What went wrong?

What went wrong?

They had market monopoly and could get away with charging more for the occasional 3% performance bump they got from raising the clock speeds.

Nothing. AMD fails to beat intel once again.

>had
rephrase that user

this

>what went wrong ?

AMD under performed with a sinking ship so many years i've jump ship to intel. Best moves i've made since the switch to core2quad and from any bulldozing shit to my low powered i3 6100.

Athlon64 is long over. Deal with it

babbylake is on multiple sockets over its lifetime. intel doesnt stick with 1 socket for the life of an architecture. intel is a fucking joke and needs to do away with their jew marketing team.

If intel made arm processors, i'd buy the device no matter how bad it is

Nothing, I'm very happy with my Skylake processor.

>t. Intellishills

Sandy Bridge is way too right

Is that why a 1700x has similar performance to a 6900K for 1/3rd of the price?

Intel are literally on suicide watch. AMD is going to steal half the server market from them, which is their biggest industry.

Ryzen has impressive multithreaded performance and is very efficient but the lack of quad channel memory and PCIe lanes is disappointing.

no competition

it's fucking AMD. keep watching; SOMETHING will end up being disastrously wrong with it (my money's on "every chip commits electromigration suicide in about 4 months")

Resting on their laurels

they pocketed too much and never actually developed new tech after the i series, pretty much got lazy and greedy

ryzen came out

they failed to deliver 10nm, now we get another 14nm iteration (Coffee Lake)

fuck Intel with their shitty TIM and shitty substrate.

It doesn't support Windows 7.

>Intel are literally on suicide watch. AMD is going to steal half the server market from them, which is their biggest industry.

Considering the 7700k trades blows with the 6950X i think intel will be mighty fun.

he's talking about server/professional market. Your manchild gayming chips aren't the real market battle here.

It is VERY likely AMD will crush the server/professional market or at least force some INSANE price cuts out of Intel to stay competitive.

So let me get this straight, not only Intel has the money but they're simply too retarded to achieve 10nm?

What fucking garbage, Samsung should achieve 7nm in a few years AT MOST and Intel is still struggling with 10nm

>ARM and x86 CPU's are the same

You've heard it here first folks

YA BLEW IT

Nothing faggot - AMD tried to kill a few birds with one stone.

For gaymers like for like, in a top tier match up intel still win but for the price you pay to get somewhere statisticaly close to parity it's going to be a real winner for high end gaming on a budget. But that said thats only in the interim. To me the results appear to gpu issues and to see real potential we will need to wait for next gen gpu's.

With that said gaymers are fark all with regards to revenue. The server market, rendering and cad machines however these areas will pale in comparison to the largest market of them all. The business client - aka that dusty pos that you sit in front of on a daily basis. Powerful and cheap - mark my words the intels jewery will be shaking in their mashughanas over losing this market. The business client makes ~75 - 80% of the global desktop market.

What went wrong? - Nothing.

7700k can't do ECC, Ryzen can.

CEO got too much into drones and wearables.

AMD is kind of like buying shit at the dollar store
>cheap and does what you expect it to
>may stop working at any time
>a little bit more money will get you something leagues better
i reckon the only reason AMD still exists is because of the gpu sales, kind of like how sony only exists because of the playstation sales

I'm not talking about games, the 7700K is complete horse shit for multithreaded applications.

Like the Athlon series which destroyed Intel? Also designed by Jim Keller.