bar support for free unless its a hardware issue
>a few games available
Cons:
>locked down so you can't really go against the grain with it
>restrictive hardware options
>no built in package manager (might also be a pro depending on your views)
>some parts feel childish on the surface, but still retain the advanced options beneath the surface

>Windows
Pros:
>25+ years of backwards compatibility
>largest software library available
>games
Cons:
>viruses
>malware
>hacking countermeasures standard in other OSes are either missing or gimped to death
>hardware is very much "you get what you pay for"
>professional support is spotty and subcontracted to death
>driver quality is random as fuck
>botnet can't be turned off easily

>Linux
Pros:
>free as in beer/freedom
>little to no botnet
>all OS level APIs are available to program with, so you get amazing software capabilities
Cons:
>only indie games
>GUI APIs differ dramatically depending on what DE you're using
>driver quality is up to whichever NEET is reverse engineering your hardware
>most software companies don't publish on it out of fear of piracy
>the userbase has the highest shitposting and cancer ratios of modern computing

Picture 1: youtube.com/watch?v=1V_fqhWzVNs
Picture 4: youtube.com/watch?v=E4F1-DVNlHg

Hackintosh >>> actually buying a Mac

Why not dual boot? Torrent a Yosemite DMG and use Disk Utility to write the image to a flash drive. Plug it in and reboot. While rebooting, hold the Option key and boot from the flash drive. Partition the hard drive and install Yosemite. You can boot to either OS and select that partition as startup disk, then if you want the other you hold Option on boot. I do it with Sierra and Mavericks.

>Own high end Mid/Late 2016 Windows laptop
>Buy the early2015 MBA on a whim last week
>Haven't even wanted to use the Windows PC once since buying the MBA

Fucking waste of money, I should have just bought a mac right from the start.

Actuallly no, i have a brother with an autismo kid is having a horrible life with all his MacOS cock sucking.

Everyday you post this kinda reminds me of him which i don't wanna be. It's counter productive, maybe unless you post more win10 shit i will consider go another type of shit which is android thx to googlesheets, i'll die before i go back to unix based desktop OS.

BeOS is still the best OS

i agree ... theres nothing in this picture that states you should buy a mac

putting together a working hackintosh system is the thinking mans way of doing it thats why its the last step for those who have transcended past all petty OS memes and realize that macOS is the ultimate daily driver ... theres nothing that beats it in combination with any linux distro

using windows is just embarassing no matter how you put it

>enable root
You mean Disable SIP
But yeah MacOS is godtier but I do get winfags if they want to play their games. Manchildren are people too.

>tfw haiku will never take off thanks to Linux adoctrination in CS schools and open source sites.

Why in the world would we ever use MacOS? It could give free blow jobs and we would never know/care because it's gated by shitty, overpriced hardware.

>it's gated by shitty, overpriced hardware.

its not ... pretty much any Intel based system can run it without many problems. Depends on some drivers etc. The hackintosh community is huge.

Your forgot some issues in Linux that are actually issues like
>video acceleration sucks ass
>relying in an ancient protocol and program that needs implement every trick of 80's graphics, only to be used as a bitmap dumpster
>audio still is a mess

I think they'll just switch to Linux before admitting that.

>install macOS on my secondary SSD
>thought I'll be dualbooting
>never boot from my WIndows drive again

ITT idiots who talks shit about things they don't know.

Sup Forums business as usual

apple shill forces seem to be targeting Sup Forums harder these days

Yeah just like "pretty much any windows program will run in WINE without thaaaat many problems."

Cute fantasy world, but no one who has never used Mac would ever say "I'm going to rely on a community that has 'hack' in its name to make my computer do computer things." The only people who ever actually install hackintoshes are small-scale developers who can't afford real Mac test environments and weird Mac evangelists like yourself.

The only thing holding back macOS is that it's only available on expensive machines. If one could buy the OS and use it in place of Windows it'd be a no-brainer, but paying over $1000 for a machine that's only very useful if you're artsy isn't great.

wow you sound like a huge faggot

i wasted 2 day on installing macos to dual boot with windows, because i heard that they have coreaudio with low latency for my guitar stuff and also it will be good for my development purposes.
and it was a dissapointment.
on windows i had better latency with asio meh...
also their custom implementations for coreutils is a garbage.
ssh sometimes just cant connect to osx without restarting.
vnc slow as fuck because there is no monitor plugged in on osx, somehow it works when im connecting from anorher osx.
atleast macos has nice ui which is good for a facebook machine

>>locked down so you can't really go against the grain with it
hardly locked down
>>restrictive hardware options
compatible with most intel computers

+ years of backwards compatibility
but a lot of time old stuff doesn't even work

how fucking autistic are you?!!

you literally download a legit version of the OS from the Apple Store ... flash it on a USB Drive and then install it on your computer lol.

The only problem is that SOME drivers have issues cause Apple didnt test them through but there are ways around it just like there are ways around Linux or Win driver issues.

Reading your post makes me believe you are a fucking retard who never installed any other OS on his computer. Its not exactly rocket science. Do you even know how operating systems work on a fundamental level?! You write as if this whole thing is some mumbo jumbo science.

>t.mactoddler homosexual """""""""artist""""""""

pic related the thing about macOS is ... it enables you to use it casually cause it just werks and its easy or you actually get stuff done(tm) cause you get a unix based system and any non retard knows how to take advantage of it .. except for wintoddlers .. they will always be a victim of the microsoft marketing department and play their steam games not realizing what cancerous type of shit their OS really is

>it just werks
Except when it's not.