Where does Sup Forums stand on the augmentation debate?

Where does Sup Forums stand on the augmentation debate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOHbn8Q1fBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What debate?

As long as poorfags don't have access to it I'm all for it. If it's cheap and accessible I consider it an abomination of God and the most serious blasphemy of the century.

Should it be allowed?

Is it ethical?

Wouldn't humans be forced into augmentation to compete with the augmented?

Won't this give the rich a huge advantage over the poor?

Should the government regulate it?

What about hydrolic penises?

>augmentation
Dues Ex when?

>As long as poorfags don't have access to it I'm all for it. If it's cheap and accessible I consider it an abomination of God and the most serious blasphemy of the century.

Richfags are as bad as applefags

>hydrolic
sounds like you need a brain augment you fucking retard

>no proper punctuation
>no capital letter on the first word of the sentence

Go forth and kill yourself.

>Should it be allowed?
Why wouldn't it be?
>Is it ethical?
Same question, why wouldn't it be?
>Wouldn't humans be forced into augmentation to compete with the augmented?
Probably. So? We're already pushed to do a lot of things if we want to be competitive with others in life, that's what most of the education system is after all.
>Won't this give the rich a huge advantage over the poor?
Well they already have a huge advantage over the poor simply by virtue of having lots of money, I don't see this making it any worse than it is.
>Should the government regulate it?
Only in the way the FDA does - prospective products should have to be proved safe and effective. Beyond that, no.
>What about hydrolic penises?
What about them? do you suck dicks?

It's good for people who need it.

>hydrolic penises
Aren't penii technically highdrawlick anyways

Yeah, I'm not really going to amputate working body parts just to have robotic ones, especially given that they're all probably going to be literally botnets.

ded game

If I need a constant supply of drugs to maintain my augs, then no.

On the one hand fuck yes give me cybereyes

On the otherhand fucking TVs and lighbulbs are already DDOSing the shit out of everything on top of whatever spying they're doing for the NSDA so fuck no don't give me cybereyes

what is this!?

i bet you saw some video of your favorite random xD YouTuber or read some reddit comment about this shit and now oyu pretend everyoen under the sun knows what this is and that you are an expert on this

i don't like the thought that those robot legs will be running nonfree software that can be easily bricked, or worse, by a large governmental or Illuminati-tier conspiracy.

i don't think there is anything wrong with it in principle.

I'm with this guy. If I lost my arm in a tragic linux installing accident, you can be damn sure I'd be getting the best robot arm somebody else's money could buy. But no chance in hell am I replacing one toenail while the old one still works.

My question about it is how do you stay in shape if your legs and arms are augmented?

did you say AMR?

wifi enabled dicks when?

well since augmentations will likely be static, I don't think you need to worry about atrophy

How do you get some nice tone if all your shit is fake tho. You'll be one weird looking fucker in a few years time. It's like losing your teeth you get some bone loss among other things. If I decide to over eat imma be some fat ass with robo arms and no real way to work off those cals.

Imagine some idiot replaces his dick with a robo penis. No testosterone is going to make him one big bitch. You might as well put in some breast implants and buy a purse. Has no one ever seen what eunichs go through? Castrato's?

i mean I don't get why you care.

I imagine any real bionic arm is going to have a human-like, muscular structure. There are pretty good reasons for the layout of our skeletal muscles.

probably some weird ass electrically sensitive polymer that mimics muscular fibers.

>If I decide to over eat imma be some fat ass with robo arms and no real way to work off those cals.
Well if they're able to make augmentations draw energy from your body, I'm sure every last one of them will come with a setting to draw more energy than it needs just to make you lose weight.

calorie restriction since half of you is running on batteries now

>t.nihilist
The point is there are massive cons that are never talked about besides pie in sky bullshit

That's a big if. Still have to connect it to your musculature. People with fake limbs already have tells and abnormal growth or lack of.

That's the only thing I can think of atm. Besides abs what about neck or pecs?

I don't see how "Aesthetics" is that big of a deal.

I suppose it's an issue if you're some homo body builder.

>Should it be allowed?
yes
>Is it ethical?
yes
no
yes

no

yes

the biochip thing would happen IRL but worse in every way

reminds me of the ethics of genetic engineering / designer babies

youtube.com/watch?v=nOHbn8Q1fBM

>Only in the way the FDA does - prospective products should have to be proved safe and effective. Beyond that, no.
I think an extra regulation should be made in order to prevent telemetry and surveillance through augmentations.

I sometimes wonder who's side the FDA will be on, really.

There will be some oversite, sure, but there is a good chance that they'll ultimatley not be out for the consumer entierly.

My hands are shitting out on me,
My feet are shitting out on me
My wrists are fucking useless
I can't use my fingers to grip things tightly otherwise its a good 3 days of sharp stabbing pain that makes wiping my ass difficult

Then you have the more normal I have bad eyes

If I could replace the parts of my body shitting out on me with mechanical ones, I would, without hesitation so long as they were as good as humans can get if not better.

If they could make a smart contact that corrects your vision that would be good enough for me, Ill wear glasses and a brick for augmented reality (imagine going to a city, not knowing the language, but so long as you can read or write you can communicate)

As much as I would love to I know shitty security practices would just lead to my ass, possibly literally in this case, getting hacked.

We replace parts on a car when they go bad, why not with people? The only part that makes you, you, is your brain. Everything else is just a means to protect/service/interface said brain.

I'm against cybernetics. Genetic modification is the path to a better future, cutting ourselves up and hooking up batteries is a path to a living nightmare

just imagine how cybersex would change if we would had tech like in GITS

>sarif
Is this the company that makes affinity photo?

Some one us don't live in basements.

Actually your entire body's chemistry affects who you are. Or what? Do you think your brain is an isolated system that works independently from the rest of your body?

There have been alleged cases in which replacing body parts or internal organs has led to the patients having personality/behavior changes.

Debate?
Give me the rpbot arms dude.

>Augmentation is allowed
>I have to jerk it to anime girls while Robo-Chad fucks all the women with his hydraulic dick

>Hello! You will need to restart your left leg and right elbow for bug fixes.
>Hello! You will need to pay to use the Adobe Eye-Swift Extension
>Hello! You will need to pay fifteen bot-credits to say naughty things on the internet
>Hello! You will need to report to your local police officers as you are suspected of a crime. Do not resist
>Hello! To continue using your CyberNet(TM) eye, you will need to watch seventeen minutes of unskippable commercials.
The future is here

already ahead of the game nerds. i love mastur bating with my huge dick ladies would love it if only they had a dick like mine

but if we had augmentations some girls might literally turn themselves into anime girls

>alleged cases in which replacing body parts or internal organs has led to the patients having personality/behavior changes.
I'm not saying its not possible, but that's extremely far from concrete evidence, and even if the alleged cases did exist it could just as easily be psychosomatic as a result of them having heard of it happening and being self fulfilling.

I'm not against it, could come in really handy. I'm sure it has it's cons tho, but having extra options is never a bad thing.

>if I can't have it, nobody can!
Get out!

>Should it be allowed?
sure

>Is it ethical?
as long as its standard limb replacement or upgrade of existing abilities. ethics are irrelevant. its like plastic surgery or prosthetic limb for a war veteran.

would be a fun hurdle to come to.

the gap is already huge, advancing the tech could be a Universal good for mankind.

it should be expected, there is a lot of potential.

have fun.

I used the word "alleged" because there hasn't been any conclusive research done on the subject, so yes, it's possible there were outside factors that triggered the change. But the cases are very much real.

I'm not a fan of messing with things we don't fully understand, changing our biology could have unexpected consequences.
Nobody would of guessed that our body had a self-destruct mechanism pre-installed back when we used to die of the common cold.

People can do whatever the hell they want, but I'm not following, and think that these kinds of questions should be asked publicly and taken seriously so people can be fully informed before making big decisions.

Consumer-grade technology is unreliable shit. Now imagine a buggy instable piece of tech inside of your body. No thanks.

In principle, I'm all for the aug thing, but I can't imagine them working reliably.

genetic engineering is much closer to reality than cyborg shit, and when it happens, being a cyborg will be retarded because it will cost more than a gene-editing virus injection and it will also look dumb.

So Denton will come before Jensen?

no because he's a video game character and will never exist. but seriously, i did say that genetic engineering is most likely to happen first, so take a guess.

Its good if you have actually lost a limp/part but why the would I cut a had just to be robocop?fucking retarted

Some people augment their brains with fedoras, makes sense to continue progression by augmenting other organs and body parts.

i don't know. I've never had a gf. I've spend 5 years compiling linux, so technology is obliviously no the answer.

>Should it be allowed?
Yes
>Is it ethical?
Yes
I guess, maybe ban shit from athletic competitions. But neurological implants are a tougher choice.
t. reddit
To some extent, yes.
sure why not

Imagine a non-augmented league and an augmented league for sports, the augmented one would be more interesting since they could have special abilities, faster than normal, etc.

This kind of already happens at the special Olympics, runners without legs with the spring type leg prothesis are sometimes faster than the regular athletes.

how will you jerk of your mechanical dick??

Men vs Women leagues

It's penes, but yes.

mark of the beast

Absolutely nothing wrong with it and I'd sign up as a test subject today if it were possible. Pity we'll all be dead before our new robot bodies are ready.

Legs.Telemetry.sys has stopped working

>Since you dont have exclusive lifetime premium on your eyes we have suspended your body while we play this 1 minute ad for you in your eyes.

GNU/Arm

>look are not perfect yet.... but they will improve in the next version!
>can you choose two different index fingers for your iArm? PROTIP: you can't. GNU/Arm mustard race
>I can use any nail color I want
>If I don't like the my fingers, I can just change them myself (I just didn't get around it yet)
>minimalist metal design, iArm keks be jelly
>if the step-motor breaks, I can just fix it myself. Enjoy paying for the repair iArm fags.

The dystopian future you have presented me with is terrifying.

I'm just worried what happens if you buy a robo arm, get your natural arm cut off and it turns out you can't pay back the loan

>My hands are shitting out on me,
>My feet are shitting out on me
>My wrists are fucking useless
>I can't use my fingers to grip things tightly otherwise its a good 3 days of sharp stabbing pain that makes wiping my ass difficult

Damn nigga wtf happened to you?

Why would you need implants while living in virtual reality?

>if the step-motor breaks, I can just fix it myself.
Kek no you can't you have a broken arm.

Robo dicks would be awesome
Imagine a world without impotence.

It would be nice to replace failing or otherwise dysfunctional body parts/organs at will.

there is no practical reason to augment anything in your body unless you are disabled

>brain/eyes
nope, one does not just become smarter when you throw more wires at your brain, also how the fuck will the first test look like?

>"hey sir, we need to test if this mesh that interacts with the very instrument that keeps you alive, conscious, and sentient works and makes you smarter."
>"possible side effects include: death, autism, your brain perceiving death in an endless loop with no escape, psychopathy, psionic powers, or suicidal thoughts, to name a few"

IRL if you have enough money to do something and it's not illegal you can get away with it

the moral dilemma will vanish when people and governments fall into the augmentation meme

faster athletes, better soldiers, more intelligent scientists, there will be no debate. It will became a standard and it will be a great excuse for the republicans to kill the poor

I completely support augmented tits, no matter how bad they may look and feel!

Lad there's a guy getting his head transplanted this year because his body is fucked. If you want to you can always find someone desperate enough for crazy shit like that.

No, never ever. Beside the wet dreams of some retards, we will end up with backdoored and ads-friendly """""enhanced""""" members, you won't be in total control of your body.
It will be more of a curse than anything else.
It's a dream to think that companies won't try to fuck with our bodies. The rich want to control the world, if they can control our body, it becomes even easier.
I won't be part of that.

>2050
>be 80
>buy some 3rd world shitskin's body
>bleach it a bit and have your head installed

Would be cool but probably very expensive.

Artificial limbs are for people who lack their real ones.

I'd rather see all illnesses cured first.

Or stem cells and CRIPS tech to replace body parts with new ones or improved ones.

I would also like to have genetic therapies that could change your body appearance.

Augmentation means shit if you can't deal with basic problems like curing common illnesses.

I want a prehensile penis myself.

>Should it be allowed?
Non therapeutic body modification already exists.
>Is it ethical?
Ethics stem from morals. And if your moral code says you have something to say about what other do with their own body you need to stop giving yourself unwarranted self importance.
>Wouldn't humans be forced into augmentation to compete with the Already the case with people affording better devices/cars/homes/education/ect.
See above.
Yes, just like anything that requires surgical operations to be done. But also, no I don't want prism in my peg leg.
Strap ons already exist, penile cosmetic surgery already exists.

I wouldn't replace my good limbs with augs but I'd take ortheses over protheses. Give me them extra arms.

Let me blow your legs and dick off with an ied, then you can ask me again. Until then, go back to asking if fucking toasters should have rights because some idiot programmed it to have feelings about how burnt you want your fucking bread.

I laughed at first, because I thought about super speed tards, but then I remembered an article ages ago about that exact thing.

thinkingemoji.jpg

Special Olympics is for the physically and mentally challenged, being in it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your mind

Okay there, rothschild.

Isn't that what I said?

No?

I was laughing about retards in an Olympic event, like potato pole vaulting, or 100-m dummy dash.

Idk man.

Kursgesat

>Should it be allowed?
Why not?
>Is it ethical?
Depends on the circumstances but generally as long as it isn't forced on someone without or against their consent, it's fine. Mr. I Never Asked For This wasn't very ethical though.

Are you forced into, diet, exercise and plastic surgery to compete with super models? With in certain industries and jobs I'm sure they'll have an advantage, but you think construction companies are gonna hire a guy who turned himself into a forklift or just some normal guys and a forklift for a fraction of the cost? Being a physical exemplar is actually a lot less useful in this technological age than just being smart or knowledgable.

> Won't this give the rich a huge advantage over the poor?
They already have a huge advantage of the poor; its called being rich. Who cares if they can jump 30 feet in the air or lift a car? What does that change? Alright, imagine this: Bill Gates is now a super strong cyborg. How will that impact his fucking software company?

Depends what you're talking about. Regulate it like they already regulate prosthetics? To prevent fly-by-night companies from creating garbage that kills people? Sure. Regulate it in that people with criminal records can't get built in shotgun feet or something? Sure. Nothing beyond that though.

>What about hydraulic penises
What about them? Sexual prowess is a lot more than having a big dick that can thrust quickly. And I'm sure there are a lot of women who would prefer flesh and blood over piston and silicone. I mean, If I offered a real pussy vs a fleshlight jammed inside a woman's pelvic cavity, which would you choose?

The quandary in the game wasn't "should it be allowed?", it was "should people who don't need them be allowed to get them?".

Imagine if runners started chopping of their legs and replacing them with those springy ones in order to run faster. Or imagine if those artifical hearts reached a point where somebody could live indefinitely without a real heart, rather than just a year or so, and everyone with the slightest fear of having a heart problem went out and ditched their real heart for a heart in a backpack.

A doctor wouldn't just give you triple bypass surgery if you ask for it, should he give you augs?

People who raise this point aren't usually competing with anything themselves.
It's always either some NEET or some average Joe working a 9 to 5 day job, who hasn't competed with the society for a day in his life.

thats what you get to trust that linux was fully installable on ARM user, let that be a lesson for ya

as of args? well if i lost an arm or leg im balls deep for it.

That doesn't really invalidate the point, though, that's just ad hominem

Hells yeah, how is it even a question