/wbg/ - Web Browser General

This thread is for the discussion of anything regarding web browsers and search engines.

Continuing the poll from the last thread:
strawpoll.me/12460246

You can select multiple browsers.
If you selected "Other", be sure to tell us here which one you use.

Previous thread:

I'm still surprised that FF is leading, I've only even seen negative opinions on it here.

Recent migrant from Firefox/Palemoon to Chromium, it's literally the fastest, smoothest browser I've tried. But why in the fuck it doesn't has tree style tabs? What the fuck?

>Palemoon
>stable

Shit can't even render youtube and twitter properly.

I can finally agree to one of these.

>I've only even seen negative opinions on it here.

People are retarded here.
The most common complaint is about m-muh SJW, which is absolutely fucking irrelevant to the program itself.

Hate Chrome's search bar compared to Firecucks. Any way of changing it?

>no webkit Nightly for Winblows 7

REEEEEEEEEE

Sup Forums praises a browser that's sponsored by a news aggregator, and then goes to critique chrome because of "privacy" concerns. you'd be a fool to think that your browser preference will put you in any better position than the rest when it comes to privacy–so this argument alone is irrelevant. as for the browser itself, firefox is undeniably slow and bloated, not any more user-driven than other browsers, and in no way exempt from money-driven shenanigans. usable, but nothing special. at best, people could accept the fact that this whole discussion can be summarised by just saying "i just like it" and that'd be it. in fact, that's probably your best and only argument.

Instead what we get is this endless elitism towards consuming technology. your choice is either the best, or the worst. if you happen to agree with a certain majority, at a certain point: that's great user, join the club. here, keep shitposting the same so we can show them who's god tier here. and if you don't agree: lol he fell for the meme, go back to le reddit. why even bother with the rest of those fucking normies, i'll just reply with a sarcastic remark and slap on a smiley with a carat nose. that'll show them.

I guess the problem is that the majority doesn't honestly believe in their opinions, nor are willing to defend them. you either love or hate something ironically, purely based on the response you expect to get for said opinion, which is funny because this happens despite the anonymity. it's almost as if the act of being anonymous incites a necessity of inclusion, which i think would explain a big part of memes like these and even tripfagging.

Alas, this board is truly fucking dead.

i thought iridum would be good but it feels way slower than uchromium
uchromium reminds me of the old days of presto opera holy shit (no direct support for some shit sucks a lot tho)
any idea what happened with the last version of ff? im seeing a lot of shit dropping support for it like tampermonkey

Is there any reason to use Seamonkey over Firefox?
Is it faster?
More customizable?
Safer?
Something?

I was going to make the perfect browser poster in the right categories, but 1 minute in and I'm already bored and too lazy to finish it. I hate my life. Seriously. Here's an alternative

I've also considered it many times, but with stuff like JS and pixel-perfect rendering, the task is not just ridiculously complex, but also pretty much pointless since you can't really make any meaningful changes anyway.

The real problem is people making websites when they should be making either PDFs or Java applications.

update senpai, it works fine for both.

opera is literally the best idiots

You may have had a point before they switched over to WebKit and thus became merely another Safari skin.

They have the best idiots, the greatest idiots.

Dropping Presto was a mistake.

it performs the best/fastest. you mean chrome skin btw

presto was nice, but oh well. still the best browser. at least unlike chrome it doesnt start to lag over time

i agree

Any extensions/scripts/add-ons devs in here? How easy/simple/hard/tricky is it to write your stuff and in what language/s?

Firefox and Opera.
Opera because I like Opera Turbo and Firefox for the extensions.
I don't like using browser that's made by ad company (Google Chrome).

Well, Opera 12 was a great piece of software and I still use it as my mail client.

No client can handle a dozen mail accounts without choking, except Opera.