Explain this

Explain this.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_in_World_War_I#Impact_of_US_forces_on_the_war
spartacus-educational.com/FWWarmies1914.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cucked

Because surrenders aren't seen heroic enough for action video games.

lol what?how cam

It's a game designed for American teenage audience, that doesn't know anything about WW1 except that they presumably won it.

But then why Italy? Is it just so that they can have alpine maps?

They probably just don't give a shit

>WWI
>France surrendering
>Finnish education

>Largest army on the allied side
>Involved in the most iconic and decisive battles on the Western Front (Marne, Verdun)
>First professional airforce in the world
>Location of the Allied Command, with a French General being declared supreme commander
>Not a main combatant

>Italy
>Joke of an army
>Unable to defeat Austria-Hungary, a country that already got its shit pushed in by Russia to such an extent military operations independent of Germany were literally impossible
>Their military strategy can be summarized as "uphill trenches, what could possibly go wrong?"
>Didn't even get most of their territorial demands because the allies saw they did literally nothing
>"Main combatant"

>United States
>Joined in the tail end of the war
>Dependent on French and British weapons and helmets
>Used entirely outdated strategies
>Only brought numbers to the field
>"Main combatant"

I know the target audience is American and I know Americans don't have too high an opinion of the French, but how the fuck is this even possible? They ditched the leader on the Western Front in favor of a joke nation and a latecomer? France, Britain and Russia would make much more sense.

Maybe they could have used Bulgaria instead of Germany as well

>>Used entirely outdated strategies
>>Only brought numbers to the field

This the opposite of the truth.

Just saiyan.

Also, if the US had come out and said we were not going to intervene in the war, you would literally be speaking German right now. Probably every other European ITT as well.

>Also, if the US had come out and said we were not going to intervene in the war, you would literally be speaking German right now

Are you joking?

I'm American. You never really know, do you?

>This the opposite of the truth.
How wrong you are, let me count the ways.

>Outdated strategies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_in_World_War_I#Impact_of_US_forces_on_the_war
>American commanders used the same flawed tactics which the British and French had abandoned early in the war, and so not all American offensives were particularly effective. Pershing continued to commit troops to full- frontal attacks, resulting in high casualties against veteran German units.

>Only brought numbers to the field
>Nevertheless, the infusion of new U.S. troops greatly strengthened the Allies' strategic position and boosted morale.

That's what the Americans brought: numbers. And not even the numbers they already had in the field, those were unimpressive.
spartacus-educational.com/FWWarmies1914.htm
They had mobilized HALF the troops of the French or British. What America brought to the field was the threat of more and more troops being brought in. Effectively, they were about as impactful to the war as Algeria or India, other great sources of manpower.

>Also, if the US had come out and said we were not going to intervene in the war, you would literally be speaking German right now. Probably every other European ITT as well.
Objectively false. The American involvement only inspired an early German surrender... which resulted in the creation of the "stab in the back" myth and was directly the cause for both the holocaust and WW2.

The Americans did not end WW1, they started WW2.

Ffs I can vaguely see how they could say that for ww2 but for ww1 that's absolute bollocks the French contributed way more than America or Italy

to justify the central powers winning during games senpai.

Warum, sprechen wir jetzt nicht deutsch?

He's not joking, with Russia out of the game, things would have turned really grim for you.

While I agree with most of the stuff you've mentioned,
>The Americans did not end WW1, they started WW2
is not right, the Germans would have punished the Entente as much as the Entente punished Germany in our time. The French radicals were really jumpy in our timeline after the Great Depression, imagine what if they had lost.

Germany just freed up the Eastern Front and their rail system allowed them to quickly redeploy. Even when the "surrendered" they were under the impression they weren't and it was just a mutual peace. Its doubtful the Western Allies would have convinced Krautland to surrender without American numbers. Not to mention their realization as to what would happen when our industry shifted to a war footing.

I don't know maybe because without the Brits you would have fallen to the Krauts. Or maybe Swedes hate France. Or France isn't a big VG market.

>is not right, the Germans would have punished the Entente as much as the Entente punished Germany in our time
They would not for two reasons:
1. No America means the war lasts longer and pushes into German lands. The Germans will be able to see for themselves that they have lost the war.
2. No America in Versailles means the Entente will be more inclined to cripple Germany rather than let it off the hook easily.

>I know Americans don't have too high an opinion of the French,
That's a meme desu we generally like them and there are a lot of Francophiles here. The surrender monkey thing is more of a joke.

Pretty fucking shit that France isn't in there. I was also hoping for Australians to at least appear as part of the British faction but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Surely if the Ottomans are in it then the Gallipoli Campaign should be featured.

It's probably wise to choose Britain as it's an English language game

Not sure why they'd choose italy over France tho

we won lol

Fuck. There is no Imperial Japan, we fighted with fucking Germany in China.

>USA and Italy in there
>France and Russia aren't

errm, this is not the WWI I remember

Kek if they aren't including France or Russia there's no chance of Japan

>no bulgaria
what a shitty game

>creation of the "stab in the back" myth and was directly the cause for both the holocaust and WW2.
>Holocaust
Yeah that had nothing to do with long existing European anti-Semitism or the ties between communists and Jewish intellectuals. It clearly was all America's fault.
>The Americans did not end WW1, they started WW2.
Read a book on the peace process. We were the more rational ones initially. The fucking French the whole time wanted to brutally punish the Germans. Clemenceau never forgive them for the French defeat in the Franco-Prussian War. Not to mention large portions if French territory was trashed. The French would have never let the Germans off.

French already surrender.

>Features black people prominently
>Doesn't feature le French who were notorious for making their blacks do 99% of the actual fighting

Americans confirmed retartet

Maybe, the 3 nations will show up in DLC.

>No America means the war lasts longer and pushes into German lands
Based on the four years of war, this wouldn't be likely to happen as the whole front was practically static for almost 4 years. The war would have been won by the one who had more manpower and if Germany could fend off the Entente attacks on the West, while keeping up the fight on the East just alright, they would have probably been more powerful with a relieved Eastern front. Germany's biggest enemy were the public and the shortages, thanks to the blockade of the Entente.

>No America in Versailles means the Entente will be more inclined to cripple Germany rather than let it off the hook easily.
The Wilsonian Points weren't even taken seriously in our timeline, senpai.

>netherlands
>talking about war

Italy is an odd choice. Either some if the developers are Italian or they want to include some terrain they fought in like the Alps.
>tfw You will never be an Austrian clearing Italians out of the Alps with based Rommel.

>That's a meme desu
Yeah, a meme in the original sense as Richard Dawkins intended.

>we generally like them
That doesn't mean you have a high opinion of them, especially in military matters.

>and there are a lot of Francophiles here
Yeah, hipsters. For the average American audience, according to actual polls and statistics, from 2003 it took the French ten years to recover from being on par with America's strategic enemies to being on par with FUCKING INDIA in the view of the average American.

>The surrender monkey thing is more of a joke.
Have you seen the state of your country? The mixing of entertainment and news in your country is so disturbing, it's unsurprising that many people actually believe in this joke.

>Based on the four years of war, this wouldn't be likely to happen as the whole front was practically static for almost 4 years.
The allies made a pretty big push in 1917 and rather recently Foch had been appointed as supreme commander of the Allies. The same Foch that said "My center is collapsing, my left is retreating... excellent, we attack!"

> The war would have been won by the one who had more manpower and if Germany could fend off the Entente attacks on the West, while keeping up the fight on the East just alright
Russia was out of the war, but so were the Ottomans and the Austrians. Germany was entirely alone against France, Britain, Italy and a heavy influx of supplies from their colonies. Combine this with their three navies which could entirely focus on Germany, as well as the fact that their very unhappy newly acquired territories from Brest-Litovisk actually meant manpower was needed to durably maintain an occupation and the German prospects become a lot more bleak.

>Germany's biggest enemy were the public and the shortages
That too. We almost had a communist Bavaria.

At least, EA must include great power nations. I won't buy this like shit COD.

sometimes I forgot Russia was an important player in WW1

Netherlands this butthurt

Because [I]they [B]can[/B][/I]

Don't worry, so did DICE. I'm surprised they remembered the Ottomans.

No Canada no buy.

>The Americans did not end WW1, they started WW2
Nice meme

>the americans started WW2

Y no France tho
It was fought in fucking France

>The allies made a pretty big push in 1917
If those pushes had been significant, the war would have ended in the same year, instead, they needed the Americans to make mentionable achievements. When the ceasefire was signed, the front was still almost exclusively in Entente soil (there had been a few kilometers in Elsass-Lothringen since the beginning of the war, but the Southern part of the front was insignificant).

>Russia was out of the war, but so were the Ottomans and the Austrians.
Uhm, no?

>Ottomon is in Battlefield 1
w-wait you know what.I think I know why they put all this variety of countries in there.If you watch the trailer there's a desert scene.There probably add Ottoman in there so that we can play Galipoli.

Just think about it,US only partipate in Western front and you already have Brits and France over there.Of cource Americans are gonna choose Brits.As for Italians,they do it for the sake of Mountain warfare

>the Apennine Peninsula in the past millenium
>talking about war

fortunately has arrived someone smarter then french and brits, thank you my sandokan friend for saying what seems to be too hard to understand for european guys

>my mere existence troubles this asspained dutchman

>in the past millenium
my god my frog eater friend in the past millenium we had more wars in our territory than the rest of the world

>we can't have the French as a faction because muh single desert map

Not our game. Also, the Harlem Hellfighters fought with the French

>The US Army decided on 8 April 1918 to assign the unit to the French Army for the duration of the United States' participation in the war; this regiment was assigned to French Army command because many white American soldiers refused to perform combat duty with black soldiers.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

well I would've picked a more suitable term than "wars" but yeah essentially you subniggers were even worse than us at triggering skirmishes to kill one another over tiny plots of land. In terms of continental-wide wars you guys ain't got shit even Poland is more powerful

No France... lol. One less reason to even try this game.

>The Americans did not end WW1, they started WW2.
Yeah, because Wilson's 14 points were as harsh as Clemenceau demands, right?

>That doesn't mean you have a high opinion of them, especially in military matters.
Higher than anyone in NATO besides Britain desu.

American teens are being brainwashed by the media to believe that they're the most important nation in the world, so why stop at historical videogames for the sake of accuracy?

Imagine all the lost sales because the game doesn't fit the stunted worldview of your average burgerlard.

>American teens are being brainwashed by the media to believe that they're the most important nation in the world
Because we are
Commies get fucked

>napoleone
>the only relevant french warlord
>born in historical italian territory

france still is relevant uh

>Imagine all the lost sales because the game doesn't fit the stunted worldview of your average burgerlard.
Remember that American tv show "deadliest warrior?". There was this episode that implied Israeli commandos are better than American commandos, and it went down so badly with the general American audience that the creators from that show decided Americans are never allowed to lose from that point onward. This resulted in the now legendary Washington vs Napoleon episode.

Are you a Turk, Morrocan or just retarded? The dumbest shit in this thread is all from Dutch posts.

HAHAHAHA or that SWAT vs GSG shit

>implying I'm wrong
Stay deluded

The amount of butt hurt Dutch

>unintentionally corroborating the theory this much

Source you fucking faggot

>sandokan
lol I never knew you guys have a story written about us,that is very interesting thing to know.

anyway,your welcome dude.Also I just read about Italian involvement in WW1 and it seems it is a very sad war.Especially the Battle of Carporetto. I mean if I was in the Italian army, I would also surrender because if you have a very terrible leader like Cadorna. Of course it's not worth to die for your country.Italians could be great if they remove these incompetent generals early in the war.

Good generals don't execute your men for the smallest mistake.

That was the point tho

>people love the dutch
>I've always hated them
>people finally realise how big cunts they are

GET FUCKED

1. Americans aren't making the game you autist.
2. We aren't brainwashed we are the most important nation it's just some Americans are retarded. Our news and education constantly stress our allies and trade partners and the economic power of China.
3. Militarily we arguably are the most important.

Why are they so salty though.
Is it all that ocean water flooding in?

apparently there is artwork from a "beach landing" with hills and stuff - Levelcap
So I'm hopeful Aussies are in.

The Arabs are in, and they aren't mentioned, so perhaps at a later date or DLC they'll be put in...

>So I'm hopeful Aussies are in
I want to fight in Gallipoli

Also
>Arabs as "good guys" in the DLC
I wonder how much of a shit storm there will be

You do know American posts like that are usually just fucking around. Actual American stupidity manifests itself here as contemplating an issue and then seriously stating the most retarded interpretation. Like the best global boger face images.

>I never knew you guys have a story written about us,that is very interesting thing to know.
yeah, actually it is a very popolar and known character in italy

cadorna was a fucking retarded, we lost a lot of young and brave men at the fronter, but we still resisted, only thanks to our courage i think

Don't listen to that burthurt faggot. He is probably a retarded immigrant. Dutch in general have in general no idea when it comes to war. We are just simple tradesman and desu I don't give 2 shits about war anyways

Over what? The Arabs or the DLC?

ahah it remembers me when friends and family forgot about me at the store or at the cinema.
;_;

Yeah I have no clue what he's talking about. I've also seen one where they said a spetsnaz soldier was better than a SEAL which based on dealing with hostage situations and terrorists I have to question. And even that I never heard anyone complain about.

>1. Americans aren't making the game you autist
what is DICE LA?
>I want to fight in Gallipoli
If it is in, i can GUARANTEE there will be a 24/7 Gallipoli server here. I can't wait tbqhwyf

Jij doet niet meer mee.

>We are just simple tradesman and desu I don't give 2 shits about war anyways
XVII century would disagree

It's being honest

Arabs
I'm wondering how the American audience will take it

>what is DICE LA
I thought it was DICE Stockholm this time

>Can't wait for the Gallipoli server
Neither can I
Time to find some Aussie and Kiwi friends I can play with

Many playable factions of historial based games are based on market size, not history

Maybe there aren't many French playing battlefield when compared to Italians?

Happens all the time. Suddenly backwater factions are put in games to appease certain markets.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHERE IS THE HISTORICAL ACCURACY!!!?

THE USA LOST MORE TROOPS TO THE SPANISH FLU THEN IN COMBAT!

THE FRENCH DID ALL THE HARD WORK AND ARE NOT MENTIONED!!!

I seriously don't understand how someone is this ass-blasted about a video game.

Except the Germans lost the war in 1917.

They were suing for peace before America entered the war.

>Many playable factions of historial based games are based on market size, not history
Why is China over represented in BF4? It's not like there are many people in the PRC playing

It doesn't make sense for them not to include the French

We deden sowieso nooit mee. Neutraal blijven he

>I thought it was DICE Stockholm this time
don't think so. stockholm fucked up BF4. LA fixed it. LA has a better record.

>Except the Germans lost the war in 1917
Except they didn't

Actually, there are.

China is like 1.4 billion people.

Even 1% of that is 14 million players

>the DLC
That's always a shitstorm for every game that has it unless it's free.

The brits and the french mass produced tanks, the germans only made like 20, making trench warfare obsolete. the war would have still been won without you

Except they did stupid nigger.

The Germans failed to achieve their objectives, and so they lost.

I don't know, I've never played battlefied, I'm just throwing some hypothesis. Maybe they thought Chinese would start playing Battlefield but forgot they all are playing LoL?

I just took my opinion from "historical" based rts's.