/edc/ - Every Day Carry thread: rate, critique and judge each others edc

/edc/ - Every Day Carry thread: rate, critique and judge each others edc.

Other urls found in this thread:

laleggepertutti.it/144972_coltello-quando-mi-fermano-se-la-lama-e-troppo-lunga
sicurezzapubblica.wikidot.com/armi-non-da-sparo
asaps.it/downloads/files/art_pag_46_cent_175.pdf
poliziadistato.it/statics/26/inserto-armi.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd love to post in this but my phone is covered in two rubber bands right now so I'm too embarrassed to post a picture of it.

Nah, post it no need to feel embarrassed.

>would love to post mine
>shit digital camera requires batteries
>I don't have any batteries

I'd post mine but my desk has lots of ugly holes

>inb4 Amerilards start posting knives, guns, deep fried butter and anti-tank rockets

These threads always suck.

Lol I am american lol, not all of us carry knives and guns.

edc

How is your wife's son, cuck?

Maybe Ill snap a pic later

But right now err day I have a Lumia Winphone, a Lenovo 10" tablet for wardriving and a nikon d5100 w/35mm

Sometimes I leave phone at home but I always, always have that camera. I love that size.

> place carrefully your stuff
> put phone in photo mode with timer
> place a mirror over
Shitty solution but still

Love me some pocket salad

>I'm too embarrassed to post a picture of it

Seriously. You guys belong in .

Shut up no one asked you. KYS neet.

Well, you're one of the good ones.

:3

>Ponyfag with a ferrari

>brony ever using a knuckleduster

shitty pic incoming

i'm glad i live in europe where being a knife welding faggot is illegal

lol I'm italian

Got the 13 inch for notes, 15 inch for vidya, my beats for music, and an ipad air 2 for reading comics.

Rate.

>inb4 looks like a woman's EDC.

No, I just prefer pen and paper over electronics.

È illegale anche in Italia per i coltelli sopra una certa lunghezza, e quello nella foto sembra essere ben oltre la soglia.

>live in Switzerland
>can literally carry pic related without problem

One of the safest countries on earth.

> got knife when I was an edgy teenager
> stopped carrying around when I grew up
> next day find myself in various situations where I needed it
> start carrying it again
> repeat steps 2-4

I can never catch a break.

Le 4 dite le supera di poco, basta avere la mano piccola ~

Se non ricordo male la cosa delle 4 dita è solo una diceria, e che la legge è in realtà definita in centimetri.
Ci sono ovviamente eccezioni per coltellini svizzeri ed altre lame di cui puoi aver bisogno per lavoro (tipo portarsi un aprilettere nella ventiquattro ore) e cose del genere, ma generalmente un coltello come quello nella foto è considerato una potenziale arma.

Non citarmi su niente però, perchè è un sacco che non mi informo, e potrei sbagliarmi.
Ora cerco su Google per sicurezza.

Moto G4
Subaru
Moleskin / G-2 0.38
Wallet

why not a 50mm?
i guess 35 is more versatile

Is this a new meme
2 macbooks, ipad, iphone, beats

>I just prefer pen and paper over electronics.
>that shitphone
>a watch

Fucking luddite what are you doing on a technology board? Get the fuck out of here

I prefer paper and pen over electronics when it comes to planing, note taking and organization.

Nothing can substitute pen and paper when it comes to that.

Because you're a luddite.

That or you're like, 40 years old. Grandpa please.

Tell me, how is my Filofax organizing system worse than some shit tablet or notebook?

>no need to recharge it
>everything is accessible right away
>better clarity
>better for memorizing since you actually write it

Only morons use tablets.

Sembra che la lunghezza della lama non sia rievante dal '75, e che fin da allora l'unico fattore significativo è la presenza o meno di un "giustificato motivo" per il porto del coltello.
Giusto per curiosità, tu ce l'hai un motivo?
Perchè altrimenti dovresti trovarne uno prima di uscirci di nuovo.

Fonti:
laleggepertutti.it/144972_coltello-quando-mi-fermano-se-la-lama-e-troppo-lunga

sicurezzapubblica.wikidot.com/armi-non-da-sparo
("Lunghezza e affilatura della lama")

asaps.it/downloads/files/art_pag_46_cent_175.pdf
(ultima pagina)

poliziadistato.it/statics/26/inserto-armi.pdf
(pagina 11, punto 6.5 - le armi “bianche”)

Le prime che ho trovato, e non ho voglia di cercarne altre. Sei libero di fare il resto della ricerca se vuoi lol.

>no need to recharge it
Not an argument, literally anywhere you go, you can find power outlets.
>everything is accessible right away
So is on digital devices
>better clarity
In what way?
>better for memorizing since you actually write it
I'll give you that one, but your devices can alert you at specific times, so you're 100% sure not to forget anything, which is a great advantage.
>Only morons use tablets.
I wouldn't know I don't have one. But phablets are very popular nowadays, merging the usability of tablets with the utility of smartphones.

>no guns yet

Predatory homosexual starter kit / 10

Not him but

>Not an argument, literally anywhere you go, you can find power outlets.
Not being able to recharge your device isn't the only reason someone might not want a gadget that needs to be recharged.
Some people don't like having to remember to charge it, or having to wait to use it when it's not charged or charging, etc.
Also charging isn't always available.

>So is on digital devices
A digital device might not always be available, for example while you're using it for something else that you can't put away to do what you could easily do on paper without switching back and forth.

>In what way?
Don't know what he meant exactly but it's significantly easier to do things on paper that aren't simple plaintext. You can draw schemes and graphics any way you want without being limited by what the software is programmed for.
If you're used to doing that on paper, then doing it on a phone/tablet becomes frustratingly limited and/or complicated.

I don't do any kind of note-taking, but if I did it'd be on paper, with a smartphone for alerts and stuff.
It's the best of both worlds.

INB4 the autist with 15 glocks, 2 assault weapons and a texas key chain

>this thread

Pockets/Body:
>Timex Expedition Scout (red plaid band)
>iPhone 7 Plus with wallet case
>Fisher Space Pen Bullet
>Keys (plus Gerber Shard)
>Electronic Cigarette (not the way you're thinking)
>Victorinox Rangerwood 55 knife
>Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
>Skateboard

Backpack (InCase Icon Pack):
>Dell XPS 13 Developer (Fedora 25/GNOME)
>iPad Pro (smaller one, with pencil)
>Kindle Paperwhite
>Shure SE215 earphones
>Anker Powercore+ Battery Bank
>Magazines
>iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit
>Nalgene Bottle
>Umbrella
>Field Notes
>2x Fisher Space Pen Military
>Sparrows Kick Start Lock Pick Set
>Assorted Flash Drives
>Small (flask-sized) bottle of whiskey
>Electronic Cigarette Juice
>Travel Toothbrush
>Toiletries (deodorant, toothpaste, eye drops, chap stick)
>Extra Shirt
>Clipper Lighter
>ChaFon 6-in-1 cable

Umm, there is an EDC thread on /fa/ right now, and honestly it is better than most EDC threads here.

>be me
>be american
>carry scissors, screwdrivers, razor blades, wrenches, needles, seamrippers, other tools
>not carry a knife
>never need one

Also never carried a gun, hell I dont think Ive touched a gun.

ignoring the obvious bait, it looks like you have a Ferrari keychain that's attached with a rubber band and also not even to any car keys whatsoever, so not only do you not have a Ferrari, you don't even have a car.

you're fine but
>2 phones
for what purpose?

>not one, but two macbooks AND an ipad
10/10 bait, got me to reply

would hang out with

I didn't realize it was possible to be an eagle scout and a hipster at the same time

you edc the tiger too?

Not included is my backpack with school shit cause that's not quite everyday.

I swap between the skeeltool and benchmade depending on day/need.

Also pictured:
All-et nylon wallet
Nexus 6
Small ass stainless flashlight
Keys

tmobile signal is nonexistent on base so the sony has a prepaid att sim

no. maybe on the boat i will.

>I didn't realize it was possible to be an eagle scout and a hipster at the same time

Legitimately don't know what you mean with either of these.

>eagle scout
you have like 50 things on your person at all times, including toiletries and spare clothes
>referring to "always be prepared"

>hipster
you carry an ipad w/pencil, kindle, and e-cigs so you're painting a mental image for me here

Why are non-Americans always so insecure around guns

I think it really boils down to this, if you're not exposed to something regularly you don't trust it.

not pictured is a messenger bag for my surface 3 with some flash drives, cables, adapters, etc for work

sage

find it funny that if you get robbed you will make some random asshole really really happy.

What's the sauce on that Seiko?

What kind of notepad is that user? Looks slick asf.

What's yur rate user?
Thinkin of enlisting to do some type of paralegal work. Are POG/clerical jobs easy to score into?

>browsing this thread
>see that seiko and like it
>google seiko uc3000
>browse a few photos
>scan over an article
>know everything about it in 20 seconds
>come back here
>your post pops up
>you're still sitting there waiting for an answer
feels good to not be a stupid person

Nice cat broskie.

I guess that makes sense.

I work remote for a fiber ISP so I basically get paid to have my laptop with me at all times, so I figured I may as well throw some extra shit in my backpack since I had it. I also stay in hotels relatively frequently hence the toiletries.

As for the hipster thing, I guess I can see your connection, but I'm a fat dude who has 20 of the same charcoal t-shirts and blue jeans. wear shoes that aren't leather, and have had the same buzzcut and clean shave for 17+ years. They wouldn't let me into the mustache club.

OVVIAMENTE il ponyfrocio è italiano

Whenever I see weapons in edc threads I cringe so hard. Seriously grow the fuck up.

electronics technician, nuclear trained, or still in training rather.

what sort of paralegal rater were you looking at? all im gonna say is that if youre smart enough to post on Sup Forums, youll probably get a good enough asvab score to where they'll try to hook you on sone sort of engineering type job. you can always say no, but they got quotas to fill.

>Tfw I want to post my edc but don't want to trigger europoors

Its a moleskine

>ignoring the obvious bait, it looks like you have a Ferrari keychain that's attached with a rubber band and also not even to any car keys whatsoever, so not only do you not have a Ferrari, you don't even have a car.

Huh?

its a UC-3000 memo diary I bought on ebay not too long ago

do you have a feminine penis to go with that bracelet?

lol this guy

Edc

It could also be the extrapolation of the purpose of it, which while I'm a gun user, can completely understand.

The purpose of a gun is to inflict violence at a distance upon a target. If it's concealed it doesn't act as a deterrent, so a carrier has to brandish it once a situation has gone too far to attempt to de-escalate it.

There is a chance that won't work though and now the carrier has to decide if they're going to be a hero or not, risking violence to unarmed collateral. Accidental discharge is also >0.

So if you're in a safe, modern metropolis, there's no persistent need to edc one and those that do are deemed mentally in fear of something rare happening that, should it happen, usually results in them escalating damages beyond where they would've been without their presence.

Still love guns though, they're awesome engineering.

judging by your carry, you are probably and edgy teen that wants to shoot up a school?

>Adolf Kekler

Underrated

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

>10000mAH power bank, switching between Xiaomi, Huawei, tech.inc, whatever is fully charged that day.

>16 year old wallet

>Keys with a miniseas flash drive (16GB), and micro SD card reader

>Moleskine
>Not Leuchtturm or Rhodia
top pleb

Are you an autistic hitman?

M/41/Executive Wendy's Chef/600k/yr

Nice kitty.

Your life looks cool but too stressful for my taste.

Details on that wallet, please. Looks cute and functional.

Am I the only one that barely carries anything? I usually have a pack of gum and my phone only. I don't bring my wallet or my keys with me everywhere.

I wish my life could be so simple.

Can't get stabbed when knifes are illegal, right?

10/10 plan

It can be user.

Is this the daily autism thread?

Commute every day into fucking rising or setting sun so sunglasses, balding so baseball cap, ID/credit cards/cash, sign shit all the time so pen, dual sim phone (used to carry two that was shitty), bluetooth headset for work, bluetooth headphones for music that I can't use@work since unprofessional, leatherman for get this shit undoing tens of staples every day, stack of keys, three car keys - company, private DD for commute and private truck, hand sanitizer, there's more I just can't remember. Also have to carry stacks of paper with me all the time, used to have fancy zero halliburton briefcase to fit in, now I don't give a shit and have cheap chink tactical backpack.

I'm dreaming of just having phone, truck key and credit card on me.

Iktf. I only carry my wallet, keys, music player, and big brother tracking card for when I travel. I don't really carry a phone with me because if we were honest there are very little extremely important phone calls we need to take at any moment, and if there were I have a landline at home to receive the call.

What's that thing on the phone case?

Looking for a handheld to play some vidya
Part of me wants to go nintendo for sweet sweet nostaglia, the other part wants the vita for jappo shit
what do

what genres do you like?

i've never owned a vita, but i've had a ds, ds lite, and 3ds. everytime i got it i was super into it for like 3 months then never touched it again

Fuck user that is a bunch of shit. Just put all of your money or cards inside of a wallet. You should also get one of those bluetooth earbuds that goes around your neck. (They should also he pretty good for music)
There is a bunch of things that you really don't need to carry. Also you can keep a few bills behind your phone case, and use Apple or Samsung Pay as an alternative to having cards. (Samsung Pay literally works everywhere)

There is always someone home so I don't need to have keys, and I don't really need to bring a wallet because I don't buy a lot of things. (If I know I may need money that day I put a few bucks in my phone case)

So usually on the weekdays (While I am at School) I only have a phone and pack of gum. On the weekends or other whenever I go out basically, I have my phone, wallet, and Spyderco.

I like pretty much everything except horrer tb.h

That doesn't really help.
PSP's library is nearly all rhythm games and PS1/PS2/PC Engine JRPG ports, which isn't a bad thing at all. It's also the easiest console to hack, so I'd go with that simply for the replay value alone.