/hpg/ headphone general

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HDE-External-Channel-Adapter-Surround/dp/B0027EMHM6
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E3SNO1G/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B01E3SNO1G&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21
penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable
amazon.com/120cm-Replacement-Cable-Headphones-Silver/dp/B01HP9EU0O
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hd600 EQ bro if you're out there, I deleted my EQ setting that you gave me a few weeks ago like a fucking idiot. If you see this can you give me the text code again. It started with 7.00 pre-amp but I can't remember the rest.

Stupid nigger, we have a thread.

Now delete this one before reports ban you.

I own a pair of Q12 bluetooth earbuds. Any user wants any info on them, I'll gladly provide.

Bump, c'mon guys we have aptx for bluetooth headphones now, it's safe to use them.

Talk me into it, quick, I'm too hesitant

>Budget
200USD, hard cap

>Location
US

>Source
Phone, Bluetooth

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed; high isolation required

>Comfort level
As high as possible

>Sound signature
Dark

>Past headphones
Crossfade LP, HD202s, Chink shit ear buds and IEMs.

I'm trying to find decent Bluetooth headphones that also have a detachable cable. I do NOT need ANC or Surround. Comfort before sound, since I have tinnitus, so please, no 'enhanced interrogation' devices. I'm not averse to buying neither Chink shit nor Beats or Skullcandy.

IF you have a wired only recommendation that you feel I have to look at, please feel free. I prefer wireless, but you guys are the 'pros' here.

GLORIOUS SUPERLUX MASTER RACE REPORTING IN

PROVE YOUR SNAPHEISER, SNAPPERDYNAMIC, SNAPKG OR AUDIO-SNAPNICA CAN DO THIS

THE CHINKS WIN ONCE AGAIN

Very comfy in both fit and sound, you can listen to this all day every day and your ears won't get really tired. Also a very good tonal balance which I think is one on the most important things in headphones, there is a reason why people who own hd800, various hi-fi memes and other shit still come back to their HD600/650.

The only 2 things that they may be not the most fun phones and that they do need an amp but you can get something like schiit fulla 2 for 100$ or some other low priced stuff. On the other hand if you go crazy those are well suited for tube amps.

Now thats some serious stretching

Worse than the hd600 but only slightly. Buy the 600 and stop being a fucking muppet.

Why would the 600 be considered better? Isn't it just more neutral?

Yes. The 650 is a slightly bloated version of the 600, and not in the fun sense. It mostly has more mid bass which means less clarity. If you're a fan or rap for example the extra bass of the 650 is not even noticeable in the way you want it to be. Overall it's a very slightly worse 600. It's fucking pointless.

I might just go with the new Monoprice M1060 instead, I'm still trying to decide.

Sony MDR1-A, Bowers & Wilkins P7, Senns Momentum 2 and Fidelio X2, I listen to hip hop, electronic, r&b, alternative rock, metal and some folk and even a bit of latin music, which one is better for me? :(

BTW, if it is expensive like the X2 then I wouldn't be able to purchase an amp, not for 2 months or so, I want to use them in my LG G4 and my PC (mobo is a gigabyte Z170 XP sli)

MDR1-A or X2's. Both are efficient and will run off your phone just fine. Custom One Pro's are on sale rn for $120CAD/88USD on NCIX.

Hello, /hpg/.

I asked before, but I forgot the recommendations...
I'm in the US, looking for something cheap, preferably with plain, non-ricey looks, 3.5mm, and anime girls wearing them are optional.

the Sony has the best ergonomics and the Senn is probably gonna have the superior sound profile

the X2 is very tempting, I'm just scratching my head a bit, I'm reading a lot of reviews in headfi from what it seems to be "the most experienced" users and some fucking praise them but other say they are just ok and overrated and even giving scores of 2 and a half star out of five, same thing happens to a lot of these reviews, all seems perfect until some smart ass says some shit that discourages me.

Is $250 ok for the fidelio X2's?, I'm about to hit the add to cart button

the sony are out of the question now, the only seller on amazon is from the UK and it would take them one month or a bit more to arrive and the warranty would be a pain in the ass, I was in contact with a guy who was selling them used but at the end he didn't want to accept credit card.

The senns look fucking sexy but two thing bother me, first the promo that's going on right now is for the model with control for ios and currently I own an android phone. Second, the cables are expensive for this model in my country and they would be a must since I want to use them on my pc so a 1.8+ meter cable is a must for me and from what I know sennheiser uses a stupid proprietary cable.

$250 is standard for X2's

Well, I guess I'd go for them then, the Senns look cool and all but I'd be too afraid of using them outside, lots of crime in my city.

Another tip, MDR1-A's are cheaper to import than get in the US

I'm not in the US, the cheapest ones I could find were those from the uk, the ones being sold in my country (aka with local warranty) are about $320 which is more than what I'd like to spend on headphones at the moment.

I wanted the HD 650's or the 600's but they need and amp so they would have been useless for me for at least 2 months.

>Budget

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Open

>Comfort level
High, #1 priority
I guess I have sensitive ears because any on ear headphones (like ATH m50) end up hurting my ears like crazy after just an hour.

>Sound signature
Neutral, using for gaming/music.

>Past headphones
Currently have ATH AD700 and I absolutely love these, little more bass would be nice but overall I find these perfect. I am looking for something as comfortable but an "upgrade" performance wise.

AKG K612

Cute.

>have been an observer of pic related too many times.
What noise canceling headphone would Sup Forums recommend for a budget of roughly $150~200 ?

Don't. M1060 sounds worse than 600/650, have mediocre pleather pads, and have issues with shitty connectors.

600/650's are still one of the best values you can get. K612 if youre poorer.

>M1060 sounds worse than 600/650

You've listened to them?

>have mediocre pleather pads

The stock ones don't seem bad, but you could always replace them with Audeze Vegan pads

>have issues with shitty connectors

I read that it can be fixed by "tightening the clasp of the mmcx connector with some tweezers", but I can't confirm

Just get some sound isolating ear buds, work the same and don't need batteries.

>tfw my MDR V6s just broke

What could I get that's just as comfy?

>You've listened to them?
Yes

>The stock ones don't seem bad, but you could always replace them with Audeze Vegan pads
Pads are glued afaik, haven't tried. They weren't mine so I wasn't going to try. They just don't breathe as well as leather or velour, but leather is too expensive and velour won't seal. Kinda just part of the price. I've seen a few SBAF measurements which seem to say they play pretty well.

>I read that it can be fixed by "tightening the clasp of the mmcx connector with some tweezers", but I can't confirm
Probably, but again, weren't my pair. I still wouldn't trust a smaller connector like MMCX on such a large headphone. A 2.5 or minixlr could have easily fit if they had done something similar to Audeze's method. Squeezing it with some tweezers doesn't seem to much like of a permanent fix anyway, not a major gripe though. If I owned them, I'd probably replace them anyway.

You could fix them, but looking at pepeposting and comfyposting you are probably not capable of doing that. Or doing anything at all for that matter. I recommend suicide.

>Budget

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Open

>Comfort level
High

>Sound signature
Neutral to warm but not too bassy

>Past headphones
MEMEfucking50

After using my LCD2.2's for a while my ears are loving them but the top of my head isn't lol. The sound justifies the weight and clamp issues i think tho.

Get a ZMF pad. Ultra comfy.

Hey guys just a quick question, is there any difference between the normal hm5 pads and the angled ones? Planning on getting either one but the angled ones are sold out right now

>sennheiser uses a stupid proprietary cable.
Not really. Any 2,5mm cable will fit the M2s just fine. I've tried it with a couple cables and they fit fine. They don't twist to lock like the OEM cable but that's not needed anyways.
Alternatively you can get a cable extension. It should be transparent assuming you get a good one, which shouldn't be hard.

The angled ones are... angled. Makes the driver not sit parallel to your head, and can sometimes make headphones sound better. Its quite dependent on the headphone.

Well I'm mostly focusing more on comfort. I'm using m40x's if it makes any difference. Just need good comfortable pads as a replacement

M40x already have angled drivers, so I'd just say get the normal ones.

That said, HM5 pads fuck up the tonality. DT250 pads [either velour or the pleather ones], or MSR7 pads are generally a better buy if you value sound as well.

If you just want all out comfort, angled is somewhat better, though both are great.

Thanks man, appreciate it

Just tried my cheap gaming headphones in this amazon.com/HDE-External-Channel-Adapter-Surround/dp/B0027EMHM6 and it sounds like complete shit and probably even 1$ headphones don't sound like that. Is it supposed to be like that?

was thinking about picking up some koss portapro limited editions at the advice of a friend cuz muh beige n also muh mics

am i falling for a meme here guys?

Yes
Portapros have a very limited use case as they're basically cheap open on-ears.
You don't need a pair, unless you want to fall for the meme

> 7.1 surround usb dongle
> Cheap gayming headset
Yes, it's supposed to sound like shit
Buy proper headphones or kill yourself

i have a pretty good overear headset i use for listening to music at home, i'm looking for something more portable for studying on campus and such, any recommendations?

Thanks for the non-anime op!

The entire world of chink shit IEMs is available.
That's probably your best bet.

>Budget
Under 50-60$

>Location
Denmark

>Source
Music on PC

>Type of headphone
Over-ear

>Comfort level
As high as possible

>Sound signature
Neutral

>Past headphones
A lot of shitty 8$ no-name headsets

Can't wait for these to turn up.
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E3SNO1G/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B01E3SNO1G&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21

But the headphones sound fine you faggot its just that when I insert them in the sound card they sound like complete shit.

Why shouldn't I buy this?

Philips X2 for £170 on Amazon UK, good price?

Because you should just buy an NFB-11 instead and not fall for the balanced cable meme.

Where to cop this chink shit tho?

audio-gd dot com, and go through their chink shit e-mailing process to order one using paypal

it's a bit of an off-putting way to buy something, but you'd be ordering directly from the manufacturer

>Budget
£200 hard limit
>Location
UK
>Source
Laptop (don't want to have external DAC/amp)
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
Neutral (or as close to neutral). No piercing treble please, I'm sick of how bright the SR850s can get.
>Past headphones
SR850 (aka 668B)

Mainly listen to classical, some soundtracks and a little electronic.

NFB-11 vs Aune X1S
both are around same price, which one

don't even bother buying £200 headphones if you're just going to plug them in directly like that

>falling for the external dac meme
unless you have noise issues your mobo dac is just fine.

What makes you think his laptop's onboard audio even has an internal DAC?

I like to walk around the house while doing work, would anybody know a good pair of wireless headphones for this?

your favorite headphones plus a bt reciever

Budget: $150 CAD
Source: Phone
Type of Headphone: Over ear
Open or closed: Closed
Comfort level: Comfy
Sound Signature: Neutral
Past Headphones: ATH-M50, AD700, MEE M6 Pro

I need a pair of headphones that I can listen to during my commute. Tired of IEMs raping my ears.

Neutral IEM's around $50 US?

Looking at the etymotic MC5, anything else to consider?

Thanks user!
I had no idea that was a thing

The cable on my shure IEMs is dying. How much should I pay for a new one? Are $200 cables snake oil? Does a $20 chink cable suffice?

They have the same DAC, but the NFB-11 has the more powerful amp. It'll probably take weeks for it to arrive, but I doubt you'd be disappointed with it.

That said, without the chance to compare the two side by side, chances are you'd probably find the Aune satisfactory as well.

how'd i do Sup Forums

>Are $200 cables snake oil?

Not worth it. If you really want a "better" cable, you could pick one of these up: penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable

or chink shit like this amazon.com/120cm-Replacement-Cable-Headphones-Silver/dp/B01HP9EU0O is probably "good enough"

That is not a good price for 558s

>not a good price
oh well
too late now

Active noise cancelling doesn't perform well against things like voice because it is pattern based - it does best against constant background noise such as fans, wind, road, etc.

For comprehensive sound isolation you want IEM or almost any closed headphone.

for the philips x2, will i need a dac or amp? also, are the standard pads comfortable?

what are some good mics that stand in place of the stock cable? IE mics like the vmoda boompro, and such.

AKG Q701. Still can't find better headphones for ASMR videos.

External DAC/Amp reviews never talk about background noise or distortion. Can I assume that every DAC/Amp >$50 has no noticable noise or distortion?

The last set I had was a pair of Bluedio A headphones (pic related) the design and sound were good but the cheap plastic headband broke on me twice. The first time they broke was within the 1 year warranty so they sent me a new pair. The second time was after a year but I got the 3 year extended warranty so I got $70 back.

So I'm looking for a pair with a similar design and price but better durability.

Just to be clear I had the Bluetooth version and would prefer Bluetooth for the replacement.

DT990 with EQed down treble
vs
HD650 with EQed up bass

??

Those might be the dumbest looking heaphones I've ever seen.

Hyperx cloud 2 or revolver?

Regular HyperX Cloud

Why?

USB is meme. It's so bad it often reverts the right and left channel or one of them simply stops. The Revolver I'm not familiar with

I see. Thank you.

Is Bose QC 35 any good?

Yeah but they're about as expensive a headphone as you can buy.

cheers, ordered

Fell for it.

Down the road I'd like an external DAC but for the moment they are going to be played directly from my laptop.

I agree the pattern is ugly but the actual design is nice.

Should I grab myself a pair of Hifiman HE-400i's?

Looking to hear some planar sound. How do they compare to the DT-880s or AKG K701s?

autistic

I know this isn't the right thread, but it's also not worth creating a new thread:

Are there any decent mobile bluethooth speakers on the market? I know bluethooth speakers are shit in general, but I really need one. From what I've read the JBL Charge 2 hast the best sound in this price class but i hate it's design.
Price class is 100-300$.