Daily reminder to never take advice from Sup Forums anime posters

Daily reminder to never take advice from Sup Forums anime posters.

I waited 2 months for amd's new cpu thanks to you and it turned out being just another cPOO which gets destroyed by half core intel chips.

Going to pick up my 7700k in 2 hours, thanks Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G_6rs9cBzvE?t=8m46s
forums.anandtech.com/threads/official-amd-ryzen-benchmarks-reviews-prices-and-discussion.2499879/page-128#post-38774366
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A 4.5ghz cpu out runs another at less than 4 in single threads. Amazing.

>ad hominems
>Shilling one image instead of the entire set of images
Click your heels three times

>even 2 core i3 cpu demolishes amd's 8 core

There's no excuse for that poojet

Buying AMD has been a mistake for like the last 10 years desu senpai, nobody should fall for that shit

either way the 7700 compares just as good or better than a 1800x to a 6800, 6850, 6950X.

more cornz; more moneyz

little benefit

ok OP, but if thats the chart you went by then you are an idiot.

the 4.6ghz beats the 4ghz by 5%.

i imagine 1440p and 4k tell a different story.

>pre-bios patch that improved performance 17%
ok, be stupid

>i imagine 1440p and 4k tell a different story.

they dont tho

they only show the GPU slowing your ass down

and guess what? the 7700 is feeding those as good or even better.

amdnards keep saying it will age better and yeah im sure all that work you do in cinebench will really pay dividends but real shit like games and photoshop, nah it wont.

especially games for as gpus can devour more and more data you need it fed to the gpu as fast as possible and of course the amd part cant do that.

My point exactly. Show me a chart where ayymd gets more fps than 7700k in any game without 3 cinebench processes running in thw background

and this is pre-BIOS patch still

>this

y-you just have to waitâ„¢ some more

>$150 i5 destroying 1700

Thanks poojet

HAHAHAHAHA WHERE'S THE 52% IPC NOW?

Bulldozer 2.0 again!

Indians lied as always

you are right.

btw the Gigabyte board seems to be the only motherboard not buggy at the moment.

>destrying
>gpu bottlenecked

go away homo.

Even in your cherrypicked benchmark 7700k still wins in most scenarios

Nah MSI is fixed

>cherrypicked.

literally has all the games benchmarkers use.

nice try tho :)

about time. sadly for amd. a few days too late lol

Even reddit have admitted that Ryzen will get BTFO by i5 chips for gaymen.

NEVER

TRUST

AMD

>10 games
>3 1700 wins
>1 direct tie
>3 within 2 FPS
>1 within 3 FPS
>2 7700K wins

>5ghz OC on the 7700K

You tried

Ayymd won in 2 games within max 1 fps.
7700k won in most games with over 3 fps lead

At that point does framerate even matter?

I wouldn't be surprised if it capped out due to power saving stuff.

Seeing 4, 10, and 11 FPS wins

Higher fps means lower input lag for csgo because the devs are retarded

Muh gaymens!! I need 5 more fps!!!

Or amd low performance can't keep up with the gpu at over 200 fps

That's absolutely retarded. They didn't use interrupts for input?

Even then that's still 3.238 ms polling rate vs 2.067 ms, hell even the 8350 gets 5.247 ms rate. You think that'll actually affect input?

good monitor gets 3ms at best of input lag, then count keybaords/mouse that's what? another 3-5ms
very fast human has 130ms response times,average is 180ms, you can argue that 10 ms can change that match if something is noticed earlier, but I highly doubt it

once rasheed fixes the bios you're gonna be sorry, that bios is gonna add at least 50% to the benchmark skewing.

suddenly, all of Sup Forums was into eSports and needed 110 frames instead of 105

Cores and productivity doesn't matter anymore. Everyone is running to buy 2 core i3 CPU in 2017.

Not gonna lie, former poo in loo here. This is fucking hilarious watching AMD crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let them get the cores.

>productivity

Ryzen is horrible for productivity

>single threaded synthetic
Really activated my almonds user

That image only tells me that 6900 is ridiculously overpriced and that sysmark 2014 is outdated.

>synthetic

SYSmark® 2014 ver 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation, and data/financial analysis. SYSmark 2014 ver 1.5 features the latest and most popular applications from each of their respective fields.

So it's a synthetic

>4.2GHz processor with similar IPC but 4 less cores has better performance in games than a 8C/16T processor with a just recently launched architecture and clocked 1.2GHz lower

No shit you little Sup Forums baby. Intel shills are fucking retarded for going ape shit over something everyone else was already expecting. They're also probably too young to remember that Intel's Nehalem and AMD's AMD64 architectures experienced similarly rocky launches and that it took months for them to properly mature.

It literally runs actual applications

So, single-threaded applications? The office suite isn't a computationally intensive application and it needs to stay that way, M$ literally has no reason to optimize it for multi-threading.

Anime website, Sup Forumsigger.

It doesnt matter

im a pro CS:GO player and im gonna be a millionaire from it in a couple of years

all that matters is framerate, 300 fps wont even cut it and the 450 frames the 7700k is marginally acceptable, my reflexes are that fast, yes, i shit you not

Amd got rekt again by intel and soon, nvidia after we see the vega fiasco

300fps is max you can get with CSGO without enabling sv_cheats 1

basically you are full of shit, but we already knew that.

>im a pro CS:GO player
It shows.

Programmer here:

All the intel shilling on a Linux forum just makes me want to buy AMD more. No one here games, and by annoying all of us with shill posts you are driving people to buy AMD for their workstations.

BTW, pretty much everyone who uses a desktop computer wants to run multiple programs. It seems Intel is designed for single purpose game consoles, not serious computing.

t. someone who never gave a shit about the CPU wars until you flooded my board with spam.

Take this shit back to Sup Forums or you're just going to convert more people to AMD who would have otherwise never cared.

My friend gets 250-350 fps with 5930k on offical MM servers

wrong
>replying to copy pasta

>oxford comma

IIRC Ryzen is way cheaper then Intel so sacrificing a few frames per second makes absolute sense.

>grammar on Sup Forums bothering you
>being this autistic

Who fucking cares about 10 FPS, when you gain every other single thing? You can multi-task, stream, compile, faster and all without a single LAG.

You people are just fucking retarded. No shit, a 5GHz CPU beats a

You retard, you are literally paying twice as much for less performance

$240 Intel processor is beating a $500 Ryzen

The point is that 99% of apps are going to be way faster on Intel

Ryzen is literally only good for dedicated encoding/rendering machines

>for less performance
But you are not tho, you are paying for more performance
>$240 Intel processor is beating a $500 Ryzen
Yea, no, no it doesn't not even in games, only in 800x600 min but on max 1080p Ryzen beats it hands down

And those 99% are going to be really low-powered office shit that won't see the difference between clock speed and coars. You might as well get a pentium for all its worth.

Holy shit you are blind, look at the OP

$240 i5-7600K is beating $500 1800X

it's minimum setting, on maximum it would be on par with 6900k

LOL NO ITS NOT

It's 1080p at complete max settings, it's from the pc gamer review

Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM/Intel

>3,5Core game works better on higher clocked CPU
STOP THE PRESSES!!

>Gets his CPU cheaper
>Thinks those two month were wasted

PS this shill benchmark posted by a beaner turned out to be wrong because of GPU bottleneck. He rerun it again on lower settings and it turns out Ryzen is 20% behind 7700k.

So much for the AMD shilling, you literally can't even have a single fake bench to prove it.

dumb frogposter

At 5.1GHz vs 3.9GHz, Ryzen is ~40% weaker in single threaded performance compared to the 5.1GHz 7700k. This is of course assuming that clock speeds scale linearly to performance. But even if it doesn't, lets say it's closer to 30% which is still a lot.

Keep in mind that Kabylake has 8% higher IPC. That combined with a 1.1GHz higher clock means 40% higher ST performance.

I can tell you following.

The 4 and 6 core Ryzen will be total shit.

They don't go much higher clockwise than the 8-core CPUs, should tell you alot about the performance.

The R5 1600X will lose against the i5-7600K, believe it or not.

I said it would be shit in December.

Just trying my new ryzen
seriously u damn Intel Trolls realy are a bunch of dickwads

>benchmarking CPUs with gaymez

Pretty sure R5 stropnger chips will do fairly better than the R7 line-up and they should also be a lot more stable at launch compared to right now, can't see them doing worse than the 7600k, considering the 1800X already outperforms it. Less cores also means it will perform better in games that run better on less cores, just like you see in benchmark comparisons between the 7700k and the 6900k. It'll be more of a question of whether their lower cost will in fact justify getting them over the 7700k in terms of bang for buck. 1600x/1500x vs 7700k should prove to be a pretty interesting comparison.

Tbf in ryzen defense their shit isn't really optimize. Wait for drives

AMD went from the Piledriver FX-8350 which can't even beat the Sandy Bridge i7 2600K to being competitive with Kaby Lake. I didn't believe their 40% more IPC claim until just very recently so it's already exceeded my expectations and I can't say that I'm not happy.

> I buy $500 cpus for 1080p gaymen

Can someone benchmark VA-11 Hall-A on ryzen?

AMDs strategy is pretty sound.

Release high-end server/workstation CPUs now -> Pulverize everything intel has to offer in the high-end application cpus -> Make microsoft and other software vendors optimize their software towards CCX scheduling -> Release 4/6 core mainstream "gaming" cpus once the software landscape has adjusted itself towards Ryzen and AM4 motherboards match the mainstream price of the cpus.

In other words don't buy Ryzen now if you are not a video maker or you don't have a server.

So far the 1700x/1800x seem like duds (will change as manufacturing matures). Memory compatibility is a thing, and you'd want to match memory as it affect performance 5-10% in some cases. Windows scheduling for SMT (AMD hyperthreading) seems to be completely broken in current windows builds (expect patch).

On motherboards that work as expected the ryzen cpus work pretty great for gaming, but the issue is reviewers received buggy EFI/BIOS motherboards.

Expect the ryzen 1700 (non x) to age well (think i5 2500k) unlike the 7700k.

Only a retard woul buy 1700x/1800x over 1700 (non x) in current state of manufacturing.

They're more expensive and require expensive cooling for overclocking (they're binned for max frequency rather than good TDP)

yes.

But to be honest: If you want to game everything beyond $300 for cpu is thrown out money.

>real shit like games and photoshop
Do you even understand the difference between #cores and clock speed?

I am doubtfull about that. It's just a first iteration destined to be superseded in a short time. It will go to the bottom and remain unoptimized in a market that generally fail in optimization and go for the brute force approach with newer models. In other words: wait.

The motherboards available don't seem suitable for those kinds of tasks. No ECC memory even tho the CPU itself supports it. Most motherboards are marketed specifically to gamers.

Will be a while before we see motherboards with dual NICs and workstation/server featuresets. You have a com port still tho. Just get one of those cables that plug into the header on the motherboard.

Because it's a single threaded application you moron

Cinebench is a real game you nigger

Asrock seems to have an option to enable ECC in the BIOS. youtu.be/G_6rs9cBzvE?t=8m46s
The only thing that AMD can guarantee is that the functionality is there but not validated. Otherwise, wait for Naples if you're into that.

Falling for amd meme, amd is a meme tht onky retard fags still live if u love amd kys look in tge mirror and im certain ull see a 300lb neckbeard staring at u

So a 12% reductions in performance for a 50% reduction in price. I'll take it.

zen+ will probably age like the 3770k. The issues seen with launch reviews will mostly be resolved by microcode/bios/EFI updates and windows scheduling fixes.

This. Always have been intel and will remain so until the day I die.

Does ECC actually work tho? Some lower end chipsets from Intel will function with ECC memory, but the ECC feature won't work.

7600K is like $240 buddy

It probably will, otherwise, that enable function shouldn't be there. However, I'd be waiting for Level1Techs to make a video on that before making a definite conclusion. The tests they talked about are just preliminary tests and they're planning to do a more indepth look at it some time later.

Seems to be the case with the motherboards so far. AMD said ECC is supported by the CPUs, but I'm not sure wether the chipsets support it, or if it's just manufacturers disabling it.

>Buying AMD ever.
lmao

It's a selection in the BIOS to enable it if it's supported by the motherboard manufacturer

Already been proven that it's a Windows bug affecting the Ryzen gaming performance, how much is Intel paying you?

forums.anandtech.com/threads/official-amd-ryzen-benchmarks-reviews-prices-and-discussion.2499879/page-128#post-38774366

Is there even a point in getting a 7700k instead of a 6700k?