Language map thread

Language map thread
post em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmLAvEo5UGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Kashubian language area is extremely exaggerated. I imagine the other ones are too.

How do you say TSUUUUUU in your language?

>ныдть
Jeesus Christ, wtf is that?

russified sami speak perhaps

Hoc in catalan is also correct, but much less common

Saami, someday thay come in your hometown Murmansk and all of a sudden gibe clay muthafucka
t. Ivan Prazhydnyikoff

dat commonwealth
also Romania kek

Da is archaic in Slovene, no one says da.

fucking delet this

did the austrians really cuck you that much?

Ne.

In russian "tak" means "that's how".

— Slovenia, are you Slavic?
— Ja

>hizkuntza

That's not even a real language.

>Others???

Unique, mysterious language representing, you jelly faggots? :DD

>inb4 fedora memes.

>même
>bénisse
>oui

Can your language EVEN compete ?

It does in Polish too. I think that's how it became "yes".

>bénisse
Benis?? :DDD

we say sometimes 'ta', it's like an unofficial shorter version

Dieu te bénisse :DDDDD

lol

décoenché

BENISSE :-DDDDDDDDDD

>Slovenia, are you slavic?
>Ja!

>Romania, are you romance?
>Da!

kek.

We have a village called Benissa

The root for "word" plus suffix. Works well.

>igen
>kyllä
>evet
Only Uralfags and turkroaches would think having a two syllable word for yes is a good idea. It's almost as bad as never inventing one in the first place like the Chinese.

spraak taal? more like spreek taal

To be fair, kyllä is the former word. Joo is used more often.

what does "bir" mean?

No such word. Where did you get it?

Jersey

seeWe use joo, juu and some times even jaa.
Kyllä itself often gets shortened to kyl or kyä in some hilbilly dialects.

Igen is swedish and means again and i think evet is hungarian for year

Im in this forgotten by god country. Help me plz

évet is year in accusative case, normally it's just év

>36 replies
>3 maps posted so far
cmon

>t.Asen Abadjiev

Spraak
Taal
Tong

Separate words idiot.

>no drevokocur edit
I'm surprised

Ja is superior anyway. And yes, language can have borrowed words, just look at English, half of their vocabulary isn't even of germanic origin.

Holy fuck, why is every word so complex except Russian?

>dat dramblys

sincap isn't complex
holy fuck this is true

pill in hebrew

Well, I don't really know what would be more weird: that Lithuanians borrowed a Hebrew word for pill and used it to name elephants, or vice versa

>razboi

Romanians are Slavic brothers confirmed again

lol no, I mean elephant is Pill in hebrew

Which dialects do kyl and kyä?

>sheep pain country

the fuck

> Portugal

gamal in heb
I don't understand why these maps never show us

In galician is camelo. Gemál doesn't make any sense, you can't pronounce that in our language and the accent is wrong. God knows where did the guy that made that got that word.

>Island, Irland, England, Estland, Lettland, Litauen, Polen, Spanien, Rumänien, Italien, Serbien, Bulgarien, Kroatien, Portugal, Belgien, Finland, Nordirland, Bosnien-Hercegovina, Montenegro, Albanien
How come German and Swedish have so many country names in common that are literally the same? I don't think Danish and Norwegian share nearly as many

Why is Caucasus always a mess???

autism

fug, I thought everyone says 'jo' here. I'm not a Kaszub, but still from the north

I personally don't know, but Swedes tend to use German names for foreign cities, lakes and regions if we don't have our own.
youtube.com/watch?v=YmLAvEo5UGI

>is Romania romance?
>Da

kek

Country names are very similar in all Germanic languages except English, which sometimes uses latinized forms (e.g. Germany, Austria, Estonia).

But the ones I mentioned aren't just very similar, they're literally 100% the same spelling. It seems weird given that most of our words, although similar, very rarely are spelled the exact same way

>chifut

Lel, we also have the word, and it means "greedy".

The ending -en is used in Swedish and the word "land" is the same so it makes sense that many names are the same.

European Countries With Literal Translations Of Their Chinese Names

Why don't you two look up every word root in these countries to determine whether we've borrowed from the Germans, the other way around or if they're merely coincidences

I suppose that might explain most of it. Though I still find it strange that we've seemingly imported more German than the Danes have.

>aslan

fucking hell slavs what are you doing

>Insurance Profit -ya
>Very Lucky soldiers
kek

>Žid

Sure we use this word, but it's un-PC. It's like saying Yid in American English. The proper term is jud.

I can see that some speculation has been involved in the making of this maps, leading to a homogenization of the Slavic terms. For instance, as we see in
every Slavic word for flower has been make to be cvijet/cvjat/cvet, and while it is not lexically incorrect to say cvet in Slovene, this is still entirely the realm of 19th century poetry and a borrowed word at that.

Roža is the word for flower, and cvet is a flower petal, as well as a very polite metaphor for vagina.

But these maps are external and no amount of complaining to Sup Forums will set them right.

kek

>russia
>red shirt country

>Sweeden

>dator

>slovenes pretending to be more slavic than slavs
as pathetic as fingols pretending to be white

>Jamal

>sweden
>jamal

the fcke

German also uses "Rechner", related to the English word "reckon".

dropping some important vocabulary

>not realizing it's shopped

>dators

Sound 1970s retro-futuristic. You can imagine large computer servers and analog machinery flashing lights and making beeping/tape hissing noises.

Welcome to my word.

Fuck
>*World

>non-geographic
>what is Pale of Settlement

Ok, but you don't actually say pivo in everyday conversation, do you? You do say 'pir' like we do, amirite?

keku

>Ok, but you don't actually say pivo in everyday conversation, do you? You do say 'pir' like we do, amirite?

>slovenia
>slavic

I imagined something more like Batman building his supercomputer in the Batcave and naming it Dator