Gaming aside, how does Ryzen do with programming, virtualization, emulation, and running Linux?

Gaming aside, how does Ryzen do with programming, virtualization, emulation, and running Linux?

I'm planning to make my computer a workstation with a bit of gaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen-1700&num=4
servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-linux-benchmarks/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-python-linux-kernel-compile-benchmarks/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen-1700&num=1
forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Gaming
Back to >>/lgbt/

Learn to read retard

Emulation it'll usually be behind Kaby Lake, for that you want the better per thread performance.

Multiple VMs and big builds it'll do well.

>how does Ryzen do with programming, virtualization, emulation, and running Linux?
Fucking amazing, it only really falls behind a bit when it comes to single threaded applications like Photoshop.
DO NOT GET THE 1700X OR THE 1800X. Just get the 1700 and OC it to 3.9GHz and you'll have literally the same performance as the 1800X.
As far as gaming goes, it's a little behind intel. AMD themselves admitted that their IPC is around 6% behind Kaby Lake

Pretty awesome tbqh.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen-1700&num=4

servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-linux-benchmarks/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-python-linux-kernel-compile-benchmarks/

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen-1700&num=1

Extremely fast compiling times.

>With a bit of gaming
You are bisexual atleast so my comment stands. Back to your containment board for gaming.

>ended up pre ordering the 1700 because i'm a poorfag.
>it actually overperforms on the specific tasks i will use it.
>feelgoodman.jpg

That's why the industry is excited about these chips, and the kids are whining about their console.

Save for emulation (probably) better than the competition.

Ridiculous since it's the complete opposite of what it was advertised as.

>the industry is excited about these chips
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I love it when Sup Forumsedditor children pretend to know stock

>Gaming aside, how does Ryzen do with programming, virtualization, emulation, and running Linux?
Pretty good, although it remains to be seen how it supports important features like whatever AMD's version of Intel's VT-d is. My main interest in Ryzen is in running VMs with GPU passthrough, but they really need to have done it right for that to work well. We'll see.

I'm also hoping for dual CPU motherboards, although I suspect that will only come with their Opteron-branded chips.

Completely unusable for emulation. An i7-7500U (which is a Laptop CPU) is faster than the best Ryzen.

forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/

here is a ton of benches, fuck, that 30w performance
The guy did better review than most reviewers.

yes, i'm sure that 500 people in whole world really care

I cant wait to have a dual proc version of this doing rendering 24/7.

>wants a workstation with a bit of gaming
>the one emulator benchmark you post is a goddamn wii/gaymcube emulator

>getting your data from rando web forums

Top Zozzle

can it actually emulate ps2?

i remember fx8350 couldnt for aome instructions reason yet i5 2500 could

Emulators are always cpu bound. If you think rypoo will magically beat intel in pcsx2 which uses avx2, your're retarded.

Not great, the sweat spot for productivity has been quite stable at a fast 4c,4t cpu feeding GPGPUs for the heavy lifting. Anything that can be done well with more cores can be done better on the GPU from rendering to deep learning.

More importantly, how bad is windows 7 support?

my 955 BE emulates PS2 just fine

There is no Windows 7 support. You can run it but you will likely have many crashes.

More thorough than youtube celebrity.

Why the insecurity, user? What are you trying to hide?

is that an intel chip? i remember it being an amp issue

It doesn't even have sse4. Try increasing ps2 internal clock, open ratchet and clank and come again.

>yes, i'm sure that 500 people in whole world really care
>>the one emulator benchmark you post is a goddamn wii/gaymcube emulator

I hate you defensive faggots. I wish people here could just accept things as they are instead of getting butthurt because their retarded emotional identification with fucking consumer technology causes them assdevastation when their favorite thing is inevitably not the best

fuck you

>blaming AMD because retarded programmers enjoys Intel dick

That's way too generic of a question to ask. I am programming and building stuff everyday and it does it extremely fast on a cheap CPU so worrying about performance is a non issue. On the other hand if you doing something like compiling multiple linux distros every week (for what reason I have no clue) that takes a long ass time and you can really see some time savings with the new Ryzen cpus.

BUT CAN IT MINE KRYPTO CURRENCY?

>unusable
lmao

I own an FX-9590 (unfortunately) and I've never had a problem with Dolphin on it, why the fuck would a CPU 15% faster be unusable? I won't be able to hit 500FPS? Oh dear.

>mining with a CPU
i hope you're not serious

>i7-7500U
Yes, I'm sure this horrendously limited dual core mobile part with a 2.7ghz base clock that can throttle far below it is totally superior in real world performance.
The Dolphin bench is a meaningless AVX loop.