There's a new update for the software I use frequently?

>there's a new update for the software I use frequently?
>nah I'm gonna keep the version I have because I don't need to waste my precious time updating it.
>lol I don't care if there's security patches and stuff like that. My version just werkz
>it's probably gonna take up more RAM and I don't want that.
>lol what this new version is 5MB to download when my old version was 3.5MB. Fuck that bloat. I'm sticking with X
>you don't need to update perfection

These are the people who post on Sup Forums

>there's a new update for the software I use frequently?
>IT COMES INCLUDED WITH BOTNET?!
>SIGN ME UP!
This is you.

>every update is a botnet

This is you

Wrong

>missing the point

How are those AUR builds coming up user?
Or is it your Windows 10 updates?

wat

Remember when they "upgraded" Opera?

Now sit the fuck down, ignorant slave.

That's pretty accurate though.

(((Updates)))

Not really

>average uTorrent user

updates are very seldom botnets when the program is free software

when it's nonfree software updates are often botnets. Remember how the only thing Microsoft bothered backporting to Windows 7 was the (((telemetry)))?

>there is a new update
>Oh I see, it fixes the security hole where somebody could get my email and maybe the hash of the password if he sits in front of my pc and does XY and Z in the following order and then types jkehfdskjfkjsdfkh in the chat (skype)
>Also the new version removes the 200% soundvolume (VLC) and instead makes the highest 120% "which is as loud as the old 200%" (which it clearly is not because there is no overdrive anymore and I liked that)

No thanks, I stay on the old version. If someone already sits in front of my pc everything is lost anyways.

>basement2.jpg
what's basement1.jpg? dare I even ask?

>update laptop to fix integrated graphics performance and bugs
>it breaks the ability to change backlight on my laptop
>they never fucking fix the backlight issue

thanks intel.

>update available
>thing not broken
doesn't need update

Sound like a OEM problem

>updates are bloat
it's absolutely true though, especially on Android

why would I need to update my su binary so often, if ever?

I wish there were two branches of updates; security updates and functionality updates.

Security updates just being security and nothing else, while functionality updates contain all of that bloaty buggy garbage that people program into perfectly functional software to justify their existence.

What I want is firefox 3.6 with up-to-date security. Is that really too much to ask

Open-source projects hate LTS because devs think working on new features is fun and patching security holes in old code is boring.

Proprietary-software companies hate LTS because they want to sell you version X + 1 instead of supporting version X, since that costs less and brings in more revenue.

Yeah, updating security holes isn't as exciting as working on that 'new paradigm shift social media neural net machine learning cloud computing radical synthesis' functionality.
And in corporation structures that are google-like and people just generally work on what they want, this disincentives working on the boring but important stuff.
Resulting in less secure, more resource intensive and less useful software.

why would i install latest developments in trojans and backdoors to my compy

>compy

>What I want is firefox 3.6 with up-to-date security.

But 3.6 sucked. The current one is faster.

>software is working perfectly fine
>update it
>something doesnt work properly anymore
This happens frequently. There are things you can do to protect yourself from most security issues but you shouldn't blindly update everything just because there is an update available.

Security is more than just keeping software up to date. If you can't keep your shit safe even without updating your software then you won't be safe with it updated either.

Fucking weeaboo, slit your wrists.

>complains about taiwanese moving frames
You're on the wrong weebsite, faggot

I'd rather be with her than him.

>being a weeb

>on a weebsite

loser

>there are people on Sup Forums who don't know it's a weebsite that's literally owned by a Japanese guy

You must have accidentally wandered here from reddit, go back.

not only this but it’s been literally created to discuss anime and is based on a Japanese imageboard

complaining about weebs on Sup Forums is similar to complain about the salt in the sea