Meta Sup Forums

Chinese Moot said 1 meta thread per board is allowed.

So how do we solve the Sup Forums problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would be very hard. Gaming and technology are related closely.

Video games are technology.

Maybe create a consumer trash board and move all shills/consumerism generals there
Also move tech support to /wsr/

Don't allow graphics cards threads & tell the Sup Forums kiddies here that Windows is objectively fucking trash

no they're not.
fuck outta here
gaymers are some of the most tech impaired idiots I've met

Ban windows users.
If an IP reported a Windows useragent, it's banned forever.

Forget the Sup Forums problem. How do we solved the shitskin problem?
Sup Forums is the only board where you are guaranteed to find broken English and people taking obvious, subterranean IQ baits in every thread

Simple solution: mutually exclusive post timers.

Post on Sup Forums? 1 week cooldown for posting on Sup Forums
Post on Sup Forums? 1 week cooldown for posting on Sup Forums

Filter "7700k" into "Ryzen" and vice versa. Similarly with "Intel" and "AMD". Than switch it on and off randomly throughout the day.

>you don't use windows xp or even 2000 with kernelex
dude you're doing it wrong

>not using a generic windows/chrome user agent
it's like to want to be spied on

for the first part this should help.
it should all routed to a /consume/.
makes the most sense(at least for me)

Sup Forums is a problem too, just like Sup Forums both are full of underage retards

I'm pretty sure almost everyone on Sup Forums or Sup Forums knows how to reset their routers

That would fuck over people who change their user agent for privacy reasons.
But I wouldn't expect a newfag to know all this.

>not changing your user agent for this site
It's not like you leave much more info on here

>Sup Forums is a problem too, just like Sup Forums both are full of underage retards
Sup Forums is actually mostly comprised of rich, successful, white businessmen with big degrees who will get Trump-tier wealthy.

Yes, I'll go through the labour of changing my user agent for this site specifically because one stupid mother fucker thinks user agents are representative of anything at all.

>not going through that

This, I see just as much Sup Forums shit as Sup Forums shit here. If anything at least the Sup Forums shit is contained to graphics card threads

It's actually a legion of Israeli shills pretending to be nazis and one actual nazi who believes them.

All users must be using GNU/Linux in order to post.

Sup Forums is just a project of a few trolls to keep retards distracted from things that actually matter

*le everyone I don't like is from Sup Forums

>>>/le/reddit

remember when Sup Forums was very slow board and it didn't have so many linax shillbots?

>le
Are you alright, redditor?

maybe I should start adding /s at the end of sentences so you reddit babbies feel at home?

>mentioning even more leddit memes

I was just trying to help you with your disability.

So you were pretending to be retarded?

We have a thread about this image AT LEAST once every week. Yet it isn't even real

And the image that she actually posted on her instagram (A YEAR AGO NOW) is what you get when you google "programming humor" click the first result to go to /r/ProgrammingHumor, click top upvoted of all time, and then open the first result

We also keep seeing these same 3 stupid stock photos of people holding a soldering iron by the hot part.

I'm requesting someone make a counter-meme. It would have a collage of these Sup Forums-core cancer memes and be labeled "neckbeard starter pack" with a strawman drawing of a stereotypical Sup Forums NEET who wants to "make gaymes" and posts on Sup Forums

maybe we offload them to /biz/

/biz/ is pretty dead and they should circlejerk about their consumerist meme fantasies there ... it would be a nice addition to /biz/ ;)

they could also learn something about economics there and why X company doesnt go out of business because weebs buy a few cpus from company Y.

>tfw you will never drop a bomb inside of a beautiful rich codemonkey's pussy

Dedicated PC board, leave Sup Forums consolepleb shithole as it is.

>hourly sticker thread literally made by redbubble's owner
>newpipe shilling thread made obviously by the developer
>clover thread with always the same autistic OP, probably developer in disguise
>Dell shilling threads
>LG shilling threads
>windows fucking 10 shilling all the time

Not so long ago we had like 4 desktop threads every single fucking day with the same people complimenting their riced arch installations.
One day someone got pissed, started deleting them and the problem doesn't exist anymore.

Proper and enforced moderation. That's everything you fucking need.

I would be fine with benchmarks on every CPU/GPU release.
Just make a fucking sticky so the board isn't shat on by Sup Forumsedditor children arguing which corporation is the best.

And detele all those "le windoze sucks, how can lincucks complete" etc etc threads.

Or just make a new "Operating systems, cybersecurity, networking" board and merge Sup Forums with Sup Forums.

Sup Forums - Technology
/cc/ - Computer customization (including battlestations, desktops, homescreens, everyday faggotry etc)
/ce/ - Consumer electronics

really ban, delete tech support garbage. Keep it in the sqt or fuck off to /wsr/. In an ideal world /sqt/ shouldn't even have to exist.

Get rid of all the Sup Forumsiggers

The real problem isn't Sup Forums but consumer whores.

mechanical keyboard threads and "chink shit general" need to be shoah'd

/csg/ keep to themselves in one, contained thread.
Sup Forumsiggers however maintain a constant collection of at least 10 shitposting threads.

You keep telling yourself that. Do you believe every greentext story you read on /r9k/ too?

i seriously hope all of you die painful deaths. bot even joking. i never knew this level of hate could be achieved.

my only consolation is to know every single one of you will die no matter what.

Why are you here?
Honestly curious.

Bring back desktop threads.

Anyone notice how many anti piracy fags are on Sup Forums now? Sup Forums needs to get out with their morality bullshit.

>piracy
Murdering people on the high seas is wrong.

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy

kys

With all the constant shilling around I'd say we definitely needs IDs.

why are phone posters still allowed to post? you can evade bans effortlessly and they are bar none the biggest shitposters on all of Sup Forums.

Easy solution: require the client to send an expensive hash as proof of work.
This should drain the phoneposter's batteries fast.

at least you can filter their threads and most of their posts with literally 5 lines of filter regex

I see the four sides here

1) The programmers

>Tech isn't really important, just an old thinkpad running Linux is enough
>Anything else is Sup Forums tier gaming babby shit
>Actually know how shit works but have no passion towards anything but writing shit in a text editor
>Superiority complex and an ego the size of a small planet

2) Normies

>Every new meme must be bought because tech is their """passion"""
>Absolutely no clue about how things actually work
>Absolutely no interest in learning how things actually work
>$5000 furniture in /bst/ threads among three 4K screens
>Extremely opinionated, but on both sides of the board (Apple and Microshit), as long as it's expensive they will defend it
>Easily make up for the majority of mobile posters

3) Sup Forums tier babbys

>Play games all day but every now and then they get too tired, before mom has those tendies ready, they look up recent gaming benchmarks and shitpost on Sup Forums
>Even more opininated than normies but have a slightly bigger interest in how everything works
>Would maybe be able to comprehend stuff but learning isn't gaming and you can't do two things at once
>Every time AMD is coming up with something new, they jump on the bandwagon and when the benchmarks show it's not as good as they hoped it to be, they jump back on the intel bandwagon
>Most are normies who got lured into the game by Sup Forumsirgins posting their expensive gayming gear in /bst/ threads and now have no life nor friends
>Highest post count on Sup Forums

4) Degenerates and weirdos

>Can't stop posting their dildos to Sup Forums
>Neets who think they are superior to Sup Forums tier babbys
>At best know a little of some useless language like python or lua
>Some times are pedophiles too but pretend it's not a problem
>Contribute absolutely nothing to Sup Forums but it's their only way to seek attention
>Not very different to Sup Forumsirgins except they're too busy posting on Sup Forums to be good at any game

Nu-Sup Forums is just newfags from reddit and twitter.

>chinese moot
fucking kek

4) is the original Sup Forums

I'm none of these

Sup Forums was always for freaks and degenerates. Being a normal well adjusted person needs to be a bannable offense.

Why are the muh productivity fags playing pretend with their xeon in their mom's basement always having such a hissyfit on this board. Feigning to be a serious cat breaking away from tech won't make you have a normal life.

Then what are you doing here?

I agree to the fullest, let the janitors press their thumb against stupid tech support questions and the parallel running shill threads and we'll be good to go, or at least better than now.

the most sensible solution seems to be creating new boards to contain the consumerist/shilling cancer and ban the Sup Forums scum.
MAKE Sup Forums GREAT AGAIN!

It already exists.

It's called /r/pcmasterrace

Create more threads that you like instead of whining like a numale cuck

Sup Forums yes
Sup Forums no

how could you filter via regex the *phone poster*. you mean the smartphone threads, right?

simple: I noticed that their apps use predictable filenames:

-only file extension like .jpg
-replaces real filename with 'image(s)' or 'download(s)'
-screenshots: "screenshot 2017" "screenshot from 2017" "screenshot_2017" (extensively used for twitter screencap+someone BTFO shitposting)
-not sure the source but I began to see a lot of IMG_2017 filenames

note: maybe some of these are not images posted from mobile, but accompany shitposts so much you have nothing to lose but a bit to gain when filtering them, from all board, recursively, OPs included, without stubs.

Don't believe me? Go to the archive and search for these filenames.

>my only consolation is to know every single one of you will die no matter what.
There's another "consolation" , kys.

have you seen the shitfest /dpt/ is? maybe 5% of the replies don't break rules 3 and 6.

Are you implying that anyone here takes 3 and 6 seriously ?
If we would enforce them even half heartly Sup Forums would have been dead for good.

I'm 1, 2 and 4

>merge Sup Forums with Sup Forums

>4
>Not very different to Sup Forumsirgins except they're too busy posting on Sup Forums to be good at any game
I chortled.

How about enforcing the board rules? 90% of permathreads on Sup Forums literally break the board rules yet are protected by the mods. The remaining 10% are always obvious shill threads, which also happen to obviously be protected by the mods (make a single spoof thread which says exactly the opposite of these shill threads? Insta-deleted, yet they're allowed to have 10 threads shilling their garbage product to the bump limit).