AMD pays shills to put down Intel/NVIDIA while making AMD look good

>So this is an interesting video, Tech of Tomorrow made a video addressing the rumors that were going around regarding Intel contacting the press to shit on AMD for Ryzen reviews.

youtube.com/watch?v=aUk5T3AkJYE

>At 1:40 he says that AMD has an "advocate program" for people to go around and put down Intel/NVIDIA while making AMD looks good... basically paid shills.

>At 6:50 he also says that "the people at AMD" generates rumors on how Intel/NVIDIA contact the press to put down their product.

>These are some bold statements, Tech of Tomorrow is pretty big and known in the hardware review industry, so he must know a lot of behind the scenes and insider information so I don't think he would lie about something like this, or try to cause drama... he just seems fed up and is trying to expose the truth for us consumers.

>I hope AMD releases a statement on this.

>Another interesting bit - at 5:21 he also admits that for a content creator/reviewer, if you want to keep getting free stuff you have to give them good reviews.

reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/5xh83q/tech_of_tomorrow_says_amd_has_an_advocate_program/

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/184323-intel-stuck-with-1-45-billion-fine-in-europe-for-unfair-and-damaging-practices-against-amd
strawpoll.me/12412168/r
realmofespionage.blogspot.com/2015/01/starcraft-ii-cpu-benchmarking-with-amd.html
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are also crossed trained to shill for shareblue so they can make even moar posts for 2 cents a post.

Jesus christ

>companies do marketing
wew lad

Who is this old fag? Looks like John McCain with bad facial hair.

>says the paid intel shill

> watching limbs of tomorrow

Intel Shill reporting in. Can confirm Intel literally pays you to shill their shitty products.

Wow, Intel and nVidia really learned from Hillary's campaign/CTR.

Intel and nvidia have done the same if not worse 10-fold against AMD. To object now the shoe is on the other foot is hypocritical.

Proofs?

>redd
Fuck off.
Next thread.

www.google.com

Blinkyboop!

I used to hate that bald fag because his reviews were basically reading spec sheets and he was trying way too hard to put on a persona to lure in younger viewers.

Now that his channel is nearly dead like 3dgameman's he isn't afraid to talk shit about anyone.

Says the loser who literally, earns a living begging and sucking sponsors cocks. Reliable source you got there, if anyone would know it would be this pathetic sack of shit.

>3dgameman
RODNEY FUCKING REYNOLDS!!!!!

Not proofs

>heresay by intel shill

rip

he couldn't compete with Linus especially with children and a wife to take care of

I dont think amd has enough cash to afford shills.
Pretty sure they do it for free

>they was shill the whole time!

I always had a soft spot for Rodney. When he read the name of the product it was always the full name like, "Zalman Aeroflower Cooler, RnZ1992 dash T, stroke 5/6, Alpha, Beta, Nigger". he was endearing

AMD shills are just shareholders.

Intel is based in Israel and run by jews.

This should be all you need to know.

DELET DIS OR MY 34 CHILDREN WILL STARVE SIR

Google is a search engine. You use it to search for things. Proof, for example.

>Anyone who's been on reddit for a while knows this is true. In fact this doesn't begin to scratch the surface of it. /r/AMD's lead mods are all RedTeam+ members. /r/AMD is operated as and serves as a marketing page for AMD with direct engagement with the company. Other subs like /r/nvidia or /r/intel are user forums that serves the user and the moderation has no relationship with the company's marketing department. That's why /r/AMD prohibits threads that make the company look bad, like tech support questions while /r/nvidia has a lot, because it's a user forum that serves users.

>AMD pretty much does this because of how cost-effective social media advertising is, though the ways they're going about it is unethical. While nvidia and intel spend big bucks on buying traditional ads and sponsoring events, amd has completely gotten rid of their traditional marketing team and now only spend their money on buying redditors and forum posters. It's a guerrilla strategy that's been paying dividends.

>There's a lot of pageviews available for any members of the press that can put all this information together in an article or video.

/r/AMD/ is the new /r/politics/

>AMD has processors with good performance/price ratio but that are a bit slower than the top intel models which are very expensive and hardly anyway will buy anyway.
>The difference between the intel's top models and the AMD ones is small considering the price difference.
>"lol Are you a poorfag? You need more than what AMD offers. Intel has the bet top processor therefore you should buy intel even if you ain't gonna buy their top models".
>AMD launches Ryzen.
>Top end models beats intel in most tasks while being cheaper.
>More computational power while being a better offer than what intel used to have.
>"lol you don't need more than what intel offers."
>"My crystal ball tells me that programs or games will never use more than 4 cores. Settle for a 4 core cpu."
>"The proof is this specific kind of task (games not prepared to use more than 4 threads for example). Therefore multithreading is a meme."
>"AMD has been hyping their expensive processors that are not that good in games anyway."
>"Buy instead a pentium processor, it performs the same as the expensive Ryzen anyway."
- How does this logic works?.
- Now Intel users hates AMD users because they're richfags?.
- This people basically accepted in those threads that they hyped and recommended Intel's expensive core i7/i5 processors as an argument to not buy amd when a pentium is more than enough for the tasks "that matters" anyway making moot their own initial point?
- Are this people not even aware of the efforts to implement better multithreading in different tasks including videogames?.
How many of you have noticed all this fallacies and backpedalling coming from these people? are we being telemarketed?

>ITT: amd is now guilty of joining the same party that intel and nvidia have been attending for years

Color me surprised. You can play the righteous man and remove yourself from conflict but all you bring is your downfall through inaction. Now the playing field is looking more even. Good.

Also
>AMD has processors with noticiabily worse energy efficience but not necessarily bad for the average user.
>"Buy intel, energy efficiency matters. Do you want a housefire? enjoy"
>AMD launches Ryzen.
>Better energy efficience than intel.
>"Buy a core i7, what it matters is clock frecuencies and a bit more FPS in games".
>Energy efficiency now even mentioned in the threads.
So, since when energy efficiency doesn't matter anymore? Is this the pentium 4 era again when people used to think clock frecuencies is a way to compare performance?

>AMD breaks overclocking records.
>"Ryzen is terrible on overclocking."
>It's not mentioned that overclocking 8 threads is not the same as overclocking 4 threads.
>It's not mentioned you can disable cores and overclock only 4 cores.
Are this people forgotting this "details" by mistake? or it's on purpose?.

>r/AMD is operated as and serves as a marketing page for AMD with direct engagement with the company.
WHOAH!!!!! STOP THE PRESSES LE GUISE! GET A LOAD OF MY RED HOT SCOOP!
I've seen numerous organizations link to a Reddit page. Grandpa needs to expand his horizons and get out a little more.

Intel paid manufacturerers to use their atom products to undercut arm and gain market share. The did the same to AMD when AMD's Athlon 64 was wrecking their shit. That said these are multinational corporations who only really care about money. So stop the fucking fanboyism because they don't give a fuck about you

Also
>"Look, AMD make this honest mistakes that can be fixed (for example the failed overclock on live or the EFI issues). Ryzen is DOA!."
>Meanwhile they're defending a company (Intel) that has screwed their users over the years, for example milking them with a lot of different incompatible sockets and setting unrealistic prices.
>Meanwhile this people forget that Inteld has been found guilty on using anti competitive tactics like bribing laptop and pc makers, manipulating opinions on social media (by social media i mean any public place where people can chat, including Sup Forums) with astroturfing tactics, bribing reviewers (see the recent leak), looking at ways to cripple competitiors instead of making better products.
>Meanwhile this people defend a company that clearly just invest the minimum on innovation and that can survive a long time losing money if they want until competitors cannot work anymore.
This people don't grasp the bubble they're creating by thrashtalking and trying to deter people from buying AMD. They'll get cheaper processors from Intel now and if AMD dissapears the prices will rise to the moon.
In what way is this people bennefited by rewarding this kind of behavior from intel? In what way is this people bennefited with a monopoly? Are they people paid by people who invested in Intel to avoid losing as much money as possible?

agreed
where is this from?

GOOD FUCKING GOY

not him but:
extremetech.com/computing/184323-intel-stuck-with-1-45-billion-fine-in-europe-for-unfair-and-damaging-practices-against-amd

Every company does this

strawpoll.me/12412168/r

Why can't AMD make a stronger core?

>intel make shady moves to fuck up AMD hardware from bribing OEM and fucking up the C++ compiler to run worse on AMD
>Amd pay people for positive propaganda

LITERALLY THE SAME THING!

I knew about the intel compiler thing, but I had no idea it was still going...
fucking cheaters

It's no crime to steal from a thief

>will spend thousands to experience simulations alone at home instead of the real thing with qt twink bf

Of course it's still going on. They just had to put a disclaimer that it may be "only optimized for Intel hardware."

Scummy, but legal.

Same reddit thread as OP

Because they want to emphasize multicores where it's beneficial for the server market.

You know, where the money is and what they developed 64bit instructions for?

Give them a piece of Intels server markets, and they will start beating Intel in single core AND multithreaded efficiency.

Well this explains all the ridiculous AMD shilling here

intel is really shitting their pants so hard.

i guess viral marketing is cheaper than designing a new cpu

+10 points have been added to your AMD Red Team Account

>intel is really shitting their pants so hard.

They are probably most definitely feeling an awesome wave of relief washing over right now.
I bet some of them even held a drinking party.

DELET

>intel is really shitting their pants so hard.
Jews don't defecate, they puke up a compact little pouch, containing the bones and hair of the infants they consume.

Yeah AMDrone hype was convincing but truth always comes out.

I keep hearing about this paid shill shit. I just want to know where I can sign up so that I can actually get paid to say shit I'd normally say anyway.

plebbit /r/amd mods are registeted shills on amd payroll
try sucking thier dick to get in

Intel is investing billions in a new US factory and their CEO was born in the US and not a chink or jew.
AMD's CEO is some Chink that was born in Taiwan.

Fuck Elric. I remember when this fat fuck talked shit about the community that backed him when his channel got taken over. He starting lashing out to the PC community and sucking Apple's cock but Apple didn't sponsored him and the community that made him rightfully abandon him. Fuck Elric. Fuck him.

Asians are always trying to pull this scammy crap, no surprise. Fuck AMD

>he also admits that for a content creator/reviewer, if you want to keep getting free stuff you have to give them good reviews

i know nobody believes me but i have a friend who works at AMD in Toronto

he said AMD Employees shitpost on r/AyyMD and shit

my dad works for nintendo

>"he's just mad he didn't get Zen because he broke 480 NDA"
Uhhhh he didn't? His agreement apparently had a different time than everyone else's. Jumping to that conclusion is fucking retar-
>thread locked
Why am I not surprised. an_angry_Moose, go fuck yourself like the GDDR5X super shill you are.

This sounds like something that Intel would make up.

Generally I lean towards believing the company that hasn't lost a multi billion dollar lawsuit for unfair business practices, including bribery, misadvertising, manipulation of media coverage, etc.
Or the one that has a history of 'training' retail workers with intel propaganda

Not that AMD isn't capable of it, but intel has a history.

>AMD has an "advocate program"
yeah type that shit in, get a couple different vectors but one seems to be

>Red Team+

>ignoring judicial facts over some bald fuck on youtube

how very clever of you.

+5 points have been added to your Red Team+ Account.

>I have no argument

i wouldnt say AMD isnt capable of it. its more like they would finaly step up there game to the level intel had it since the 90's. Intel has a long history of using media and lawyer pressure to supress or push certain oppinions.

That same paid Atom program pretty much killed AMD's tablet chances too, their Jaguars are/were a pretty good competitor to the Atom processor, except not a single tablet used them.

At least their Jaguars dominate the console market.

I really hope the Smach Z (AMD powered) sparks something in handheld PCs, it's something i can easily see MSI or Asus copying.

I'm sorry this post doesn't live up to our standards of the Red Team. Please try again and include more positive words about AMD and/or negative words about Intel & Nvidia.

>large corporations aren't your friend

Who knew?

AMD fanboys apparently

Hmm funny, I don't see AMD getting sued for anti-trust but I sure as fuck saw Intel getting sued for anti-trust.

But which should I believe; a reviewer or a court of law? Hmmmmmm, very hard to logically think about.

How curious this didn't make the news until Ryzen launched
rly maeks the ol noggin get goin

How curious that hundreds of posts smearing AMD on Sup Forums appeared after ryzen was released along with poorly made photoshops purely against a product that will force Intel to stop charging so much on their CPUs.

That's not a new factory, they abandoned it in 2013 and reallocated it for a future node that was scheduled for 2020+
Realistically that factory won't be ready until 2023
It's just Brian trying to suck Trump's cock with non-news, meanwhile his HR cries that they won't get their pajeets on H1B, unlike AMD
Meanwhile GloFo keeps continues massive investment in it's NY foundries since 2013

No, g-goyim, Intel are honest, they'll never scam you.

Give my regards to Dell, Ezekiel.

Are you living in lala land?

Intel is not changing their prices a bit because Ryzen isn't even competition, that's how bad it is.

Intel didn't change prices back in the P4 days
Meanwhile Ryzen is sold out in most retailers, it's a success though it won't decimate Intel in the enthusiast market, but they do compete
The real carnage will be the server market

>it's a success

Then why is AMD's stock tanking?

Nvidia stock tanked more despite having no issues at ask right now, Intel stock tanked as well
It's the market, most tech companies are in a downtrend right now
Nvidia lost 9% without any """ disappointing """, you shouldn't read armchair analysts who will do anything to get some clicks

realmofespionage.blogspot.com/2015/01/starcraft-ii-cpu-benchmarking-with-amd.html

its over AMDicksuckers

vega will be the final nail in the coffin

Underrated. 16 hours out and Intel shills didn't respond to this.

actually, these should be their own thread, to remind Sup Forums that we ARE, indeed, being shilled

Overvalued at $15, still overvalued until Ryzen revenue actually starts coming in.
Product launches often seen as a good opportunity to sell.
People who bought back in the single digits are selling.
Knowledgeless trend hoppers selling because of gaming benchmarks. (The vast majority of investors have no idea how the companies they're investing in actually work.)

There are many reasons for AMD's stock value to drop, Zen being a failed architecture is not one of them.

That's fucking bull.
You can't spoof a CPU in VMWARE, only KVM/QEMU can do that.

So to test this out, you would simply need to grab the Intel compiler, compile some binary, run it with "spoofed CPU", and compare.

But yeah, didn't expect the dude would do a fair check. This is just shilling, not journalism or researching.

>realmofespionage.blogspot.com/2015/01/starcraft-ii-cpu-benchmarking-with-amd.html
the instructions are in the comments ^

>To spoof an AMD CPU on VMWare (Player works) edit the VMX and add the following:
>cpuid.0.ebx = "0110:1000:0111:0100:0111:0101:0100:0001"
>cpuid.0.ecx = "0100:0100:0100:1101:0100:0001:0110:0011"
>cpuid.0.edx = "0110:1001:0111:0100:0110:1110:0110:0101"
>cpuid.1.eax="--:0000:0000:0000:--:1111:0100:0110"
>featureCompat.enable = FALSE

No I mean I used Vmware for way too long. Both player, Workstation and vSphere. It cannot really spoof, it just displays a different string.

If they believe that really changes anything, that's just sad. QEMU shows generic CPU, that's one step ahead. But you should also block certain instructions, put on the extra tinfoil layer.

Or you can use Xen too. Whatever.

Also, the biggest issue I see here is, that he ran a 3D game in Vmware. Which has an utter shit 3D implementation. (Yeah, yeah, it has 3D since v7, but it never worked).

So my suspicion is that the game cannot render parts and this results in a higher result. Pretty sure if he ran the same test on the machine with no editing, he would get a similar score.

>Both player, Workstation and vSphere. It cannot really spoof, it just displays a different string.
isn't that the point of the test...
the intel compiler produces binaries that detect intel/other CPUs, and apply optimizations accordingly, leaving the best performance to intel-based systems. but if you are using an AMD CPU and change those strings, it will run much better.

I thought this was well known...
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49

(^ related)

It can't be healthy to be so angry that you actually want some company to die? I see this so much and it's either legitimate rage or bait. What is the logic behind it? If AMD is gone or pulls out then Intel is the only player in the field and can do what they want. People really seem to want to be raped in the ass with high prices.

>Tons of typical RedTeam+ bs and lies, what kind of answer do you expect? Oh, I know: