What is the equivalent to this in terms of sound quality, huge storage, price and most importantly, battery life?

What is the equivalent to this in terms of sound quality, huge storage, price and most importantly, battery life?

I've had mine for about 10 years now, and it has served me great, but it's starting to give out. Only half the HDD is able to read/write now, battery life has decreased significantly but other than that still plays tunes like noones business.

I could get another 120 Classic, but they're much more expensive since getting discontinued. So what should I be looking at for a good quality, long battery life portable music player?

Other urls found in this thread:

iflash.xyz/runtime-shootout-2016-quad-dual-solo-msata-vs-original-hard-drive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some Fiio shit

>bump for interest
Mine's been with me since high school, which was well over 15 years ago. Fucker's still ticking along pleasantly.

I had issues with it years back where it would randomly shut off, the entire HDD would wipe and I'd lose my music, the computer wouldn't recognise it and I had the battery issue too. That's probably cause by having shit music on there around that time, because I don't have any of these problems any more.

I personally just use an old S4 Mini with an SD in it. If you're dead set on running something closer to Pixo, just get a broken iPhone with big storage?

Use your phone. Is it too big? You should've bought a normal size phone.

usually phones offer a much lower quality playback than specialized audio devices

Especially since my phone is an old piece of shit and i need the battery of the phone not draining

You posted the best player and you've already got one to work with, don't buy a new one. Just crack yours open and swap the HDD for an SSD and replace the battery

>replace HDD and battery

I've thought about this as well, and I think the process might cost more than just getting a new unboxed one.

Also does a regular SSD fit into the iPod classic?

Weird, I owned several ipods but they all seem to die after around 1 year of usage. The longest an Ipod has lasted me was 1.5 years which was an ipod 30GB with video.

Realistically though, who wants to carry that shit around nowadays? Are you really ever THAT far away from a source of wifi that you can't just load up/stream content at your own convenience?

Should definitely cost less than a new one and it'll be better than a new one when you're done. For the SSD you'll need an mSATA to ZIF IDE adapter, or you can use SD card(s). The battery should only be a few dollars, as will the adapter, and the SSD's cost will be dependent on the capacity you want.

Some people are regularly away from Wi-Fi for the whole day, it's quite far from being everywhere.

Use a SD adapter. SSDs draw more power than the original hard drive.

iflash.xyz/runtime-shootout-2016-quad-dual-solo-msata-vs-original-hard-drive/

p much this

Fiio is the only viable option especially since the Cowon x7 went out. don't know about newer cowon stuff though

will look into this option anons

thanks

Literally the ONLY Apple product that looks just as sexy today as it did a decade ago.

user pls

If that's the 5.5th gen model, then really you should just get it fixed up. You're running it on Rockbox, right?

The Sony Walkman NW-WM1Z Portable
This one ? Maybe i dunno ?

>touchscreen DAP
disgusting

> (You)
>>touchscreen DAP
>disgusting
Bruh is 2017

Doesn't matter what year it is, it sucks.

If you still have buttons on your face it doesnt mean everybody still wants buttons ha-ha

Are you literally twelve?

Maybe who knows
Maybe i am just a cat or a dog shiposting on my owner phone
Kukukuku ( evil laught)

holy shit

Did you googled like
Audiophilus turd player ?

>if that's the 5.5th gen model

I have no clue, but according to Google if it has a Search option in the Music menu it is, so I guess this one is because it does indeed have a Search option.

>Rockbox

I heard about this a bunch of times, but didn't want to install any third party stuff ( I was worried about battery management and crashes and stuff like that). Why? Does it do something better than the normal OS?

You've got a 6th gen
>Rockbox
Unless you want to theme your UI, play lossless audio without transcoding to ALAC, or play DOOM, just stick with the stock firmware.

>play DOOM

holy fuck
is it stable? Rockbox i mean

Last I checked for the Classics it wasn't. Didn't glitch out or anything but gave my 7th gen significantly less battery life. This was like 4 years ago though, I'd hope it's gotten better.

The neat thing about Rockbox on the Classic though is that you don't replace (or maybe you can but don't have to) the stock firmware, you dual boot it.

It's all well right now, really really stable until the 5.5th gen. The only reason I used it was because I didn't like ALAC

Also yeah OP, you dual boot Rockbox along with the stock ipod firmware, and even so, it won't really take up much storage, not that it would matter on a 120 lol

>dual boot
cool i guess

although im not so sure if it drains more battery, but will definetely check it out

Also what kind of replacement HDD do i need for this, assuming I want to replace it with a regular lap top HDD and not an SSD?

You need a 1.8" ZIF IDE drive

I have a Clip+ and my LG Optimus 2X that has a Wolfson DAC, both are fine

Alright, I guess I'll see what's more worth it, an SSD, SD card or the 1.8'' zif ide drive.

Thanks anons

It's only three grand

> (You)
>It's only three grand
Is nothing for an audiophilus

Lg g5 with hifi module or lg v20

I think the iconic 5th gen white classic is better. Too bad they dropped it for silver