/urban/ + /architecture/

European classic architecture edition

/balt/

Beautiful use of columns.

So jelly that we don't have many 4/5 storey apartment blocks in our cities.

Memorial Bridge, Rijeka

Split

Burghley house

This is the Vittorio Emmanuel monument, a lot of people think it is too grandiose but I think it's beautiful.

Honestly Europe has the most beautiful architecture in the world.

Amarin Apartment Village,

Amazing.

College Hall U Penn

yeah easily the best architecture in the world

La conciergerie, one of paris's oldest building. The "Ile de la cité" and it's fortified walls were build in 308, and the oldest part of the conciergerie's itself has been used as a palace for the emperor's in the 4th century, and then for the French kings from 900 to 1300

Moving East, I'm fond of the Kremlin just because of the scale, it's similar to the Forbidden City in that it's a big palace compound surrounded by a wall, but it's much nicer.

Are you a Korean living in Poland?

Such a beautiful city filled with human garbage

The 222 tons Louxor obelisk, build under the reign of Ramses 1st in -1296 BC, and offered by the king of egypt to Charles X in 1830.

And on the background the arc of triumph, build in 1806 by Napoleon.

That's a bit rude desu

The Hotel de Crillon, one of the oldest luxury Hotel on the world, build in 1798

Lesinvalides,buildin 1670 by Louix XIV as a shelter for the crippled and the wounded from his armies.

Obey.

One of the best architectural views.

top kek

The Grand théatre in Bordeaux, build in 1870

amazing

The funny story about it is that it could have been replaced by the Statue of Liberty. The Sacré coeur was build in La butte Montmartre, the highest point in Paris, in 1870. The same time when the Statue was build, and at some point some people considered putting it there instead of giving it to the US.

The colonne Vendôme, build in 1810 by Napoleon to celebrate the Austerlitz vicotry.

pure sex

most of our architecture is rather small and cute

I'll be posting some Czech pics

we call this a castle, desu

Love those rooftop windows.

Want me ruin it all?

ok we start

i wasn't a fan of Gehry's Louis Vuitton Museum at first but it gets really pretty at night

Eh, brasileiro, como somos os dois o terceiro mundo, vamos ruinar o isso filo junto? Eu quemo da inveja.

I like it even by daylight desu, and the view on the buisness district is pretty cool too desu

FUCK YOU ALL HOW CAN BE ARCHITECTURE SO DECENT?

non-Russians built it

:^)

Fuck you all you even not died in gulag why can you build so beautiful without any suffering I hate you all even Albania has more architectural taste than our guys

I knew it was Britain before reading the picture name.

honestly I dislike the entire Russian architecture

even the stuff "considered" good like St. Petersburg palaces, for me it's just kitschy

Western European architecture is best in the world

>honestly I dislike the entire Russian architecture
Glad to meet a person that understands it well

Everyone and everything in my country is ugly.

are you some self-hater or what

I hate you all.
Why couldn't you sent one university graduate-class to built here at least 1/1000 of what Italia has?
So inhumane of Europe.

That's not my guilt we are bad in architecture
(To be honest, that's an unique sphere of art where Russia fails)

Pretty, traditional brickwork. Lovely.

Russian Jesus hates you.

don't you think this is good?

No, Spas na Krovi is a good example like plenty of cathedrals/mansions/palaces in St. Petersburg. But it doesn't represent a main tendence of our architecture to be somehow wrongly disproportional and vapid (even in baroque times, even in 18-19th century).

Everything always seems proportioned as not for a human, like if we were 1.5 or 2 times taller