Install programs with package manager.

Can anyone make a Copypasta for this? We have this thread atleast every Week

cowsay

>what is chocolatey

be free

Trash.

Freedom.

Ryzen

i bet you faggots use non free packages anyway ... dont fool this user with your memes

Tux Racer

I'm on a thinkpad X60 with free BIOS and trisquel GNU/linux. 0 Non-free packages.

Show me 1(one) person who uses it.

>uni student in group
>install necessary software
>get a lot of errors durings installation that we have to fix
>"Ok, I'll fix all of these if you can fix this one simple error and then we reinstall"
>fix all errors that I said I would
>guy says he fixed the ONE he was gonna fix
>start reinstall
>still 1 error, it was the one he was gonna fix.

Are all win-tards incapable of fixing simple fucking errors?

I don't know. I've got a dualboot for ideas like free software, privacy and control over my OS, but then I do almost all of my work in Windows, including Java (although Java can be used anywhere equally).

I do see myself doing anything C in Linux. Windows is too confusing to deal with because of all the shit you need to do just to print out "Hello World".

>he fell for the meme

what can windows do that linux can't ?

Its a little slow and I have to turn off libre JS every time I want to post on Sup Forums but its 100% worth it for the freedom.

Run fast

Run the Ryzen CPU fast

whylinuxisbetter.net/

Please fuck off from this board newfag

But I'm not new, I've been here for an hour

Run 90% of industry standard software.

then lurk moar

can you even tell me the signifigance in the numbers of your post?

x86_64 is partially proprietary. You aren't truly a freetard unless you're using RISC V

>go to work
>cash registers run Windows
>company PCs run Windows
>go to the dentist's office
>x ray machines are connected to Windows PCs
>go to college
>some classes require we run software that's only available on Windows
>watch anime
>the artists that created it used Windows computers or maybe Macs
>visit my parents
>my dad is still using a Windows laptop issued to him by his work and an iPad his work gave him

>Sup Forums still tells me open source software is popular outside of the consumer market

Not as good. It is a good start though.

fuck the industry and their faggot standard

The standard CMD and even PowerShell, and the set of utilities they package for them, are annoying and not as easy and strong as UNIX/Linux coreutils.

I do like the ideas with objects as opposed to strings but in practice it just ends up being annoying to do the same tasks.

The bash subsystem stuff on Windows 10 is neat and handy though. I just kind of wish it was incorporated into the system more directly.
Having to use third party patches and applications like conemu to work around Windows' systemwide TTY limitations is also annoying.

Try to develop in Python on Windows for any serious project and then we'll talk again

I would chastise you for using Python for important major projects but I have had the 'pleasure' of working with the data science community.

The cult like obsession with undocumented, spaghetti-laden Python libraries borders on obscene.

Leave you're dignity intact.

Respect your freedoms

how is Linux "free"?

>university
>every single computer runs centos
>every professor either uses mac or GNU/Linux
>every software runs on GNU/Linux, has trouble running on Windows so most students end up with ubuntu VMs

How is life at the university of Zimbabwe?

Such as?
Windows can't run gcc.

*Cambridge

>university of lagos

how come all the graduates from sad university will end up in proprietary companies then that push surveillance onto their customers?!

rly meks u tink

Well I referenced my experience at the prestigious Northern Arizona University.

They even had a virtual lab thing where you could remotely log in to a virtualized Windows desktop to use software the school bought licenses for.

yeah, the last two digits are what I paid for your mom last night

I should have assumed earlier that even the "prestigious" yankee universities were of such low quality.

We're one of the best universities in the world for forestry. You probably haven't heard of us because Britain has no forests.
>but hurrr isn't Arizona a desert??
Ur dumb if you think that.

Forestry is irrelevant to CS. Get out of Sup Forums please.

thank you Sup Forumsros. I'm installing Ubuntu right now

>Sup Forums is only for code monkeys

I said CS, not crap like SE.

Rip

Run on arm well

>the vast majority of code monkeys aren't CS majors

Linux is nonfree software; it includes binary only (proprietary) code, so called "kernel blobs".

Ciao Keziolino

Apple products, and some Adobe and Autodesk ones as well.

*Leans into mic* GAMES *sniff*

Not spy on you (and not kill your computer's performance while doing it: microsoft compability telemetry).

>tfw telemetry-free non-updated Windows 7

>University of Beijing

It's all good until you upgrade your computer a couple of years down the line.

>wsl

>yfw I can install Ubuntu , Arch, and AUR packages on my Windows machine

>University of Memes

Maybe they are. CS however had nothing to do with code monkeying.
Why would anyone waste their time on a uni if they just want to become code monkeys?

You're incapable of telling a story

Because they are code monkeys, they're not smart.

Live OS from DVD

Linux, and UNIX-based OS's are just generally a lot more comfortable for software development than Windows in my opinion. It's why you see a lot of webdevs use Macbooks; because they're like baby-linux. Trendy, but still has bash.

Once you've developed on windows for any sizable amount of time and moved to linux, it's honestly hard going back.

C# and VS is OK to code.

Be free of charge, have source code available, be available on countless architectures, have native POSIX API.

The rest is just a matter of marketing and available applications.

ironically, suck at security

windows is paranoid because of its past and there are countless tool that watch your back

in linux you don't even know what's going on, even if you're a decent expert

Windows PE is a thing

More like Windows PU EHEHEHEAHAHEHAHEA

Windows 7 works with every new CPU there is right now.

It can produce wonderful screen tearing. And it produces low performance, due to shit drivers. And all dekstop environemnts are buggy as shit.

Inflate the time needed to complete a task tenfold

Make a folder named AUX

what is this trickery

>go to work
>whole company runs Debian

it is not my fault that you are cashier and i am network administrator.

you should have educated yourself

How?

>implying I'm a cashier
I work in the dock unloading merchandise. Im part of the backbone of the economy. If all dock workers like me disappeared, we'd go straight back to before boats were invented. If all network connecting monkeys like you disappeared, Stacy would have to go without updating facebook. I just have to clock in and out on the cashier, and I know they're running some form of Windows because the windows logo is displayed when they're booting up.

Most companies that don't need their computers for some special snowflake application that's so niche even Windows doesn't support it use Linux because it's more customizable. The other 90% of companies use Windows.

Keep you a virgin

Take my hand.

That's a lie and you know it, it's well within Windows' capabilities.

No it isn't. Windows may not help you get laid, but Linux will actively deny it.

>What can Linux do that Windows can't?
Nothing. Using one over the other is just preference.

FREEDOM !

I'm saying, Windows with the right software can actively deny it too.
It's not for nothing it has all the h-games.

Yeah, but that's the fault of the H-games, not the OS.

OH FUCK

I for one like being able to use all kinds of filesystems with different characteristics, mount them into the tree structure I want, and for example using the btrfs snapshot features

windows is set up to make inherently simple functionality a premium service, and on top of that just has shit functionality like no package repos that all software goes into by default

Give you a migrane every single day

Be free of Pajeets. That's what I call a real freedom.

bosslinux.in
India contributes a lot to Linux though.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

you can replace A or X from different language
in russian A looks same and X is different letter
but why whould anyone want to call their folder AUX anyway

rofi

linux does, what windon't

Windows being shit as usual

Linux doesn't watch you fap. :(

I use linux libre

if you really need to worry about that than you have bigger problems pedo